Another 1000pts High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mage: 2 Disp Scrolls
    Lore of Heavens
    Pts Cost: 135pts

2x5 Silver Helms w Champs
    Pts Cost: 109*2=218pts

8 Silver Helms:
    Full Armour, Banner, Champion, War Banner
    Pts Cost: 232pts

5 Dragon Princes, Banner, Champion:
    Banner of Ellyrion
    Pts Cost: 181pts

Great Eagle:
    Pts Cost: 50pts

5 Reavers with Musician
    Pts Cost: 97 pts

Tiranoc Chariot:
    Point Cost: 85 pts

Total: 998 pts

For use in tournaments. Any thoughts?

I use lore of Heaven to be sure to get Second Sign, which I would love with the chariot and such =) .

No matter what race you are, just try to give me as much help as possible =P .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Nice list, but will be out-numbered and lose quickly in a prolonged combat. The eagle and reavers are to harass war machines/lone heros etc I take it? The reavers could also worry your opponents into thinking about flank charges.

Just make sure that you charge, and if you can get the chariot into the flanks. But your right about nobody falling for the lure trap, but still some might so try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noone falls for the Reaver lure, but a lure with some SH might just do the trick. Abit risky, of course, but it might be worth it.

The Reavers are for harassment and for negating march moves for the enemy, and also for threathening flank charges. The Great Eagle will kill off warmachines (pri 1), then harass/stop march moves, also it is a force to be reckoned with in HTH, so it should be a concern for most players. In addition, a monster such as the Great Eagle might freak some opponents out and they just might make a stupid desicion.

There is no point in getting the Chariot in the flank of a charge, as it doesnt negate rank bonus (too low unit strength).

One thing to worry about is herding the enemy flees where you want them. Lure them in the position you want, then charge, and make sure the big SH reg is charging the same way you want the recipients of said charge to run, thus herding them where you want them.

I think it has flaws, of course. Vs terror/fearcausing units I have no defense, neither against unbreakable armies.

Do give tips people. It will help me alot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another thing you need to think about for this army is the damage a magic / shooting heavy army could do, and with units so small you will be cut down easily (is the immune to panic special rule only against dark elves) if not they will be running quicker than there elven steeds can carry them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about this: 2 dispel scrolls and 3 dispel dice will probably get me through the first 2 rounds relatively unharmed. After round 2, I am in combat.

For a shooty army, I have armour up the wazoo on the big SH unit and the DP unit. And the shooty units of the enemy will have the Reavers and the Eagle to eatch out for. Warmachines are threathened by the Eagle and also any archers will be deprived of their shooting when engaged in CC. And again, its only 2 rounds, then I will be in CC, most likely.

The HE arent immune to panic against any other than DE.

Closed Thread