Cavalry archers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cavalry archers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavalry archers

in any game is see this type of unit, i use it. i dunno why, but i love the idea of archers on horseback. now i'm looking into starting WHF, and i come from a background of eldar BT. i like mobility, speed, and hit&runs. so i know WE fit this profile pretty well.

however, is there a better army at that can field better Cavalry archers, in better numbers, more effienctly/effectively? just curious...

-Flo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

If you like Calvary Archers than I suggest The Wood Elves. They have a core unit called the "Glade Riders", and you can base your army around them. Wood Elves have all of what you seek, mobility, speed, and hit & run.

The army allies of the empire called "Kislev" have horse archers. They aren't as fast as woodelves and only come in blister packs.

With the wood elves you won't get lots of numbers. If you want numbers go with goblin Wolf Rider Regiments. You can have massive units of these archers at a cheap price. With the Wood elves you get good aim, and better chances with causualities, but with the goblin wolf riders you get numbers, but with bad aim.
    Last edited by Amadis; April 9th, 2006 at 17:45.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis
    If you like Calvary Archers than I suggest The Wood Elves. They have a core unit called the "Glade Riders", and you can base your army around them. Wood Elves have all of what you seek, mobility, speed, and hit & run.

The army allies of the empire called "Kislev" have horse archers. They aren't as fast as woodelves and only come in blister packs.

With the wood elves you won't get lots of numbers. If you want numbers go with goblin Wolf Rider Regiments. You can have massive units of these archers at a cheap price. With the Wood elves you get good aim, and better chances with causualities, but with the goblin wolf riders you get numbers, but with bad aim.
    I agree with Amadis here, if you want an all cavalry force, go for the Kislevs (sort of mercenaries). But I actually strongly do not recommend this, as you will have to spend a heck of a lot of cash to get an army. Wood elves use the classic hit and run tactic, though they are not so good in close combat. Goblin riders though only have short bows with much less range. And if you collect the gobbos you have to go with a fun army which is not exactly serious (they have stuff like snotlings, wagons, fanatic and squig hoppers).

Kislev = Basically all cavalry but not as fast as Wood Elves
    Wood Elves = Great shooting and wicked cavalry but not so many of them
    Goblins = Tons of goblins and wolves with not so good bows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would have to say that wood elves are the way to go because you can make an army entirly out of mounted archers and they don't get a shoooting and moving penalty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice nice thx for the replies guys. i also read about dark elf riders. i'm just not very fond of the rest of their models. so i think wood elves it is hehe.

-Flo

+ Reply to Thread