High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince
    Sword master
    Armour of the Gods
    (with swordmasters)

Mage
    lv.2
    barded horse
    silver wand
    channeler
    seer

20 Spearmen
    command

7 Silver Helms
    hv armour
    shields
    command

8 Dragon Princes
    command
    Drakemaster has Sword of Might
    banner of sourcery

20 Sword masters
    command

20 Phoenix Guard
    command

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower
    :w

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your not allowed to post points because it's against copyright.

My advice would be too drop a unit of Silver Helms and have more Pheonix guard.
    Cos they cause fear they can be very effective.

ok? the army looks good though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops, thanks for telling me

I like phoenix guard to, but the silver helms are to draw fire away from them. Ill try it out though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok.

Pheonix guard porbably won't be the main target it will probably be the Dragon Princes.

Escpecially if you drop a Mage and have a Noble instead that way you will have an all round army with magic and a combat leader to support your combat troops.
    It's just an idea though just go with what you like, if you like magic alot then keep the mages.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

You can post points just not the cost for individual items or units etc.

Ok lets take a look, first off your mage's are illegal. You are only allowed one arcane item unless it's scrolls etc. So make one a scroll caddy (two dipel scrolls), and give the other seer and silver wand or Jewel of the Dusk.

I would increase the cav units to eight, and drop the Phoenix Guard. The PG are good fluff wise but in game terms, they're not that good. You would be better off with a unit of archers or spearmen. The PG could be good they have the potentional but their fear just doesn't cut it for me. Then again I suppose it's a matter of taste.

Also if your going to take a mage or two I would suggest you give either the Dragon Princes or Swordmasters the Bannerof Sorcery. Also give one of your cav units the War banner, being as they will be charging it will be a big help in breaking the units in the first turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks good but trust me (from a magic guru), to give your mages seer instead of the other stuff. Then you can pick vauls unmaking, which is awesome if youre playing someone with a cursed book, and any other magic items. Or then again you could give them silver wand and ring of corin...So many possibilities. It was a good idea to make the swordmasters a large regiment, cause theyll be fired on like mad, not your dragon princes. :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I find because when Dragon Princes charge they can be effective and most people I know put there Generals in them so they completely decimate units when they have a hard general in. Most people actually do fire at them with artillery and handguns and such because they can be good in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, i dropped the illegal mage and a unit of silver helms to add a commander, 5 more phoenix guard, and a couple more Silver helms and Dragon Princes. the comander goes with the dragon princes. I disagree about the phoenix guard though. While they are expensive they are stronger than a lot of high elf troops because of their halberds and their WS is good to. I can only have 1 unit of swordmasters so phoenix guard are the next best thing. i may be crazy but they work for me.

Im not a big fan spearmen or archers because i like to play very offensivley, archers are good but longbows dont pack enough punch for me.

Thanks for your advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince
    Sword master
    Armour of the Gods
    Good Lord. But is he worth it? Sure, he packs a punch, but... 200 pts is a few more Silver Helms, chariots, Great Eagles, Reavers, etc... I wouldnt take him a battle under 3000pts.

Mage
    lv.2
    barded horse
    annulian crystal
    silver wand
    You cant have Annulian Crystal and Silver Wand on the same Mage, as they are both Arcane items. Id drop the Crystal and add Seer Honour instead.

Mage
    lv.2
    barded horse
    silver wand
    channeler
    seer
    Err... And you cant have 2 Silver Wands... But Im sure this is a typo or something? This is an ok mage. I like.

20 Spearmen
    command
    Good unit.

5 Silver Helms
    hv armour
    shields
    command
    Drop musician, and increase the unit to 6 models. This way you will get more attacks in combat, and another model is always good. AND you wont panic so fast, as the 5man cav units have a tendency to do.

5 Silver Helms
    hv armour
    shields
    command
    Same as above.

6 Dragon Princes
    command
    Drakemaster has Sword of Might
    I'd say go with 8 Dragon Princes. They WILL be the main enemy focus in the game, since they are the best unit in your list. Give them Banner of Sourcery for a nice magic phase.

20 Sword masters
    command
    Well, im not to sure... They wont reach the battle line in time with your cav, will be shot asunder after your DP are down, and cost alot. But they are a great unit, and 20 strong is nice. Concider that with this setupm(I assume 5x4) you get 15 Swordmasters who wont attack. Thats alot of points for just +3 ranks, wouldnt you say? Id go with a spearman unit for the 3 ranks and a smaller (10 strong) SwM unit to back it up with attacks.

15 Phoenix Guard
    command
    This is the second most useless unit I have ever ever EVER seen. They cause fear. Yay. They get halberds. Yay. They cost more than a small country. Boo! They really are garbage. Dont take them. At all. They die easily, dont do anything special, and the points are better spent with Reavers or Great Eagles. Trust me!

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower
    Yay. An RBT is always nice.

OK, my thoughts in general. Too mixed army. Your cav will be in action before your infantry, and thats not good, as then the missiles will rain on the lowsave infantry. Id say either go offense cav and defense inf or all cav. Get spearmen to guard archers and 2 RBT, get 2 Eagles for blocking marches and annoyance/attacking warmachines and archers/killing lone mages, 5 Reavers for same stuff, really, and use them both for setting up charges for your own cav units.

Just my thoughts tho...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you all might know it is not allowed to post point costs on this page.
    I have modified the posts with point costs in them.
    No further action will be taken.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast