Going To Start Warhammer Soon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help decieding what race to pick. I play Deamonhunter for Warhammer 40K so I like an Elite close combat army.

These are the races I think look cool;
    Beast of Chaos
    Lizardmen
    and Tomb Kings.

Also even though they dont look like my playing style I'm thinking about Wood Elves to.

Could you Fanatsy Veteran give me some guidance. suggestions and tactics would really help.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Beastmen:
    These are tough, very and quite strong but their strengh lies in the ambush. This special rule allows you to keep certain units as reserves. They turn up on any table edge, just as long as you can pass a LD test. This will force your opponent to worry about where they will appear, and they could make a costly mistake.

Then there's the units, beastmen have some of the coolest around. This includes the Shaggoths, chaos trolls/orges/giants, minators and many others. Then you can make certain units specail bygiving them marks of the Gods eg mark of Khorne = Khorngors etc these are the elite of the beastmen. Then there's the characters tough and powerful, and if you have a Doombull as general minators are now core. The magic items are great, some allow you to get a better chance of your ambush arriving on time, another will make it so that beasts won't attack that character. Also you can use the beastman and hords of chaos togther. So in your beast army you could have chaos warriors or knights or even daemons. All in all a new and powerful army.

Wood Elves:
    Probably the best missile army in the game, all their archers have long bows, they suffer no penalties for range and it's a -1 Sv mod at close range. This is their strengths but it's not all about shooting, they have some pretty cool combat units. Two such units are scouts and waywatchers, scouts are self explanatory but waywatchers, these guys set traps for enemies in woods but both are the best archer units you can have.

This title lies with wardancers/dyrads/treemen, these units are all great in combat. Treemen are tough and don't have to take a break test unless wounded, they can tie unit a unit for a game (if lucky). Wardancers can change the way they attack each turn, one turn you can have lots of attacks next it can be an auto draw. And the dyrads these are just like wardancers but instead of changing dances they change aspects eg willow, oak, beach. This gives them specail bonouses as well.

The rest of the army are fast you've got glade guard, warhawh riders, glade riders and all combined will/or should allow you to encircle your opponent. But remeber they're elves, T3 is not good. You throw any of these units needlessly into combat and you will lose. They also have some good magic items, one allows you to create a wood in the middle of the game, and my favourite is the Hail of doom arrow (it splits into 3d6 s4 magic arrows).

Lizardmen
    These are mainly spell casting characters but they now have the Oldblood. This guy is mean he will be able to take on most things and win, and will do it even easier with a magic weapon or protection.

Their units are made up of large, slow lizards but wow can these things fight. The Saurus units get an extra attack (they bit up) and each have a couple of attacks, so these make up your combat units. Add Krozigors to these and you have an army to recan with. The shooting is left up to the small Skinks, these liitle creatures use posionous darts and javalins as their weapons. They aren't the best combat unit but could do quite well, also they treat water features as normal ground and thus can move straight across a river like normal.

The Lizardmen can be shooty they have some good units but also are a good combat army.

Tomb Kings
    Alot like undead but less varied. Where as VC can have zombies etc the TK only really get skellies, don't get me wrong this isn't a bad thing. The TKs are a tough army they can be fast via cav but also have lots of infantry. They have some really good units the skellie archers will always hit on their basic BS with no modifiers at all (including positive ones), they get the Screaming Skull Catapult. This thing can be upgraded to fire heads of the army your playing (which just gives me a great mental image ). They can have chariots as core, while they're not as strong as normal chariots they get other bonuses like the can benefit from a Standard, Musician and a champion. They have some really cool units like the Scorpion and the swarms, these can appear anywhere on the board (using a rule called "It can from below..") The scorpion is a beast and can really handle itself in combat. They can have large constructs called Ushabti these are large animated statues but boy can they fight, but nowhere near as good as the Bone Giant. On it's charge it can get unlimited attacks as long as they keep wounding!!

The heart of the TK are are the Hierophant and the TK himself, these two keep the army going. The hierophant is the one who raised it so keep him safe, if he dies your army will crumble. Not to mention he's the spell caster of the force, the TKs spells are to basically increase the size of your army, move your army fast or attack more often. While the TK is to increase your fighting potentional, he's a good fighter but can be made a very good one with the right equipment. Also he can move his unit via a spell (it's his will, so it shall be done).

Hope I've helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been a great help, but I have a question about magic. I'm guessing that its kinda like psyhic powers but are they more important? Now I'm leaning a little more to Beast of Chaos. Man, Those beasties look cool! :lol:

By the way could you give me any tactics for any race.

Thanks

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Yeah, they're a bit like Psychic powers but you roll more dice. I can't explain it here, you'll have to get the rule book. But magic is important, it will help you to win but won't win the game for you (except the comet of Cassandora). Most spells are to help your units or to hinder theirs, they will be missiles or spells that can cause great amounts of damage. But there are very few that will win the game for you, although most will help you on your way

I'm not sure on tactics, I'm afraid you'll have to either figure them out yourself

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would want to get some chaos army if you want elite close combat. They are so nasty against my puny little elves

Closed Thread