40k player needs help starting fantasy. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

40k player needs help starting fantasy.

This is just another "help me decide which army to collect" thread but I couldn't figure out where in the fantasy forum to put it. If it's in the wrong place feel free to move it mods.

Ok i've been playing 40k for some time now and like the look of fantasy. It has more complex rules and everything seems to be more advanced and realistic.

Im looking for an army that ignores casualties. I play eldar and chaos in 40k and I wince evry time someone gets killed. Which army is the army that just fields heaps of units that's only purpose is to die.

On the contrary I would also like an army that has the potential to dominate the magic phase.

Im currently leaning slightly towards vampire counts but I know next to nothing about them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Well if you want heaps of soldiers, you should go with Skaven with great missle weapons too... and they have powerful magic aswell. Same with the Orcs & Goblin army, they have cheap points per unit and really strong magic. Orcs & Goblins are fun to play, but are unpredictable... but you shouldn't really count on them to win in tournaments. Vampire counts are awsome since you get to bring back some skeletons from the grave.

Anyways! Good luck choosing!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven sounds perfect for you. Just have a lot of clanrat slaves (expendable :yes: ) whose purpose in life is to die. Also they have awesome magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo
    Skaven sounds perfect for you. Just have a lot of clanrat slaves (expendable :yes: ) whose purpose in life is to die. Also they have awesome magic.
    True. Skaven are one of the best, and LordLink visit the Skaven forum to get a feel for them. A couple of rules of thumb for Skaven:
    • Don't take loads of Jezzails (they're much too good)
    • Choose a pacific tactic (e.g slaves)
    • Don't play Clan Skyre (they're actually called SAD/CHEESE round LO because they're too good)
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

+ Reply to Thread