The sportsmanship of character sniping - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

The sportsmanship of character sniping

Good morning everyone.

I played a few games over the weekend, and in all of those games, I managed to charge my Tomb Scorpion into my opponent's units, put all of its attacks into a mage/BSB that was in the unit, and snip their heads off.

I felt kinda bad for my opponent. But then I figured, that's why I take the Scorpion in the first place.

What are your thoughts on how sportsmanlike it is to bring things in your army specifically designed to kill characters in this fashion? Scorpions, Cannons, Alter Wood Elf Nobles and the like.
    Do you think it's something that should be avoided in friendly games for the sake of fun.
    Or is it just part of the game and overall tactics to disable enemy magic/leadership with suicide squad charges?

Anyways, let's get a discussion going here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Nothing wrong with it. If an opponent does not protect his characters the right way it's ok to punish him for it. It's no different then making an opponent expose their flank and charing into it.

The frowned upon sniping is when you target a unit with a cannon and purposely overshoot so you will hit a mage that is well protected.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

As long as it's a legal shot in the first place, or a legal charge, then it's their fault, blow'em away!
    Rather than using Alter Nobles, Wood-Elves aught to use some friendly little Waywatchers. Let that mage/general deploy safely behind his army, I deploy after you bucko, I and I'm going in the freakin' back of the field, in some trees, about oh... 15inches away from you. I get killing blow there. Oh yeah...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Sniping's part of the game. As a VC player, I always have to worry about my necromancers. People know they can severly limit my game if they take those guys out.

It's the same way in real battles. Taking out a commander means disarray. In fantasy, it means losing a lot of points and some sort of strategic value: fighting, magic, archery, etc.

Perfectly legit, and tomb scorpions are notorious for fulfilling that function.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread