What army do you prefer to face? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

What army do you prefer to face?

So I was wondering what army do you think is the most fun to face, Dark Elves or Ogre Kingdoms? I cant deside on what army to get and I want one thats not just fun to play but also fun for the opponent to face..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Orcs & Gobbos are THE funtastic army! You honestly never quite know what's going to happen each turn with them, and alot of their units have an 'off-the-wall-silly' feel to them. (like suicidal gobbos with homemade wings slingshoting themselves into the opposing army to see who can make the biggest 'splat'!)

If you can't have a laugh when playing as or facing O&G's, then you are most definately a sad, sad panda my friend.

Honestly, any army can be fun, even the ones you hear bemoaned as the 'cheesey-cheese-cheddarheads-of-super-cheeseyness'. (just don't load up on all the abusive crap!)

Best thing to do is to pick the army YOU think looks the most kick@$$ and you want to model/paint most! For example, if you think the hordes of cowardly, back-stabbing, scheming, 'Pinky and the Brain' mentality Skaven look the coolest and sound like the most fun to you, then start Skaven!
    Last edited by experiment 626; February 5th, 2012 at 23:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well, we have a Orcs & Goblins player already and Orcs & Goblins isent a choise. I want to know of the two armies I listed.. XD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

I suppose it would come down to your definition of fun, as either of those two armies can be built in such a way that they could be no fun at all to face.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Hahaha i have to agree with experiment even though he cheated!

I'm biased about the two choices to be honest and maybe im not the only one.
    i dread facing the Dark elves because they have some really scary stuff in their book and i hate to lose.
    Ogres allways look friggin impressive on the table and its pretty daunting to have to fight off so many ogre-infantry with their high movement.

i would never suggest someone to play Ogresthough. Not if he doesnt love the models.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well, My current army is Skaven and there is 4 other armies I realy like and want and they are Ogre Kingdoms, Dark Elves, Daemons of Chaos and Beastmen. Though I'm currently leaning towards Ogres or Dark Elves.. I always have huge trouble making up my mind... I lean a bit towards Ogres because they are the opposite of my Skaven when it comes to models.. But I still like the rest too..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'd prefer to face Elves. Only because I like punching the snobbish, stuck up androgynous freaks in the face with a good old spikey chaos fist.

Ogres know how to fight properly though (up close and personal with big weapons) so they're pretty fun too. I get less enjoyment out of killing them though as I always feel we should be joining forces to pound Elven faces

Play Chaos. Chaos is Great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I agree with Lord Borak about smashing in ponsey elf faces. Nothing gives me more pleasure than grinding my friends high elf army into dinner.

However, as that sake friend tells me, it can be very daunting going against Ogres, because unless you put something hard against them, they will chop and stomp through units all day long. And a chariot that is also a cannon is very scary.

So for me, dark elves are fun to beat, Ogres are fun to beat others with.
    And the ogre fluff, I love it. The only race to entirely eat another race completely.

Decide which models you like and go with them, since you can usually find a play style that you enjoy with any army.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Elves... Are interesting. S3,T3, not especially well armored, and yet they're so expensive that by model count, you might think they were warriors of chaos. Is high WS and I really worth so much? Apparently so, they hold their own against the field. As for me, I prefer playing against elves... But a pair of mortars may have something to do with that!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I suppose that what dark elves lack in S/T and armour, they make up with in hydras.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast