Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Characters

Noble Cold One, heavy armor
    Crimson Death

Sorceress Level 2 upgrade
    Tome of Furion

Core Units

20 Dark Elf Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields

20 Corsairs
    Full Command

5 Dark Riders Repeater Crossbows 120

Special Units

5 Cold One Knights
    Full Command 190
    Total: 1,000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like a great list. There are only a few tweeks I would make to this.

- Your noble is very fragile. I think giving him a SDC and Enchanted Shield would be a great idea. Now he has a 0+ AS. I&#39;ve found that elves really need an awesome AS cause their always wounded on 2-3&#39;s. The Crimson Death is good, but give him a lance and its almost as good. The only difference will be if ur charged he doesnt have STR 6, but he will probably be alive cause the great save. If they have an ignore AS weapon ur just screwed anyway <_<

-The Sorc knowing an extra spell wont be that great considering you only have 4 PD. Darkstar Cloak is so much better. Now u can cast both spells every turn, especially cause the +1 cast. I would take Dark magic, and grab Chill Wind. Hopefully u&#39;ll get Black Horror, but I&#39;d settle for Doombolt anyday.

-The 2 big blocks of infantry is VERY NICE in 1000 points. The only thing I might change is just using 2 warrior units of 20. The corsairs are great, and the models are AWESOME, but you save alot of points. Only do this if you need points for Banner of Murder for the COK&#39;s.

-The Dark Riders are maybe the best fast cav in the game. Not point wise, that&#39;s Goblin Wolf Riders, but whatever. Give them a musician, it&#39;s a must.

-The Cold One Knights will do some damage, the only thing I dont like about them is the not so great movement. I play Bretonnia and High Elves so I&#39;m used to ALWWAYS getting the charge. Giving these guys Banner of Murder would be a great idea, giving them a chance to outcharge the mighty Brets.

Aweome list dude, good luck with this&#33;
    -My Warrior Priest will challenge your Chaos Lord
    -OK, my Chaos lord will slaughter you
    -My warrior priest with Van Hortsmen&#39;s Speculum will take his 7 Str 8 attacks. You die.
    -......What?
    -Take your model off the table, he&#39;s dead

The wonderful world of inexpensive druchii!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list, but here is my advice:

Give the noble SDC for sure. If you want, you can give him heart-stone of darkness in stead of the Crimson Death, and then give him lance and shield. That way, he will be far more likely to survive with a 1+/0+ AS and a 4+WS. And he&#39;ll still be S 6, on the charge atleast. But if you put him with the knights, you will break them on the charge probs anyway. If you are wondering how to find the points, cut the rxbs from the dark riders. That is an aditional 30 pts right there that will NOT help you. Give the DRs a musician though. If they get charged, you flee, than rally with the bonus from the musician. Then because they are fast cav, they can move again&#33;

Now about those COKs...hmmm. In 1,000 points, that unit is very risky. This is because it is very expensive, yet can get easily screwed if things go wrong. Also, in 1,000 pts, you can&#39;t take a highborn, meaning that the COKs will be going on Ld 9, not 10. Risky with their stupidity. For about the same ammount of points, you could take 2 RBTs. These things are very usful, and they will be able to take over the COK&#39;s task of dealing with the tough enemies. Of course, then you would have to mod ur noble to go on foot. You could just exchange the lance and shield for a great wpn. Or halberd if the striking last isn&#39;t your style. Or if you liked, you could exchange the knights for a war hydra. This model is not only very cool, but can be very frightening in 1,000 pts. OR, you could get another unit of infantry. 200 points is about right for a solid unit of warriors. Just play test all 4 options and see which one works best for you.

As for the sorc, you can do several different things with her. Definatly cut the tome. All though it will give you more options, you will not get off all 3 spells with just 4 dice. With dark magic, you should be able to get off both spells with 4. Which means that you could take scrolls, or the darkstar cloak, or you could be cool and take wand of the khaidron. The wand would be nice in that it gives you a lot more magic hitting power than you would normally have with just 1 mage.

Hope this has helped you some. Now go out and beat up some fools in the name of glorious Khaine for me, eh?
    <span style='color:red'>He is the forsaken. An error found in the world, and its weight resting on the shoulders of one being. Know must he walk in shadow, the dark rose.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

I like the units, they&#39;re fantastic for 1,000 pts.

I&#39;d only change the items on your heroes, dump the tome of furion and also the crimson blade, as I think that the seal of ghrond is points better spent, in addition to the dark star cloak, 4 power dice is nice for a l2 sorceress to play around with. If any points are left over, then definitely grab a SDC and cheap magic weapon, or go handweapon + shield to boost you AS if that&#39;s what you&#39;re after. :mellow:
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

+ Reply to Thread