Orcs+Goblins or Dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs+Goblins or Dwarves

hello, my brother is beginning to play WHFB and is wanting to play either dwarves or ors and goblins. I know next to nothing about both these armies since I'm new too. It would be great if people could post their thoughts about which one would be better for a beginner and any other information you know.

p.s. I've heard that O+G are getting a new codex. Is this true and if so when.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric101
    I know next to nothing about both these armies since I'm new too. It would be great if people could post their thoughts about which one would be better for a beginner and any other information you know.

p.s. I've heard that O+G are getting a new codex. Is this true and if so when.

Thanks in advance.
    Dwarves - "The Dwarfs are one of the most ancient races of the Warhammer world. From the beginning of time, their traditional homeland has been the Worlds Edge Mountains – it is a vast, forbidding mountain chain that marks the eastern boundary of the Old World. Here, in ages past, the Dwarfs built their massive underground strongholds among the high peaks and tumbling chasms. At its height, their realm spread from the far north to the distant south, while their mines stretched far beneath the earth itself. These days of glory are now long gone; many strongholds lie in ruins or are occupied by evil creatures. The great achievements of the past are now nothing more than memories – ancient sagas sung in the half-empty halls of the few surviving Dwarf strongholds."

Orcs & Gobbos- "Orcs & Goblins are related, green-skinned, war-like species that band together in crude camps and villages in the rugged wilderness regions all over the Old World. When the mood strikes the Greenskins, or when population pressure drives them to it, the Orcs & Goblins band together into a massive armed force called a Waaagh! and march forth to do battle with anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path."

Its true, I see more Dwarf players all the time in warhammer... most of them are younger, but all they usually do is sit back an shoot. Orcs & Goblins are more of a "Fun" army, in which most the of the army is uncontrolable due to some of their special rules. As for which one is better???.... I can't say, because both armies have strengths and weaknesses. I'd say dwarves win most of the time, but it doesn't mean they are better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a crazy, varied and fun army choose orcs and goblins. Though I started off with Dwarves and I'm pleased that I did - they are rock hard with a great Armour Save, have some great special choices, do not run away easily and have loads of war machines. The disadvantages of them is no cavalry, skirmishers, magic or the like.

Dwarves will probably win overall as Magic69 said so I'd go for them, Orcs are too crude and scruffy for me. But it all depends on your brother's opinion.
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

+ Reply to Thread