3000pts High Elves Vs Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince
    Bow of the Seafarer, Shadow Armour, Enchanted Shield, Greatweapon
    - 226 pts

Archmage
    Level 4, Lore of Fire, Seer Honour, Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll, Jewel of the Dusk,
    - 330 pts

Hero on Steed
    Reaver Bow, HeavyArmour, Shield, Barding
    - 133 pts

Mage
    Level 1, Lore of Heavens, 2 Dispel Scrolls, Pure of Heart Honour, Silver Wand
    - 145 pts

20 Spearmen
    Champion, SBearer, Musician
    - 250 pts

20 Spearmen
    Champion, SBearer, Musician, Warbanner
    - 270 pts

11 Archers
    - 132 pts

11 Archers
    - 132 pts

11 Archers
    - 132 pts

5 Silver Helms
    HArmour, Shields, Champ

5 Silver Helms
    HArmour, Shields, Champ

5 Reavers
    Musician, Spears/Bows

10 Dragon Princes
    Champion, Musician, SBearer, Banner of Sourcery
    - 355 pts

Chariot
    - 85 pts

Chariot
    - 85 pts

3 RBT
    - 300 pts

Great Eagle
    - 50 pts

Total: 3005 pts

Plan: Shoot down all cavalry models, primarily his 10+ models strong Cold One Knights regiment, and all chariots/DarkRiders/Hydra. The Prince will be sniping at the Cold One Knights from some position or other, and the Hero with the Reaver Bow will also be fireing. The magic phase will be all about the cavalry as well, trying to get them away and to panic and run.

After the cav are gone, my cav will have a nice day picking out charges they like. The Eagle is for taking warmachines or alternatively holding up the Dragon/attracting enemy RBT fire.

If he has this dragon (which i fear that he has), then all I can do Is get him killed ASAP. After the cavalry, of course. I wanted some Shadow Warriors as well, but the Lord will have to do. I think I might rule in the magic phase, though I am not certain.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Not bad list, but your Archmage is illegal A character can only carry one arcane item, he has three! (Well four but scroll doesn't count) I would give him Seer, Jewel Of The Dusk, Ring Of Fury (or corin) and then ?? I'm not sure what else.

The prince and hero on steed I like, with the prince get a flank of his COK then fire his bow But altogether nice choice.

I see you've taken some infantry, good (and full command, this I like ). And lots of archers. Just hope you get COAA , but if he has harpies shoot them first, then the dark riders, then whatever takes your fancy.

With the SH I would give them a standard, the +1 CR can really help break your opponent. The DPs and Reavers, well you know how to use them so.. but I like the banner of sorcery.

As for the bolt throwers 3! If he does have a dragon make sure these fire at him first D3 wounds should bring it down quickly.

He might have a dragon, so therefore I added the Hero with the Blade of Leaping Gold to challenge him.
    Where?

Good list and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe

Yeah I changed the archmage =P . Edited the list.

Im not opting for COAA, by the way, as you might notice in my list, I use Lore of Fire and Lore of Heavens for my two mages =) .

I dont need, and cant afford, the standards for the Silver Helms. They will be taking on such units as DarkRiders, archers, and small infantry in conjunction with DP/Chariots, or offering support to the Spearmen. This will make sure there is always one banner in each fight, or the SH will almost guaranteed win the combat.

The RBTs, Prince, Hero, and Archers (as well as every other missile in my army) will be directed at his Cold One Knights until they pose no threath.

As for the Dragonslayer Hero I opted against him at the last minute, and made the lvl1 scroll caddie instead, since that hero had no business being there. Way to useless.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I like the archmage, much better. It's a pity that you can't take more than one arcane item, you had a good combo. And I miss-read the lores that you were going to use :huh:

Ok, I didn't realise that's what you where gonna do with the SH, good idea. He's going to hate you after you fire everything at that COK unit, hehe, good go for it.

Yeah, you said on chat about the hero, much better with the scroll caddy. Any idea on what's he bringing?

Nice changes and good army, hope you win. Go give the Druchii hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just like to state, for the record, that this army blew away a 10 strong CoK regiment in the first turn, and the results of the game were:

Dark Elves: 652 VP
    High Elves: 2372 VP

Medium Massacre for the High Elves =P

Closed Thread