Dark Elf Cavalry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

should i make an army of dark elf cavalry

Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure! Why not?

Dark Elf cavalry armies are actually pretty good- and even armies that aren't composed entirely of cavalry tend to contain a LOT of cavalry anyway.

The 2000 point list that I use for instance contains 3 units of 5 Dark Riders with musicians and repeater crossbows, a unit of 8 Cold One Knights, including a Higborn and with the Banner of Murder, and a Chariot.

That's.. let's see... carry the 1, multiply by 3... Over 1000 points of cavalry, plus a War Hydra if you want to count that. I've had GREAT success with this army, I've never lost to dwarfs (in a lot of games versus a lot of different players), I'm 5-0 against Skaven, even against Lizardmen, and still with winning records to pretty much anything. Dark Elf cavalry is great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you like cavalry (as so many do) and u want an army of them, y not take bretonnians? the rumours ive heard, including accounts from those who have read the new book, mean that are probably going to be really good

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Sound cool, I heard lot's of people have a good time and win quite a bit with High Elf versions. From what I know you would need them to charge, but pick easy targets or isolated units ie Vrs Empire the Detactments.

Cavaly's strength lie in the charge, coz you get the +2S from the lance, but in a prolonged combat it's back to the S3 and it's tougher to wound with that. Combine the charges with a chairot and you've got a good chance of breaking the enemy, also The Hydra Banner is a must for a unit of cold ones, and maybe the banner of dread and murder. Also the Standard of Slaughter and war banner could come in handy for that extra combat resolution.

For charcters if you want to munch through that unit a quickly as possible I would suggest a weapon that gives you extra attacks (Sword of battle or the Hydra Blade).

Arming dark riders with missile weapons will give you a small chance of thinning the ranks before charging. Aslo these small units can be useful in preventing march moves. Harpies will fit into the theme and will most likely to be able to take out some warmachines or harrass archers. Shades would also work they are scouts and they would be ahead of the army (errm... you know scouting).

If you are up for a converstion you could convert the repeater bolt thrower to look like it can be hitched to to horses and moved around that way (thus fitting in with your all cavarly army).

Anyways hoped I've helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, you dont' need that many banners to make your Cold One Knights effective. I've tried a few of the banners (my primary army is and always will be Dark Elves), and the one I've had the best results with is the Banner of Murder. It helps insure that you always have the charge, which usually is enough for the Cold One Knights to break your opponent (through fear, if need be).

Closed Thread