Fantasy For The First Time - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right well i've been thinking of joining the fantasy world for some time now, but have been unable to choose an army, or motivate myself. but this year in my local game club therell be a larger focus on fantasy over 4ok. so i thought now would be a good time to start up an army. so yeah. chose lizardmen. cool models. love saurus. magic is devastating, but we only play 1500, so no slaan. which sucks, but means i focus more on saurus (which i like).

enough rambling, heres the list:

heroes

[169] saurus scar-veteran
    +light armour, shield
    +quetzl, sotek
    +sword of hornet
    +charm of the jaguar warrior

[148] saurus scar-veteran
    +light armour, great weapon
    +itzl, cold one
    +gleaming pendant of chotec

[130] skink priest- lvl 2
    +cloak of feathers

core

[254] 16 saurus warriors- spears
    +musician, standard bearer, champion

[222] 16 saurus warriors

[222] 16 saurus warriors

[70] 10 skink skirmishers- blowpipes, scout

[70] 10 skink skirmishers- javelins, shields, scout

special

[215] 5 saurus cavalry
    +sun standard of chotec

total: 1500

right so theres the list. what dyou think? figure my magic is weak, but with only skink priests that is expected. strong core of 48 saurus, and 5 saurus cavalry. with some ok characters to help out. as for tactics, i am completely clueless. was thinking of scouting the skinks out close, shoot em with blowpipes and stuff. then they charge em, i flee. by then saurus should be close, and charge.the one veteran with jaguar charm is just gonna run around helping where ever he is needed (and with a 9" movement he should be able to). lets see what else...

oh i was thinking of dropping the skinks actually, in favor of either 4 terradons or 2 salamanders. but i dunno.

currently in 4ok i play biel tan eldar and tau. you think i would be ok playing an army like this? or should i wait for the new release of brettonians? i love those pegasus knights... thats just cool. a whole unit of flying knights... woo!

up for discussion.... now!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well welcome to warhammer!

IMO warhammer is best played over 2000 points - no lords is just wrong.

Anyways keep the skinks. They screen the saurus. And those saurus will rip most armies apart. If after this little tourny you stay with warhammer - why dont you run your own tourny - Make it 2000 points and add a mighty steggedon to reinforce one flank - and maybe an old blood on carnosaur on the other. Or of course get a slaan. He wont protect the flank but will pretty much dominate the magic phase. You may have to drop some skinks though (oh no! :o )
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BtW i would'nt hold your breath for a disscusion. The fantasy board is a little - shall we say Inactive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh aight. Well at least i got a couple replies from you, right?

Yeah i like the skinks too. Poisoned attacks. Would you recommend javelin and shield or blowpipes? In that list i have it split evenly just for a bit of flexibility either way.

Yeah the 1500 doesnt seem too bad since i am just starting, although an Old Blood on Carnosaur is just sweeeeet. Dont know though, i might have to revamp the whole list to include a slaan and a few skink priests.

Have you seen those new Brettonian previews? Woo makes me want to wait and do them. Mostly cuz theyre very much like actual armies in medieval times.

Bah i love lizardmen too much to start with anything else. Thanks for the comments!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't 2000 points the standard for all WHFB battles?
    At least what we usually do...
    Oh yeah...
    Welcome to our humble page...

I'm very interested in getting some discussions running on this forum...
    I'm playing Beasts of Chaos...

Are you sure you wanna play Lizardmen?
    You should have a look at the other armies too... although I'm sure the new lizardmen are pretty cool too.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw, apparently fantasy games can go any size. Its just at 2000 you can have a lord, and lords make the armies more flavorful and powerful. We mostly play smaller games like that just cuz its a high school gaming club, so not all of us have the money to start huge armies. Sucks, but at the same time rules. Means you can have about 5 armies ready to play for pretty cheap.

And actually, no i am not completely sure about lizardmen. i was thinking of beasts of chaos, just for the dragon ogre shaggoth and trolls. And, of course, lots of gors and ungors.

i was also thinking of tomb kings, just cuz i love ushabti... but i dont really like everything else in the army. The rest is ok, but not my favorite. i also thought of skaven, just cuz of lots of cheap little rats running around. But in my army i really want some form of cavalry, so yeah. they were ruled out fast. Beasts of chaos is still an option cuz they have centigors, who are just cool. but saurus cavalry is cooler, so yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd stick with lizardmen - they can be nasty. BtW being a high school student is no excuse for not gettin a 2000 point army! im 13 on 5pound a week and i've managed 3000 points of dwarves (roughly)

My brother (11&#33 is collecting lizardmen and im dreading that slaan! Bah i can kill it, my dwarves have seen off the most terrifying monsters in the old world - im sure i can handle a frog

I'll post a litte army list soon in a differnt thread of its own. Maybe tommorow or tonight if i have time. See what you think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Spike_alike@Sep 18 2003, 20:19
    I'll post a litte army list soon in a differnt thread of its own. Maybe tommorow or tonight if i have time. See what you think!
    Maybe not - got half way through and cpu crashed. Cant be bothered to re-right <_<

Closed Thread