1000pts High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, this is just a 1000pt army I put up a few days ago. Havent tried it yet, tho:

- Commander:
    Pure of Heart, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sword of Might, Talisman of
    Saphery, Steed, Barding, Lance,
    - 155pts

- Mage:
    Channeler Honour, Jewel of the Dusk,
    - 120pts

- 2x8 Silver Helms (2SBearers, 2Champions):
    Shields, Heavy Armour, 1 Warbanner
    - 450pts

- 13 Spearmen with SBearer & Musician
    - 155pts

- 10 Archers
    - 120pts

Total: 1000pts

Point of this is pretty obvious: Charge and break with Silver Helms, soak up nessecary charges with Spearmen, and Shoot down elusive small units with Archers, as well as weakening units before a charge.

The Commander will ride with the Warbanner SH unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks good to me. Only three criticisms:
    1. No magical weaponry (Swordmaster does not count as a magical weapon) so if you end up facing Ethereals you could be in a bit of trouble
    2. Small unit sizes, so you will often be outnumbered - if you fight Fear causing troops you'll probably end up running so make sure you get those flank charges in!
    3. Magic. You have none of it and so enemy magic could take advantage of your minimal dispel dice. If you are not going to be fighting a magic-heavy army then no problem, but it's something to consider.

Also,
    You do know that the Great Weapon with Swordmaster is free? Haven't checked the points but you might be a bit over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know the Swordmaster Honour grants a free Greatsword. This army is meant vs Dark Elves (might get a Standard of Balance for the SH unit), and Brettonia. The people I play dont field much/any magic, so I think I am safe there. Im sorry I didnt say this in my original post =) . Didnt think of it, really.

Thanks for the comment tho.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hey slai nice army but the Swordmaster honour has been re done in one of the chronicles. It can only be used on foot now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think we play with the chronicle rules (at least they havent told me O_o), but I was thinking of dropping the whole Swordmaster Honour anyways. Perhaps give him a Sword of Might, and Talisman of Saphery. Or something of the sorts. 2+ Strength is nice for elves, but 40 pts are alot. Especially if its just for infantry.

OK, I altered the list abit. I think this would stand up pretty nice to whatever it may face. I might be wrong tho =/ . Havent tried it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hey Slai, your mage can't have both Jewel Of The Dusk and Silver Wand because they are both Arcane Items, you can only have one of these unless it's a dispel scroll or power stones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arg. You are right. Moved the Silver Wand and stuck another Spearman in there. Thanks for the notice.

Any more thoughts? This might be a tournament army, so I sort of have to get it as good as possible =/ .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you should take more spearmen, i like lots of core units, and taking more spearmen is always an anwser. i think mabye you should lower your points on your mages to add more spearmen or archers, or both
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

He won't take any more infantry, Slai's more a cav man than infantry. Also Slai I just noticed that your commander has the Enchanted Shield, Sword Of Might and Talisman Of Saphery this makes him illigal he has to many pts of magic items =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you thought of dumping the spearmen entirely and taking an RBT and more 'helms? this combo works well for me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast