3000 Pt Blood Dragons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

433 Blood Dragon vampire lord- level 3 wizard, blood drinker, ring of the night, black periapt, shield, general

340 Blood Dragon Vampire Count- Kain level 2 wizard frost blade

118 wight lord- rod of flaming death, halberd, heavy armor

140 wraith- great weapon, cursed book

138 Blood dragon vampire thrall- heavy armour, 2 hand weapons, masterstrike, heart piercing

135 necromancer- tomb blade level 2 wizard

300 Skeletons 27 handweapon/shield lt armor captain musician standard

330 Skeletons 27 spear/shield lt armor captain musician standard

210 19 direwolves 1 doom wolf

170 19 ghouls 1 ghast

495 27 grave quard 1 cryptkeeper 1 musician 1 standard heavy armor halberds banner of the barrows

200 black coach

90 banshee

total: 2999

Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

433 Blood Dragon vampire lord- level 3 wizard, blood drinker, ring of the night, black periapt, shield, general

Right first why no bloodline powers? The lord is the best fighter, so I would give him powers that show this. I would give him Master Strike and Heart Pirecing, these will make him better in combat. So drop the Black Periapt and Blood Drinker, if you want to give him a magic sword give hm something like Sword of unholy power or the Tomb blade. This will either increase the number of skellies in his unit or give you more dice to cast more spells with.

340 Blood Dragon Vampire Count- Kain level 2 wizard frost blade

Again powerful character, why such a weapon? Drop it and give him a couple of bloodline powers and if you think you need a magic weapon why not something cheap like Black Axe Of Krell or Sword of might?

118 wight lord- rod of flaming death, halberd, heavy armor

Now this is just wrong. A wight lord should always be given Sword Of Kings and put in a wight unit with banner of the barrows.

140 wraith- great weapon, cursed book

This I like, good choice.

138 Blood dragon vampire thrall- heavy armour, 2 hand weapons, masterstrike, heart piercing

Three vampires? If anything I would drop the Count, other than that good choice.

135 necromancer- tomb blade level 2 wizard

Now as your playing a BD army you will get less power dice, so to compensate you need more necromancers. Give them things that improve their casting abilities or casts free spells (eg Staff Of Damnation). Also make sure you have at least one dispel scroll, and upgrade your necro's to next level. I would never give a necromancer a magic blade as you want to keep him out of combat as much as possible.

300 Skeletons 27 handweapon/shield lt armor captain musician standard

Good large unit, just like's needed. Just make sure you have lots of spare skellies handy as you should aim to raise more during the game. Also to make the unit fit more with the BD fluff give them Light Armour.

330 Skeletons 27 spear/shield lt armor captain musician standard

Same as above.

Nice choice, but just beware that if they are to take on war machines they will probably be out of generals LD and no march moves. Also I would cut the unit down to 10 or 8 and use the pts somewhere else.

See above.

170 19 ghouls 1 ghast

Good unit, but a bit large you could get two units of 10 which might be better. Try to keep these out of sight as they will go down easy, and use them to attack war machines, lone small units and lone characters (like a mage). But beware these are alive and so can flee etc.

495 27 grave quard 1 cryptkeeper 1 musician 1 standard heavy armor halberds banner of the barrows

Great choice, I like the look of these guys. And good to see you have the right banner I would put the Wight Lord in here to make them even better.

200 black coach

Another good choice, but beware of high S units and war machines, otherwise it's matchwood.

90 banshee

Not much to say but good, go for the lowest LD unit for almost gauranteed kills.

I hope I've helped. These are just my thoughts, but ultimately it's only you can make the choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god...

Ok i think you are all set with magic, even if they are blood dragons, but give your necromancer some equipment, like something for saving power dice. and up his level.

also i think you should include some black nights. even if you could get two small units, stick a vampire in each and annihilate whatever remotely resembles something in your way.

Look out for war machines they are one of the few things that can threaten a black coach.

your units of dire wolves are really big, you might want to break them down into smaller units to keep them manuverable.

I dont actualy play vamp counts but if i did this is close to what i would take. I like it. :w

Closed Thread