2000 Point Vampire Counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear... no autobreaking.

These guys are all VC by the way, and rules clarifications say that the Staff of Damnation only affects your own units... so....

Vampire Count - Level 2 Wizard, Additional Hand Weapon, Aura of Dark Majesty, Staff of Damnation, Ring of the Night - 335

Vampire Thrall - Additional Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Summon Wolves - 113

Necromancer - Level 2 - 2x Dispel Scrolls - 150

Necromancer - Level 2 - 1x Dispel Scroll, book of Arkhan - 150

35 Zombies - Musician & Standard - 225
    35 Zombies - Musician & Standard - 225
    19 Skeletons - Full Command , Spears - 195
    12 Ghouls - 96
    9 Dire Wolves - 90
    9 Dire Wolves - 90

4 Fell Bats - 80
    Spirit Host - 2 Bases - 130
    16 Black Knights - Barded Steeds, Standard Bearer (Doom Banner) Champion - 432

Black Coach - 200

2503pts

Normally I'd not take the coach and have a banshee or two and some juicier bits and pieces, but this is for a game against Tomb Kings......

*crosses fingers*

What say you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Counts pretty good, but for the thrall why summon wolves? you have to get a 5-6 for the unit to be able to negate rank bonus. Why not a magic weapon like Sword of unholy power, then you get more magic dice per turn. Or something else like Rod of Flaming Death. And you have enough dispel dice, drop the scroll on the one with the book and give him a spell familiar.

The dire wolves why 9? drop the Black Knights to 12 add Musician, then add extra wolf to dire's and maybe a doom wolf. Then beef up skelies with points left over.

Anyway that's my thoughts, hope I've helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

give the thrall tomb blade
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unit strength of 5 will negate rank bonus, so three wolves would do it(2 each), but they're to scare the opponent into keeping something back to stop then running amok in his war machines - it's more of a threat than a definite attacking unit.

The Tomb Blade is good but it never does the job for me, whenever I've equipped folks with it even back when Undead were proper Undead and you could have a unit of wraiths and zombies didn't come in plastic form the Tomb Blade simply caused me to roll a cascade of 1s to hit.

Basically at present I only have 18 Dire Wolves, so I split them into two units of 9, they can take 6 casualties and still negate rank bonus so that's nice.

I will think about droping the number of Knights though, never bother giving them a musician but I suppose in a game like this they may end up needing it (I wont be able to have their usual smashing charge) - also I'm worried by all the incantations, smiting being my main concern, and also I know my opponent will be taking the Casket of souls so I like having that extra scroll (everyone has two...) just in case.... then again... if i'm not in combat by turn 3 things must be grim...

I'll consider that now too.

Hmmm, what would actually happen when you hit a skeleton warrior with the tomb blade if the Vamp was in the middle of a bunch of Zombies? Would it immediately regrow some flesh to turn into one? Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you shouldn't be afraid of Cascet if you're playing Vampire Counts.

Closed Thread