My Dwarf Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My Dwarf Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dwarf army is 2000 points.

Lord: Gromril armour,shield,handgun (( I know the handgun is a waste of points but I like it so please don't tell me to get rid of it! ))
    His Runes: (( Going through changes for I am experimenting with what works best against elfs for that is who I will mainly be fighting with this list ))

Core Units: 20 Warriors:Full command:Heavy armour,shield,hand weapon (( a solid unit that can withstand Longbow fire))

2 units of Thunderers 10:Handgun,light armour:Full command

Special:

Hammerers: heavy armour,great weapons,shield: Full command: Banner with rune of Slowness

Ironbreakers: Full command: Banner with Rune of Kadrin

Bolt thrower:rune of penetraiting

Bolt Thrower:Rune of penetraiting, Master rune of Skewering (( He has a mage lvl 2 who I want to snipe with skewering ))

Bolt thrower: Nothing extra

Bolt Thrower:Nothing extra

Rare unit/s

Organ Gun

Oh yeah and a unit of 13 warriors with a champion to stay back and protect the War Machines or maybe flank charge.

Longbeards and Hammerers have 15 in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

First don't triple post just use the EDIT button in the top right-hand corner of your post.

Now lets take a look,

Lord: Gromril armour,shield,handgun

Ok keep the handgun if you must, but I do think it's a waste. Other than that good choice, with runes I would take MR of Alaric the Mad, Rune Of Cleaving, Rune Of Fury. Rune Of Resistance and Rune of Stone. This combo will make all cav fear you and he should be able to stand up against anything they throw at you.

20 Warriors:Full command:Heavy armour,shield,hand weapon

Good choice, tough and very tough to move.

2 units of Thunderers 10:Handgun,light armour:Full command

For these I wouldn't take full command, I would only take a musician or if I'm expecting them to get into combat and Standard. Otherwise give them shields, they will then have a great save if them have to get involved in combat.

Hammerers: heavy armour,great weapons,shield: Full command: Banner with rune of Slowness

Nice unit, I don't use these (being as I don't have a unit of them yet), but good choice. Just make sure you keep the general with them and they won't be moving anywhere.

Ironbreakers: Full command: Banner with Rune of Kadrin

Good unit, but I would suggest either Rune Of Battle or Rune Of Courage for their banner.

Bolt thrower:rune of penetraiting

Nice
    Bolt Thrower:Rune of penetraiting, Master rune of Skewering

Same as above, I wouldn't use this for mage sniping. It would be better used to take out large units, with an almost guarnteed hit it's going to take out at least 3. Leave the sniping to the Thunderers

Bolt thrower: Nothing extra

I'm sure your a fan of war machines, but two bolt throwers is enough I would dump these two and have either a cannon, Stone Thrower or more warriors.

Bolt Thrower:Nothing extra

See above

Organ Gun

I like, good choice. Just make sure you set it up in a postion where it will cause most damage, or ona flank and it might scare his cav away from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice.
    The Lord you suggested with runes is close to what I am thinking of taking.

Also The Handgunners are going to be on the frontline so a full command will help them I will see if I can get some spare points for the shields.

Also I got the extra 2 Bolt Throwers because I had the points and they look good.

I am torn between getting rid of them and having something like a cannon.
    Or Getting more Ironbreakers (( The Hammerers don't need more because the general is with them))
    What do you think?

Closed Thread