Vampire Count - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Vampire Count

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anybody help me with this army list?

Characters
    Vampire Count, level 3, great weapon, the flayed hauberk, obsidian amulet, gem of blood.

Necromancer, level 2, 2 dispel scrolls.

Necromancer, level 2, 2 staff of damnation.

Thrall, Nightmare with barding, great weapon, enchanted shield, ring of night.

Core
    10 Dire Wolves

10 Dire Wolves

20 Zombies

20 Zombies

20 Skeletons with light armour, musician and standard-bearer.

Special
    24 Grave Guard with banner of burrows, shields and full command.

5 Black Knights with full command and barding.

113 models
    1999pts

I generally try to flank with Wolves, Black Knights and Thrall. While using the rest of the army in a battle of attrition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Characters
    Vampire Count, level 3, great weapon, the flayed hauberk, obsidian amulet, gem of blood

First off which blood line? If it's not Blood Dragons drop the Flayed Hauberk, as it's useless. I would drop both the Amulet and gem and give him the Ring of night, it's better to keep this vamp alive than it is the Thrall. I would give him the Sword Of Unholy Power, the extra dice will come in more handy than the extra S (also the vamp doesn't really need it). Also counts can only be Level two casters not three.

Necromancer, level 2, 2 dispel scrolls.

Nice choice, avage necro

Necromancer, level 2, 2 staff of damnation.

Nice except I think you might have mispelt "2 staff of damnation" Two staffs? Other than that nice

Thrall, Nightmare with barding, great weapon, enchanted shield, ring of night.
    I would drop the ring and give it to the count, also the Gw isn't needed being as he will be going with the Knights I would give him either a lance or Sword of might/battle. Other than that good

Core
    10 Dire Wolves

Good, but remeber if they go to far no marching.

10 Dire Wolves

See above

20 Zombies

I would bump these up to 25+. Zombies aren't the best fighters in the world and the best use for them is to auto-break units, so large units for the ranks bonus is best.

20 Zombies

See above

20 Skeletons with light armour, musician and standard-bearer.

Good choice but I would make this about 25, and summon more during the game. They will also benefit more with large units, again the auto-break.

Special
    24 Grave Guard with banner of barrows, shields and full command.

Now this unit I like, large tough and good banner. But be warned they will be targeted quickly, so try to shield them with a small unit of raised skellies or zombies.

5 Black Knights with full command and barding.

Good unit, I would consider giving them either the Screaming Banner or Banner of the dead legion.

Closed Thread