What Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like armys that have powerful lords and have very good core units I like both shooting and close combat

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then chaos is the team for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well chaos has no shooting but very powerful lords and owns in close combat but if you want a good mix then i suggest either high or dark elves or dwarves.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok first off the things you like in an army are:

- Powerful Lords
    - Good Core
    - Shooting
    - Combat

With these in mind I think these armies might suit you:

- Chaos (Including Beasts Of Chaos)
    - Dwarfs
    - Orcs & Goblins
    - Lizardmen

and maybe:

- Vampire Counts
    - Tomb Kings

So lets take a look:

Chaos
    Chaos has some of the toughest characters in the game, the lord has a high T and you can have Greater Daemons. The lord can have some great weapns that allows him to increase attacks, S or T. But his strenght lies in the fact that he's a beast in combat, this being can deal out damage and can easily handle the return attacks. He can also afford to have a great weapon and not worry about attacking last (he doesn't care, just as long as he can kill). You can tailor him to be almost anything and you can make him topugher by adding a mark of one of the four powers. The of course there are the Daemon Princes, these are mortals that have attained Daemonhood. They are very powerful and have the fly ability, so are very manouverable this combined with some of the gifts they can have makes them a very frighting prospect.

Your core are either maurauders that like up in the blighted lands who strive to prove their worth to the gods, or warriors who have proven themselves and wish to advance in power, or gibbering hordes of daemons. The maurauders aren't the best troops in the game but they can handle themselves in combat. They can have their S increased (via Flails and Great weapons) thus making them a armour crackering unit, but with their lack of armour anything with high S or large units will much through them. They can also be mounted this make them into a harssment unit. In other words they should be given missile weapons to deal with war machines, lone units/characters.

Now onto the warriors these are the mortals that have proven themselves had are more powerful than your avargae human. They have higher WS,S,T,I this makes them a great combat unit, even more so if they are armed with Halberds or Great Weapons. Not to mention the fact that they can be given a mark of the gods and be upgraded to chosen. Chosen are the better of the warriors and get an extra attack as well as better armour. This goes the same for Knights of Chaos, but they are mounted and move faster.

Daemons are good but mostly not used as a pure army, being as they are easy to defeat. They have to win combat otherwise they can be sent straight back to the warp in one go! But they are tough and given chance will munch through lots of units.

As you can see Chaos armies are more combat orientated so thats one base covered, but unfortunatly the only missile fire they can have is from Marauder horsemen.

Dwarfs
    Now dwarfs are one of the most stubborn armies in the game, it takes a lot to force a dwarf unit to run. Their lords are tough, they can be given Rune(Magic) items to make sure they survive. But the best thing is they can have rune items that allow them to inprove multiple stats and the dwarf lord gets one of the highest pts allowance for magic items in the game. All dwarfs characters can easily stand up to most lords and either win or force a draw.

The core units of the dwarfs are the toughest in the game. They all have T4 as basic and their main core unit can be given great weapons as standard, thus making them a force worth their weight in gold. They also get some good missile units, thunderers have hand guns that are better to hit at close range and can fire them while on the move. They also have a unit that can appear on any table edge, even your opponents deployment zone.

They are a very shooty army what with cannons, bolt throwers, stone throwers, thunderers and crossbowmen, this makes them fit that crietera. But they have very short legs and move very slowly, so they won't be charging into the opponents deployment zone. But they will be able to handle themselves when the enemy arrives though.

Orcs & Goblins
    Orcs are a very combat army, this is where they excel. Their characters are tough and can easily handle most characters and again can be improved with magic items. That's orc characters, goblins on the other hand are sneeky little gits. It would be unlikely for a goblin character to agree to a challenge, so don't expect much.

Their units are going to be large, very large. The avarage size unit most use is about 20+, anything smaller isn't worth it. Orcs while not intelligent are one of the feircest armies there is, these care nothing more than fighting. And their profiles reflect this, they are quiote tough and get a special rule for having a choppa. Goblins are going to be in very large units about 25+, this little gits will not be very good in combat but it's the fact that there's a sh!t load of them that will make you enemy not want them near him.

As for shooting O&G have it but they couldn't hit a barn door from three paces, so don't expect much.

Lizardmen
    These are mainly spell casting characters but they now have the Oldblood. This guy is mean he will be able to take on most things and win, and will do it even easier with a magic weapon or protection.

Their units are made up of large, slow lizards but wow can these things fight. The Saurus units get an extra attack (they bit up) and each have a couple of attacks, so these make up your combat units. Add Krozigors to these and you have an army to recan with. The shooting is left up to the small Skinks, these liitle creatures use posionous darts and javalins as their weapons. They aren't the best combat unit but could do quite well, also they treat water features as normal ground and thus can move straight across a river like normal.

The Lizardmen can be shooty they have some good units but also are a good combat army.

I've hope I helped, if you you like to know about the others I would gladly do so, but in failing that just have a quick look through each army book and see which takes your fancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok first off the things you like in an army are:

- Powerful Lords
    - Good Core
    - Shooting
    - Combat

With these in mind I think these armies might suit you:

- Chaos (Including Beasts Of Chaos)
    - Dwarfs
    - Orcs & Goblins
    - Lizardmen

and maybe:

- Vampire Counts
    - Tomb Kings

Why not elves?

Wood Elves have the best shooting in the game. Hands down. Though their Lords arent really 1man armies, they are quite powerful when used correctly.

Dark Elves have a good shooting (with repeater xbows) and their lords get some good items to boost them up.

High Elves also have good shooting, though low on strength and they are expensive. But they have fast and great HTH units, of which Silver Helms (heavy quite fast cavalry with good charge). The HE lords are like the DE lords. They get good items which may make them great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elves don't have overly powerful lords, but they can field some amazing units.

You want good lords, good shooting, and close combat?

Try Lizardmen. They'll give you a decent combination of everything. They're kind of slow, so faster armies (like Dark Elves) will be annoying, but Lizardmen units are HARD to take down.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Slai I didn't choose Elves because I didn't think about them, also I think he as aiming towards more combaty armies and those do fit the gap. But Elves could work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elves don't have overly powerful lords, but they can field some amazing units.
    High Elf Prince with Swordmaster Honour and Armour of the Gods? High Elf Prince with Vambraces of Defence, HArmour, Shield, Barded Steed, and Blade of Sea Gold? High Elf Prince on Great Eagle with Bow of the Seafarer and Greatsword.

I could go on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking either Chaos or Lizardmen I just have to make my final desicion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Lizardmen. I dont see lots of people playing them, and they are a great army with alot of cool and badass troops.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast