1500 Point Tzeentch Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited list

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch on Disc of Tzeentch @ 253
    w/Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    w/shield
    w/great weapon

Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch on Chaos Steed (to go with Knight unit) @ 172
    w/shield
    w/great weapon

Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch (to go with Chosen Warriors unit) @ 156
    w/shield
    w/great weapon

4 Chosen Knights of Tzeentch @ 200

11 Warriors of Tzeentch @ 203
    w/Standard Bearer
    w/Musician
    w/shield

1 Chariot of Tzeentch @ 140

12 Marauders @ 99
    w/Standard Bearer
    w/Musician
    w/shield
    w/light armor

5 Marauder Horsemen @81
    w/Musician
    w/flail

5 Chaos Furies @ 75

3 Screamers @ 99

---

11 power dice
    5 dispel dice
    6 spells total

22 points remaining

- Spell Familiar for Exalted?
    - Enchanted Shield for Aspiring Champion on foot?
    - Standard for Chosen Knight unit?
    - 3 additional Marauders?
    - free up 8 more points and add unit of 5 Warhounds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To have a Battle Standard, first you must make an Aspiring Champion into your Battle Standard Bearer (BS.

It's awesome that you've decided to use Tzeentch. I like your Exalted.

I'd try to give at least one of the units of Warriors shields. And I'd also bulk up one of the units of warriors. Maybe drop down the marauders (who, from their equipment, should be flankers) down to 10-12.

And just something to think about: Those chosen Knights are going to be attracting every big of firepower your opponent has. Might get panicked off the board before anything good happens. Maybe drop the chosen from them, and bulk up some of the warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 23 2004, 107
    To have a Battle Standard, first you must make an Aspiring Champion into your Battle Standard Bearer (BS.
    Thanks. I ordered the 6th edition rulebook, and that'll hopefully give me a better explanation of some of the rules than the rulebook I'm working with

It's awesome that you've decided to use Tzeentch.* I like your Exalted.
    The idea is to draw some early missile fire, leaving my other units unharmed. Am I correct in understanding that I do not have to reveal what magic items my Exalted is carrying until I want to use one of them? I would only need to reveal the Enchanted Shield when I make an armor save? And I would only need to reveal the Golden Eye when I want to make a Ward save after missing my regular armor save? Or do I have to reveal what magic items I'm using before the battle starts?

I'd try to give at least one of the units of Warriors shields.* And I'd also bulk up one of the units of warriors.* Maybe drop down the marauders (who, from their equipment, should be flankers) down to 10-12.
    I looked a bit more at the differences between the weapons. I've decided to equip the Marauders with great weapons instead of the flails. I don't like the 'last strike' aspect of the great weapons, but think they'll be of better use than the one-time us flails. I think I will indeed give one of the warrior units shields, though I can't seem to really find enough points to bulk them up.

And just something to think about:* Those chosen Knights are going to be attracting every big of firepower your opponent has.
    How much firepower should I count on for 1500 point armies? Will a unit of 5 Warhounds be enough to screen the Chosen Knights? Looking at the point cost, upgrading Knights to Chosen Knights seems to really be worth it.

Thanks for the advice. Right now, I'm thinking of dropping the standard bearers, at least until I get some more experience playing. I think I'll get more benefit from additional units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the edited list....

So, are we to understand that you're taking no command? That's not a good idea. I think your units are OK, just you didn't give anyone the proper command. IMO.

1. I don't know. At the Indy GTs, people know your list, so it doesn't matter (although they often forget what you have). But on that subject, you don't take both your 2+ armor save and your 3+ ward vs. missiles. You choose. Take your ward or your armor save, not both.

2. Warhounds are good. They're dirt cheap, so if they get slaughtered, big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 25 2004, 05:18
    For the edited list....

So, are we to understand that you're taking no command? That's not a good idea. I think your units are OK, just you didn't give anyone the proper command. IMO.
    I guess I'll have to just play some games to better understand the value of command models. Right now, I'm concerned more about being outnumbered and outranked, than about missing standard bearer. Thinking about removing one Marauder and one Marauder Horsemen unit, so that I can add some models to the Warrior units.

But on that subject, you don't take both your 2+ armor save and your 3+ ward vs. missiles. You choose. Take your ward or your armor save, not both.
    Is that just for ranged combat, or for melee combat too? (if I were to cast yellow fire, would my melee units have to choose between their armor save and the ward save that that spell provides?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. I can either use my armor save or my ward save against a given wound. Not both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 25 2004, 08:18
    Exactly. I can either use my armor save or my ward save against a given wound. Not both.
    [snapback]237353[/snapback]
    So, if I already have a high armor save, the ward save isn't all that useful? Is the only real benefit of a ward save that there are no possible (negative) modifiers? Like, if I get hit by a Strength 6 attack, my 3+ Ward Save saves me on a roll of 3, 4, 5 and 6, where an armor save of 3+ would only save me on (I think) a 5 or 6?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're getting it all wrong. If you're hit by a Strength 6 missile and have a 3+ armour save and a 3+ ward save, you have to roll a 6 to pass your armour save, if you dont pass your armour save, you get to make your ward save.
    So: you use both saves, not just one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WiCkEdRock@Oct 25 2004, 10:43
    You're getting it all wrong. If you're hit by a Strength 6 missile and have a 3+ armour save and a 3+ ward save, you have to roll a 6 to pass your armour save, if you dont pass your armour save, you get to make your ward save.
    So: you use both saves, not just one.
    [snapback]237443[/snapback]
    Would I have to roll a 6 for Ward Save? Or is that unaffected by the Strength of the attack?

(hopefully, the 6th edition rulebook will provide answers to questions like this )

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ward Saves are immune to strength modifiers. You can almost always take them, in some rare cases spells won't allow you to use them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast