2000 Pt Orcs And Goblins List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is my proposed list. i have never played fantasy or even watched a game. i dont have any of the models yet so i can change whatever. here goes nothin:

LORD: orc great shaman w/ buzgobs knobbly staff
    lvl 4 upgrade, 2 dispel scrolls

HERO: Orc Shaman
    lvl 2 upgrade

HERO: (rides in a boar chariot) Black orc big boss w/ basha's big axe of bashin and enchanted shield
    heavy armor

HERO: (leads first goblin squad)Night Goblin Big Boss w/ great axe
    light armor

CORE: 34 Night Goblins w/ spears and shields
    full command
    3 fanatics

CORE: 35 Night Goblins w/ spears and shields
    full command
    3 fanatics

CORE: 20 orc big 'uns w/ choppas and additional hand weapon
    full command

CORE: 25 orc boyz w/ choppas and shields
    full command

full command

CORE: 5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ spears and shields

SPECIAL: 10 Boar Boyz w/ spears and shields
    full command

SPECIAL: boar chariot w/ scythed wheels
    extra crewman

SPECAIL: boar chariot w/ scythed wheels
    extra crewman

SPECIAL: 2 spear chukkas
    2 orc bullys

RARE: Goblin Doom Diver
    orc bully

RARE: giant

TOTAL: 1998

the main things that i werent sure about were what to arm my boyz and big 'uns with. i also considered putting my black orc big boss on a boar and letting him lead the boar boyz but then thought that the boar boyz would be well enough on their own and the chariot may need a little more help to win combat. is a giant ok at 2000 pts? is a great shaman a good lord at 2000 pts? cuz i do like magic.

advice would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

LORD: orc great shaman w/ buzgobs knobbly staff
    lvl 4 upgrade, 2 dispel scrolls

>>This is your best spell caster so I would give him him&#39;s that help with this. So while the staff is good, I would give him either Dangly Wotnotz or Diito&#39;s Double doin&#39; Doo-Dahs<<

HERO: Orc Shaman
    lvl 2 upgrade

>> A good character, I would give him one of the above mentioned items.<<

HERO: (rides in a boar chariot) Black orc big boss w/ basha&#39;s big axe of bashin and enchanted shield
    heavy armor

>> While this is a good character the best place for a Black orc is in the middle of your best and biggest unit. One of the best uses for him is to quel animostity and to add to the fighting capability of the unit. Other than that looks good.<<

HERO: (leads first goblin squad)Night Goblin Big Boss w/ great axe
    light armor

>> Goblins are weak so don&#39;t give him a great weapon, he&#39;ll be dead before he can swing it. Why not give him Mad Cap Mushrooms and Sword Of Might? He&#39;ll now be able to do some damage without going last and the fanatics his unit releases will do twice as much damage.<<

CORE: 34 Night Goblins w/ spears and shields
    full command
    3 fanatics

>> Nice large units, needed with goblins and I like fanatics (what&#39;s not to like? ) <<

CORE: 35 Night Goblins w/ spears and shields
    full command
    3 fanatics

>>See above<<

CORE: 20 orc big &#39;uns w/ choppas and additional hand weapon
    full command

>>Good size, but think about giving them a magic banner. I would suggest Nogg&#39;s banner of butchery or Gork&#39;s WAAAGH&#33; Banner<<

full command

>> Good unit, nice size <<

full command

>>Same as above<<

CORE: 5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ spears and shields

>> Good but I would be inclined to make these bigger or drop them. Goblins have very low LD if these ahve to take a LD test they will more than likely flee. Also they only have to have three killed and they will most likely flee, so I would make them upto about 8 or 10.<<

SPECIAL: 10 Boar Boyz w/ spears and shields
    full command

>> Good unit and size, again I would consider a magic banner for them<<

SPECIAL: boar chariot w/ scythed wheels
    extra crewman

>>Good, just make sure they charge with the boar boyz. And watch out for S7 attacks, try to shield it as much as poss.<<

SPECAIL: boar chariot w/ scythed wheels
    extra crewman

>> Same as above<<

SPECIAL: 2 spear chukkas
    2 orc bullys

>> Good, I would always aim both at the same unit. This way you have a better chance of actually hitting (ie because there&#39;s two firing) and it will devastate the unit being hit by two bolts.<<

RARE: Goblin Doom Diver
    orc bully

>> Love this war machine A good choice, just remember to do the Goblin noises of "WWWHHHHHEEEEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" when you fire <<

RARE: giant

>> A good unit, but expect it to take lots of fire and quickly. But if this happens it will allow you other units to reach their units relativly unmolested. <<

I hope I&#39;ve helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks man. you really helped. the goblin boss does have madcap mushrooms(forgot to type it in for some reason :blink: ). i will most likely drop the wolf riders to give me more points to put in magic banners and some of the other suggestions. do i give the magic banner to the standard bearer or do i need to by a hero to give it to? i was thinking of giving the big &#39;uns Gork&#39;s waaaaagh banner but not if i need to buy another hero.

i will give my great shaman either of the two mentioned arcane items because they are both really useful. i have a question about my usage of power dice though. i orginally thought that i would give all of my power dice to the great shaman because he has better powers and better gear but you mentioned that i might want to give my lvl 2 shaman some gear. how do youy think i should divide my power dice?

i figured that i would put my black orc boss in the chariot so that it would have an even greater chance of breaking the unit that it charges and overruinning them so that i wouldn&#39;t get into any prolonged combats. plus it increases his armor save by 2. he will also be there to quell animosity most of the time anyways since the boyz can march faster than it moves. also, should i make him my general or should my shaman be? i figured the shaman since he will be back there anyways and avoiding combat so he can gain moire power dice from the boyz when they get in combat but the boss has more survivability. what are your thoughts on this?

than,ks for your help so far. just have these last few questions(i hope)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Right you don&#39;t need to have another hero for a magic banner (that&#39;s just the Battle Standard Bearer), only certain units may have one. If you look in their options under their entry it will say "May have a magic banner upto max xxpts" or something to that effect. The Big &#39;Uns can have one if you read their enty at the front of the book.

And it&#39;s a good choice of banner for the Big &#39;Uns, if you are going to give the boar boyz one try the Banner of Butchery (the extra attack will help).

The power dice, I suppose it would depend on how much you need the spell. The lower spells ie lvl5 or so I would only use 2 or 3 dice, this will give you a good enough chance to cast it but you should also have lots left over. For the higher lvl ones I would say it&#39;s up to you, how many do you feel comfitable with and whst spells are you aiming to get off this turn.

I can see you point with the Black Orc, but my point is he will increase the chance of your infantry winning and should stop them from attacking each other. But the choice is up to you. I would keep the shaman as general (anyway I think it has to be the one with the highest LD), and either keep him near the back of a unit or at least within 6" so he can be targetted by missile fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty sure tha the black orc boss and great shaman have the same leadership. anyways, so don&#39;t put the shaman in a unit? i was thinking not to anyways. does he need line of sight to cast spells like gork&#39;s warpath and foot of gork? also, can he be targeted by spells if he is within 6" of another units of his?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Well you can put him in a unit (I forgot to put that in), he will be quite safe here (the noumber of them before he can be shot at, "Look Out, Sir&#33;" etc). As to the spells I believe that magic missiles are treated the same as normal missiles so can&#39;t target him if he&#39;s very close to a unit. It doesn&#39;t say that they need line of site, but I&#39;m not sure. If your not sure either check the annuals to see if they say anything or e-mail the rulezboyz at GW and ask them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do i email the ruleboyz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn&#39;t a bad army list except for the level 4 goblin shaman. orcs aren&#39;t supposed to take lots of magic, and if you misfire, you die&#33; All of the numbers are good and everything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen to really like orc magic and think that it is very effective. I cant remember what i removed, i know it was the wolf riders and something else little but i ended up adding dittos double doin do dahs and dangly wotnotz to the great shaman and gorks waaaaaagh banner to the big &#39;uns. And hopefully my great shaman wont miscast because i do get the re-roll from the staff, an extra +1 from the wotnotz if i need it, and my lvl 2 shaman wont be casting unless he gets a really good spell and within range. He is mostly there just to generate more power dice.

Do you think that my black orc big boss should be in one of the chariots or in the big &#39;uns unit?

Closed Thread