High Elf 2500 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Dragon King, Tathar Elessar( prince) 239 pts
    Dragon Armour, Barded Elven Steed
    Dragon's Fang - Sword Of Might
    Dragon Crown - Vambraces of Defence
    Enchanted Shield

Captain Celahir Calafar, Of the Sea Guard (commander) 120 pts
    Spear, Sword, Heavy Armour, Shield
    Bow of the Kraken - Reaver Bow

Captain Amras Miriel, of the Swordmasters (commander) 114ptsGreat sword, hand weapon, Heavy Armour
    Swordmaster Honour

Elros Tasardur (mage) 192 pts
    Hand Weapon, Barded Elven Steed
    Seer Honour, Jewel Of The Dusk, Level two upgrade

Maeglin Linwelin (mage) 145 pts
    Hand Weapon
    Dispel Scroll (x2), Silver Wand

20 Spearmen 250 pts
    Spear, Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield
    conatins full command

10 Archers 120 pts
    Hand Weapon, Longbow

15 Sea Guard 275 pts
    Hand Weapon, Spear, Bow, Light Armour, Shield
    contains full command

7 Dragon Guards (Dragon Princes Of Caledor) 247 pts
    Hand Weapon, Lance, Dragon Armour, Shield, Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed
    contains full command - War Banner

15 Swordmasters Of Hoeth 275 pts
    Great Sword, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour
    conatins full command - Banner Of Sorcery

8 Shadow Warriors 134 pts
    Hand Weapon, Longbow, Light Armour
    conatins Shadow-Walker

1 Tiranoc Chariot 85 pts
    Crew have Hand Weapons, Spears & Bows
    pulled by two Elven Steeds

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200 pts
    Crew have Hand Weapons

2 Great Eagles 100 pts
    Claws (Hand Weapon)

Total = 2496 Pts
    Dragon King leads Dragon Guard

Captain Celahir leads Sea Guard

Captain Amras leads Swordmasters

Maeglin is in Swordmasters

This list isn't definate, so any suggestions might get put in it. And before anyone says anything about the sea guard, read my fluff first then you'll know why. I don't have a specific lore I'll use except one will use High Magic, the other will depend on the opponent. So what do you think? Any constructive critisim welcome. Thanks for you're time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think you should have 10 Lother Seaguard if you absolutely must insist on using such a ridicolous troop.

Give your Dragon Lord a lance for the charge. +2S is better than +1S. And you might get a different sword for him (such as Biting Blade or something, to give your Swordmaster guy a better save)

Id say drop the Swordmaster Honour for your Hero, and rather give him Sword of Might and Armour of the Gods. He will be just the same, but without the killing blow, and with a better save.

Please explain your tactics? What will the swordmasters do? What will the Dragon Princes do? What are their roles in the game?

Id squeeze in another Chariot, but thats just me =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Slai, your right I must include the Sea Guard but I don't really like 10 man units. They're much to easy to break, and you don't get much of a bonus in combat.

I'm not sure on the lance, I might but I'm going to keep the sword of might. Elves aren't exactly the strongest race and I need the S, also I get the same armour mod as Biting blade but with +1S. I'm not really to bothered about the save, I want him to seem like he belongs there, so the swordmaster honour makes him the capain because he's the best swordman of the unit.

On my tactics I'm not entirely sure, but I do know I'll keep the DPs and chariot together, whilest marching the SMs and Spearmen up the centre. The sea guard will most probablr lag back to protect the archers vs flyers etc. They will help shoot at them and if need be charge them.

Other than that I'm not sure, as I've told you before I'm still new the HEs and so just learning. BTW any idea on how this army would do against Skaven?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me: get the lance for the captain. Use lance for first charge, then use Sword of Might for subsequent rounds. Its just 6 pts for +2S on charge.

I was thinking 10man LSG would be enough. You get that crap unit in there, but you save loads of pts which could be spent om something thats actually useful.

If you are up against the skaven, get as much dragon armour as you can, because of warpfire.

And Id rather stick the bowhero with the archers or as an indepentant character, to maximize his shooting. In HTH he will break with the Guard (and they will break if they are charged with cavalry and such), and get run down.

Post more later, got to go =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

I was thinking of making the SG captain independant, but he's capatin of the sea guard and he would be best with the unit. But I was considering having him move between units to lend his support here needed.

As for them breaking ok yes they will, but they should be able to handle flyers etc (well except a dragon or monster like that), and I should hopefully be able to stop cav charging back there. If they do I've don't something wrong and probably going to loose.

As for 10 they might be enought but I'll try 15 then if they don't perform to my liking I might knock them down to 10, but I won't take them out they fit my fluff (also no-one uses them, so I want to be different).

Suppose I could give the prince a lance, but I'll have to model it on him though.

What do you think I should get to make it 3000pts? I was thinking more SMs and a SH unit or two and maybe another chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I advise on another Chariot? I just love chariots =) .

Well, lets hope it works out well. For the flyers: A unit of archers will do the same damage, as they shoot more arrows than your LSG unit. But hey, go for it =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Yeah I was thinking about another chariot, and maybe SH? What do you think?

And yes when I get all the army and painted it, I will give it a go. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silver Helms are nice. Low cost, etc. Dont pay the extra pts for the armour if you dont think they will need it. Be sure to have a plan and follow it through. Make each unit do something you need it to do, dont have anything just hanging around waiting for some action. Be agressive, as well. Take control of the game and dont play the role of your opponents puppet, reacting to what he does.

That goes for your deployment as well: decide how to set up according to your units' mission. And stick to it. That generally seems like the way to go. Dont mirror his deployment, but rather set up in such a way that HE has to react to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Hey thanks, I'll try to remember that. Any other tips vs Skaven?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, for skaven I would really just go missile heavy with huge blocks of spearmen and silverhelms for charging in the attacking units flank (negates rank bonus/Ld for skaven). This will make them flee. Get RBTs and archers to slaughter Skaven in the dozens.

Spells which have "D6 S3 hits per model in unit" or such is great, since you will have 24 hits on a unit 24 strong. This spells DOOM for huge blocks of low-T rats.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast