High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elves

I've got 12 silver helms, and a unit of archers, 2 bolt thorwers and 2 chariots. I guess I need some spearmen. But what else? Any ideas anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions...

It seems pretty fast army already....
    What you should get next depends on what your army to be based around
    1) Shooty- Therefore more archers, bolt throwers etc, with some spearmen to form solid bases/core
    2) Assualt- Get some of those really cool special units (the assult type, the name eludes me now), backed up by some shock calvarly
    3) MAgic-Get 1 lvl4 magic user and 2* level 2 magic users to barrage ur enemies

Overall however, u should get at least one unit of spearmen, as they form the core of a high elf army, anyway spears rule!!!
    hope that helps
    bye for now...
    Come into our musty tombs @khemri.co.uk

(600+ members and growing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just began with a HE army myself, have 7,5 Silver helms (one horse got smashed in my school bag ;(), 12 swordmasters, 1 great eagle with archmage, 1 other mages, 1 mage on horse, 12 spearmen, 1 repeater thrower...

I heard they are very good in magic, have access to it all, so why not think about buying a magician? it's a must!

Also, an hero or two might be nice, especially the Eltharion, I'm thinking about him... stats listed in the demonhunters WD, the one with the DH frontpage.

anyway.. I would suggest a mixing of everything, just to irritate ur foes on what to hit.. ;p Since their horses can move 18 or something in assault, they're awesome..

u play HE too dorn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool,
    i just started HE's bout 2 weeks ago!

so far all i've got is 8 silver helms and Telcis (who i intend to use as a mage)
    having just played that Aulio (sp) Patrol mission, using Smurfs instead (well, to see how units im thinking about buying actrully do on the battle field)

ive decided that i think i'll defently have to get at least some archers, a HE hero on horse back, and defently some pheonix guard!

and just to let you guys know,
    pretty soon they're gonna come out with a bunch of metal regiment sets. (including pheonix guard )

http://us.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...13&database=467

only problem is thats for the US,
    but if i wait awhile they'll probably release them in Aus too.

the other day i asked a GW employee about them, he had know idea what i was on about...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cragg, looks like you have a great start there. I'd add a unit of spearmen and a unit of swordmasters. I'd also use dorn's suggested level four and two level two mages, elf magic is sweet. In lieu of the level four, you may want to get a lord on dragon for high points games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more spearmen
    my army has no archers, only spearmen. i hate archers but will soon have to buy som : [

dont get a lord on dragon, its so uselss imo, the more men the better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thought...Lothern seaguard are very useful as they can act as fire support up until you need them in close combat. They're a little more points but IMO the versatility is well worth the points premium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, a friend suggested me not to use heroes... What do you guys think?

He said heroes are just a waste of points and useless, since they can't intend to gain the points he's worth, and not even when he DOES comes into battle, he can do a thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go without heroes (especially mages), you're going to have problems against magic-heavy armies. I have 12 power dice at 1500 points in my chaos army (Tzeentch rules&#33...you need some dispel power so I don't turn all your archers and spearmen into horrors, and magic missile the survivors to death! Besides, you have to take a general and his leadership bonus is worth his points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Digimon@Apr 10 2003, 06:14
    Well, a friend suggested me not to use heroes... What do you guys think?

He said heroes are just a waste of points and useless, since they can't intend to gain the points he's worth, and not even when he DOES comes into battle, he can do a thing...
    lol... i think that guy knows what's best for him...HE heroes can be very, very painful when equipped the right way. try giving your commander a barded steed, heavy armour, helm of fortune and enchanted shield. this effectively gives him a 0+ AS which can be rerolled.

what you do need to buy is a unit of, optimally, 20 swordmasters. a big block of spearmen is always nice too, they're the most expendable unit you have as an elf.

ellyrian reavers are always very handy, take six of them with both bows and spears and get em to harass the enemy's flank with arrows.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast