High Elves 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Elves 2k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, heres my list

Commander 124
    Dragon Armour
    Steed /w Ithilmar Barding
    Lance
    Helm of Fortune
    Shield

Mage 197
    Seer
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Level 2

Mage 170
    Seer
    Channeller
    Level 2

16 Archers 222
    Full Command

8 Silver Helms 219
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

8 Silver Helms 219
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

8 Dragon Princes 318
    Banner of Sorcery
    Full Command
    Sword of Might (Drakemaster)

5 Ellyrion Reavers 115
    Bows
    Musician

5 Ellyrion Reavers 115
    Bows
    Musician

2 Great Eagles 100

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200

Points 1999

Well basically my extremely revised plan is like this...

I put my Commander with the Dragon Princes, and they charge with the Silver Helms towards the enemy, while my Great Eagle and Bolt Throwers take out Characters and annoying things like Gyrocopters, and my Archers cripple any enemy units I'm charging at, and support my Great Eagle and Bolt Thrower. Meanwhile my Reavers go on the flanks, kill any scouts and distract the missile fire while shooting at enemy flanks. I don't except my Reavers to live, but if they do then they rear charge my enemy. My mages help the Archers and Bolt Throwers by using Vaul's Unmaking and Flames of the Pheonix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince 268
    Dragon Armour
    Lance
    Shield
    Sword of Hoeth
    Armour of Protection
    Drop the lance. You dont need it.

Commander 177
    Dragon Armour
    Lance
    Radiant Gem of Hoeth
    Golden Shield
    Sure, this is good.

Mage 197
    Seer
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Level 2
    Standard Mage

Mage 170
    Seer
    Channeller
    Level 2
    Another standard mage

16 Archers 238
    Light Armour
    Full Command
    Drop command and armour. If they get hit they die anyways, and the command isnt doing anything.

10 Silver Helms 219
    War Banner
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Full Command
    Why 10 strong? Rather have them 8 strong. Same punch, etc. I'd probably drop the musician, but thats of personal choice.

10 Silver Helms 209
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Full Command
    Again, do them 8 Strong, if you want a unit in this size. And the musician.

8 Dragon Princes 328
    Banner of Sorcery
    Helm of Fortune (Drakemaster)
    Full Command
    Nice strong unit.

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200
    Standard, I guess...

OK, for my thoughts. Id drop the Lord. No use and too expensive. Make the cav units 6-7 strong. I feel 8 is no use. You may possibly get +1 CR for the rank, but thats just until 1 dies. Rather, 7 models will always get their attacks in (since you dont have 2 ranks, but 1). And Id get more uf the units. Also, I dont see any Reavers or Great Eagles, which makes me think you would dies fast and hard. Think if you met a dwarf army with that list? Youd be bogged down within a second. Sure your cav is tough. But they die like normal maggots when shot at by 30 crossbows and 2 cannons.

I just feel that you have too few units (3) and they dont really make a difference all alone. Sure, you will have archers/rbt to shoot thingies and mages as well. But I think I would have made a different list =/ .

Well, just my ideas. Read the High Elf tactics thingie i wrote on this site for some info on how I play myself.

Just my 2 cents tho =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering what to drop to get the Musicians for the Reavers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, first off: dont reply multiple times, just edit your last reply. Its grounds for banning if you double/triple post. Concider yourself warned =| .

OK, for your army =) .

Check out my High Elf Tactica for my view on the whole damned race =P . And my army lists are on here as well, and there you can see how I use my armies.

First off: always take Eagles in pairs. One of them will dies ASAP. Get 2, and run them up towards the warmachines in a way that they will charge it in turn 2. This way he has to either kill them both (lots of missile fire avoided for your units, who also will charge in turn two), or disregard them (which will mean he looses his warmachines) .

I'd drop the Prince since he is 200 pts and thats quite alot for what he does. He really doesnt add anything but a few more attacks to the unit. I'd rather just get another unit of SH or some chariots, or that second eagle. These will affect the game MUCH more than those extra 3 attacks or casualties.

For the Reavers, always take a Musician. This will help you rally them when they flee. Always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my strategy, I'd probably let the Eagles be at the front, my calvary behind with my Reavers on the flanks, and my BT and Archers and Mages behind them all with support. I don't know whether to put my mage on horseback with a regiment or not.

If I get an oppurtunity, should I flank charge them with my reavers or cotinue going for the war machines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just told you what i think is your weaknesses and strengths. You would probably fare ok vs most armies with the list, although it all depends on your opponent.

Id still make the changes I suggested.

Hmmm... Your archers are unprotected. If anyone comes along over there, they are helpless while your cav are at the front.

Id take some spearmen for protection of RBT and Archers.

Use the cav to hit weak units that you KNOW will break. You cant afford to get stuck in HTH with so few and weak units. Shoot ALL your shots at 1 target per turn, trying to give them 25% casualties so that they have to take a Panic test.

Use Eagles for taking out warmachines/lone mages and for charging shooting units.

Use Reavers for luring the enemy and harassing him.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok on the archers drop the command, I would only consider the musician as a choce for them.

Mage 197
    Seer
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Level 2
    This is illegal in two ways. One. you've gone over the mages pts allowance, and two you've given him to arcane items. Drop channeler and either keep the silver wand or give him Jewel Of The Dusk.

Mage 170
    Seer
    Channeller
    Level 2
    I would give him the item you didn't give the other. Either the Silver Wand or Jewel of the dusk, or drop make him a scroll caddy.

8 Dragon Princes 313
    Banner of Sorcery
    Full Command
    Enchanted Shield (Drakemaster)
    Nice unit, good size and good banner. So why give the drakemaster the shield? This bumps his pts cost up into the 50pts area, all this for a champion? I would drop the shield and if you must get something that will help or protect the unit (ie Sacred Incese, Blessed Tome).

Other than that it looks like a good army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok on the archers drop the command, I would only consider the musician as a choce for them.
    I dont agree. Dont take Musician. its a waste.

Mage 197
    Seer
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Level 2

This is illegal in two ways. One. you've gone over the mages pts allowance, and two you've given him to arcane items. Drop channeler and either keep the silver wand or give him Jewel Of The Dusk.
    How is this mage illegal? He doesnt have 2 arcane items. And he isnt over the pt limit.

Mage 170
    Seer
    Channeller
    Level 2

I would give him the item you didn't give the other. Either the Silver Wand or Jewel of the dusk, or drop make him a scroll caddy.
    A perfecly able mage. Dont take dispel scrolls unless you got the extra pts. You got enough antimagic with Drain Magic and the dispel dice.

8 Dragon Princes 313
    Banner of Sorcery
    Full Command
    Enchanted Shield (Drakemaster)

Nice unit, good size and good banner. So why give the drakemaster the shield? This bumps his pts cost up into the 50pts area, all this for a champion? I would drop the shield and if you must get something that will help or protect the unit (ie Sacred Incese, Blessed Tome).
    Agreed. Dont take the shield. If anything, take the Helm of Fortune for a rerollable 1+ save. nice surprise in challenges. Id drop the musician for all cav units, except Reavers who should ONLY have musicians. And if you are going to use the Cav units with your inf, dont give the cav units banners, as they will just be easy VP for the opponent.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Whoops sorry about that, I must not have been consentrating. Your right a perfectly good mage. Although I would suggest one has at least one dispel scroll, but that's a personal preferance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There, I gave him the sword of might, which gives him 1+ strength, so he'll have +3 strength whenn charging with the lance, which should help if I'm up against a tougher unit, which I shouldn't be.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast