New to warhammer fantasy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Michigan, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

New to warhammer fantasy

I have a couple questions as I have been an avid WH40K player for 4-5 years now. I am thinking about starting a WHF army and would like to know what a "good" starter army is. I am not interested in the bretonnians, or the dwarves. I have been looking at Tomb Kings (challenging I hear) and the Dark Elves (look really cool IMO). I wouldn't rule out Orcs/Goblins, and I could see myself playing Chaos (beastmen) also. Could you guys break down the pro's and con's of each of the armies listed? I have also listed specific questions about each army below:

Keep in mind, when I ask for "good" units I just need names and numbers, not explanations why. I can get the explanations from the rulebooks and forums. Short and sweet please!

[1] Tomb Kings - What are "good" units to get? (I have read they are hard to play, which actually attracts me to them)
    [2] Dark Elves - Are they out of print? I can't seem to find any "new" items on eBay. And, what are good units to get?
    [3] Out of TK, DE, Orcs, and Cbstmen, who would be the easiest "learner" army?

Thanks in advance everyone.

~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

2. Remove Advertisements

Melbourne, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

31 (x4)

All of the information that you need is here: (Warhammer Fantasy Army Selector)

If you want army specific info (very basic) follow the links at the bottom of the page.

Hope that this helps.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

dark elves and tomb kings are more advanced armies.
    beastmen are midway.

if you want cool models and a challenge when playing, look towards tomb kings, dark elves, high elves (hardly anybody i know can play them properly), peasent bretonnia (expensive due to amount of models).

+ Reply to Thread