Mongolian Ogre Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read in some unreliable website that there will be an oriental ogre army in the same vein as the kislevites and the slayers. Is there any validity to this? Will they resemble the hobgoblin dogs of war? I have this funny picture in my head of Ogres with slanted eyes and with thin fu manchus on huge lumpy bodies.

“Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

There is going to be an all ogre army, with it's onw army book. They are going to call it "Ogre Kingdoms", but I'm not sure on where they will come from. I believe that they will be from troll country or from the east but I'm not sure. But from what I've heard they will be heavyly armoured. I'll try to find out more if I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the Ogre kingdom models are mongolian looking with fu-man chu's and the whole nine yards.

their are some pictures of the models on portent some where.

so far the list includes:

Ogres with a mongolian feel

some ogres with cannons wielded two handed mentioned but i dunno

Ogres have slave goblinoids called koblars (sp?) they are smaller then goblins.

Also the ogre kingdoms will have yeti's, which are some form of deformed or inferior ogre, but the concept art looked cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is already a Mongolian Based army.
    I will grant that it dosn't have a rulebook but read through the Main Rulebook and in the section describing the silk-road (( an obvious copy from history )) there is someone called Hob (( something )) Khan who is basicly an Old World version of Ghengis Khan or even maybe Kubla Khan.

Yes a Mongolian army would be good. Lots of Horse archers but you would need a big board to use fast cavalry archers well and warhammer boards aren't big enough for all the manovering of firing then running to whittle down the enemy.

Yours Sincerely Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the khan you refer to is a regiment of reknown. I agree mounted archers would be a good mongol army but this isnt that.

They are big beefy fat ogres with fu-man chu's and mongolian garb. ogre kingdoms is the land between the old world and kathy. Rumor says that after ogre kingdoms, then wood elves and chaos dwarves they are looking to d a kathay army, which will be some form of Nippon, Japanese, Samurai army. BUT THAT, is just a huge rumor, and woundlt be even thought of till 2005, but one i like to hope comes to pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the khan you refer to is a regiment of reknown. I agree mounted archers would be a good mongol army but this isnt that.

They are big beefy fat ogres with fu-man chu's and mongolian garb. ogre kingdoms is the land between the old world and kathy. Rumor says that after ogre kingdoms, then wood elves and chaos dwarves they are looking to d a kathay army, which will be some form of Nippon, Japanese, Samurai army. BUT THAT, is just a huge rumor, and woundlt be even thought of till 2005, but one i like to hope comes to pass.

Cathay? the place at the end of the silk road? sorry my book isn't handy and I keep thiking of the old real silk road.

If it is they have thousands of troops when reading about them I thought they may be the one empire that can stop Choas...for awhile.
    But yes this is an interesting topic.
    Yes but the Mongolians are nomads that are known for there horse archers...
    Yes I can see though how an Ogre may have trouble riding a horse. It sounds like a good army though it must have some weakness all suffer from stupidity?
    Yours sincerely Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is the picture with the new ogre model, as well as the new chaos warriros for storm of chaos.

http://www.blackorc.com/member_images/Warh...0New%20Stuf.jpg

i agree, it should be an interesting army, Im curious how it will work being made up entirely of ogres who will likely cost at least 30-40 pts a piece. Not many models to field that way, except their sissy goblin slaves who better hae some cool special rules to be worth anything.

ogres wouldnt suffer from stupidity, at least the ogres we have now dont, trolls are maybe what your thinking of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I mean tone them down by making them stupid this way they could cost less points.
    Also the points will be a problem maybe they will be toned down or maybe a sub-species of Ogre that is weaker but costs less?
    There HQ should have awesome toughness,strengh and attacks although the rest will be rubbish I think.
    There Rare units will probably be something that can fire.
    There Special probably some type of powerful Ogres.

Yours sincerely Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe the "horsemen" of the army will be Hobgobla-Khan and his wolfriders from the Regiments of Renown.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ogres will not suffer from Stupidity, other than that I can't say much.

Remember that while they have a mongolian look to them and an overall mongoloian feel, they are not Mongols. Do not expect any horse archers.

This is a new army to fill the void between Cathay and the lands of the Chaos Dwarfs. It is located to the south of the Hobgoblin Empire (mentioned in fluff but never realised as anything other than a Regiment of Renown.

Chaos Dwarfs are hot on their heels and will fit into the "insert name" of Chaos lists and so will be able to team up with Hordes and Beasts. They are returning to their old feel, losing the hats, losing the Orc slaves, but keeping the Hobgobins and adding oddles more war machines. Should be good.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast