Knightly orders, lances or great weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knightly orders, lances or great weapons?

What do you think is better on your knightly orders, great weapons or lances? Also, how about putting those great weapons on something other than knights of the white wolf? I was thinking of converting some knights with greatswords for their great weapons, what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I like kotic with lances, myself. S4 is acceptable for general purposes, IMHO, and the S6 attacks on the charge are sometimes more effective than persistent S5. As for the greatswords conversion thing, I despise it because at least one arm will be in freaking shirt sleeves. Bad enough that greatswords are modeled with armor that's inconsistent with 'full plate,' but a knight with a 2+ save? He better not be showing much more than the whites of his eyes!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    I like kotic with lances, myself. S4 is acceptable for general purposes, IMHO, and the S6 attacks on the charge are sometimes more effective than persistent S5. As for the greatswords conversion thing, I despise it because at least one arm will be in freaking shirt sleeves. Bad enough that greatswords are modeled with armor that's inconsistent with 'full plate,' but a knight with a 2+ save? He better not be showing much more than the whites of his eyes!
    Right on, I agree with the ridiculous shirt sleeve business. I think if it's possible to do some kind of conversions that will leave the shirt sleeves out of the picture. Hopefully it can be done. Knights with huge swords would look cool I think, as long as they have no frilly sleeves The KOTIC with lances, and a S6 on the charge...I didn't even think of that. Good stuff Marne, good stuff.

Rep to you sir

+ Reply to Thread