Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2000 Pt High Elves Uofm Stratagy

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Slai 
#1 ·
For those of you who dont live in Michigan -or the united states for that matter- MSU (or Michigan State University) is rival to UofM (or University of Michigan) so a dark elf Msu stratagy would be beaten by UofM... never mind.

Commander 1
great eagle
dragon armour
helm of fortune
sword of might
enchanted shield

commander 2
sword of battle
ring of fury
barded steed
dragon armour
shield

Mage
lv.2
seer
channeler
silver wand
barded steed

20 spearmen
command

20 spearmen
command 30

12 archers

6 ellirian reavers
musician
bows

20 sword masters
command

4 repeater bolt throwers

ok maybe 4 rbt's is overdoing it, or just cheesey. for those of you who dont kno, a dark elf MSU stratagy takes lots of small elite units (something HE cant do) the idea is swarm large units with flank charges, since dark elves are so fast this is a very dangerous tactic. my idea is to destroy the small units with a healthy dose of missle fire, have the spearmen soak up charges while the masters do some damage. Commander 1 and the elliran reavers take out warmachines and attack from behind. im not worried about enemy magic because the MSU stratagy doesnt use much. im thinking dump one RBT and take a chariot with more models. Please help, the future of high elf superiority is at stake. :w

See less See more
#3 ·
The overall force looks good, but the Commander on the eagle is just a large expensive target. But if you must put him on a eagle give him one of the magic bows. For the commander the Reaver Bow or upgrade him to a prince and give him the bow of the seafarer (get this guy on the flank of an unit and watch your opponent crap themselves :D ).

Four RBT is a bit much, I would drop it to two and get two eagles. These will be used to takeout the war machines and then to stop march moves thus giving your missile unit more time. Also I would think about some heavy cav, if your opponent is using MSU then the cav should have no problem in breaking them.

Also the commander on foot I guess he's going with the reavers, right? I wouldn't he would be best on foot, in either the Swordmasters or one of the spearmen units. Maybe think about giving him the Swordmaster Honour and have him leading the Swordmasters for a bit of pure power.

#4 ·
ok this is in 2000 points, and you're whole army is pretty slow once i get some dark riders stuck in you're lines to keep you from marching. 4 rbts? no, thats a big waste and an easy kill for something like furies and the such which would just eat em all alive and make there points and then some. swordmasters, thats a bad number, 20, i would rather 16, i say this because each model is more powerful strengthwise than your average joe, therefor will do more damage. they still however are lightly armoured so watch out for units with high attacks, thats why you wouldnt want a wide front rank, you would get pumbled on the charge, or if you didnt kill their first ranke entirely. :D

#5 ·
The original idea was to sit on my but with all of my infantry and send my ellrion reavers with my flying commander up a side. the reavers are actualy just an expensive missle screen but hopefuly they will survive long enough to get a flank charge in. once the commander is able to charge and destroy any reaper bolt throwers, he can reck havoc from behind. this stratagy would probaly work better in 1k though. 24 S4 bolts a turn thin the enemy lines, and with such small units chances are some will panic. when the enemies get closer my units come closer toghether to prevent flank chargesand will hopefuly destroy the remaining models. this army leaves alot up to luck, so on secound thought id would grop 2 RBT's take 2 more great eagles, and buy a very cheap unit of 5 silver helms without command or extra armour with the remaining 100 points to act as a better missle screen for my eagles. I didnt really put a whole lot of thought into this army, i was just toying with ways to counter MSU. thank you for you input.

happy holidays :)

#7 ·
OK, here are my thoughts:

Commander 1
great eagle
dragon armour
helm of fortune
sword of might
enchanted shield
I dont get why he is on an eagle instead of a steed, wich only moves 2" less... And the dragon armour really isnt worth it... Rather take Heavy Armour. Unless you know you need the Dragon Armour bonus.

commander 2
sword of battle
ring of fury
barded steed
dragon armour
shield
Again, take HArmour instead of DArmour. Ring of Fury is nice.

Mage
lv.2
seer
channeler
silver wand
barded steed
Nice lone mage.

20 spearmen
command

20 spearmen
command 30
Nice block units. I assume they are there to defend the RBTs and Archers.

12 archers
They wont kill anything tough or armoured, but are nice to have to pick off flyers and small unarmoured units and cause panic tests. Drop 2 of them and take 10 instead.

6 ellirian reavers
musician
bows
Drop 1 of them. 5 is a better number. I assume they are to block march moves, draw charges, and harass warmachines/shooters with arrows.

20 sword masters
command
Your one and only defensive unit. I dont get this. Take a unit of 8 Silver Helms and drop this unit down to 10.

4 repeater bolt throwers
Drop 2 of them and take 2 great eagles instead, so that they in conjunction with your Reavers can take out warmachines and shooters, and also lone mages/characters. In addition, they can block marchmoves and create chaos in his ranks with their extreme movement.

In general, this army lacks punch. You got the Swordmaster unit and thats it. You got alot of defensive *****: 2 blocks of spearmen and one unit of archers, along with the RBTs. In my opinion, you should get something that can actually kill something. Id drop the entire Eagle commander, and keep the two other ones. Give the Swordmasters Banner of Sourcery and get some Dragon Princes/Silver Helms/Chariots to make yoru army have at least some punch. Keep the 10 strong Swordmaster unit work in tandem with one of the Spearman blocks, so to keep the Swormaster casualties low.

If I was you, Id drp the spearmen, the archers, the swordmasters, and max out SilverHelms, DragonPrinces and Chariots, but thats just me.

Hope I helped =)

BTW, Eagles arent large targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.