Info On Warhammer Fantasy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to play fantasy and i want to play as Dwarves (because dwarfs rock!&#33. Anyway is it hard, what are the phases, what should i buy first, and other info you have about fantasy that i should know.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The phases are Movement, Magic, Shhoting, Combat. It&#39;s a little more strategy based that 40k, you have to be able to keep a strong battleline or your screwed. Also the combat seems to last longer, and it depends on lots more that just how many you killed.

As to what to get first that would be the rules book (either booked set or on own), then read it and get to know the rules, then the Dwarf army book. You have to have 1 character (general) and 2 core. For these I would pick a dwarf character (any will do you him as thane), and 2 boxes of warriors. The warriors can be used either as crossbowmen or warriors with Hand Weapons and Shields or with Graet Weapons (2-handed). You get 16 in each box and can made a full command(Veteran, Standard Bearer and Musician), after these I would pad out your core choices then see what special takes your fancy ie Longbeards, Ironbreakers or Hammerers. Stick your general in this unit. Then I would suggest that you get a runesmith and a cannon, with this you should be able to fight a small battle (1000 and below) and get the feel for the army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh. Another Dwarf player. What a shame. You should have picked a good army

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That&#39;s not a comment I like to hear.
    I can&#39;t say that any army is "bad".

Anyway...
    To get the minimum you need at least one Hero choice and two core choices.
    The maximum for a standard army(2000points) is 1 lord choice, a total of 4(?) hero choices, a minimum of 2 core choices, a maximum of 3 special choices and one rare choice.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Dragonslayero what army(s) do you have? With a name like that I would have thought Dwarfs? Am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh. Another Dwarf player. What a shame. You should have picked a good army
    dude dwarves dont suck they rock because short ppl are cool anyway i got the the one hero choice and the two core choices.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don&#39;t &#39;rock&#39;. They are an alright army perhaps, but I would hardly say they rock. Seeing as how I&#39;m undefeated against them after over, say, 10 games with 4 different guys, I&#39;m not terribly impressed. Slow armies against a much faster army doesn&#39;t generally work in Fantasy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my dwarfs have a pretty good reputation. There pretty much feared (Well the cannons are )
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Yea i was thinking about branching out into WFB. At the moment the army that really sticks out for me is Lizardmen. I dont know anything about them really apart from their models (which i think rock). Any of you guys know how they handle themselves in battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen are one of the most well rounded armies in the game. They have great close combat abilities (Saurus in close combat are a match for any basic troop in the game), they&#39;re magic can match up to anyone&#39;s (I&#39;d put it on par with High Elf and Tzeentch Chaos magic if you take a Slann), and they have decent short range missle fire (Salamanders are good, but they used to be better&#33

They are a great army, one of the toughest for some armies to beat (Dark Elves have some serious problems against them).

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know about them

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast