A Dwarf 500 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well normaly I would post an army of Dwarfs around about 2000 points but everyone says (( including me )) that Dwarfs should be atleast 1000 points to include artillery. Well I have decided to try and make a 500 point list just to see how it comes out.

Hero: Bob
    Runesmith

Haven't decided on equipment there are many variations I could have and I think I have thought of all of them so I would like input on which combinations you guys think will work best.

Rangers 10 : Great weapons, Light armour, Crossbows: Full command.

Thunderers 10 : Standard equipment.

I have left lots of Room for Runes+equipment for my Runesmith.

Yours Sincerely Ross

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could make a 500 point list with artillery. And it would be perfectly ok. Try it. Oh and assuming you use the border patrol rules, this list is legal. A 500 point normal battle would be silly

Thane, Ogri Hammerson
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armour
    (67?)

20 Dwarf Warriors
    Hand Weapons
    Sheilds
    Heavy Armour
    Full Command Group
    (205)

10 Thunderers
    (140)

2 Bolt Throwers
    (90)

**Total 502 Points**

I think it would work well in a small game. You have to protect you artillery, but your sturdy warriors should be able to fend of what remains of the enermy. At short range, shooting at dark elven warriors (I know you play against dark elves) your 10 thunderers should kill 4-5 warriors so before they reach you expect to kill about 10-12 warriors. Also a bolt thrower hit could kill 3-4 warriors on impact. Well i think it would work but you might have trouble against a 100% dedicated shooting force.

Give it a go so what you think.

also drop those rangers in your list, there *17* points each which IMO is too much in a small game. Instead get a solid block of infantry
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea I would have thought about it more but I needed something to do devising a 500 point list seemed simple enough, also Spike you haven't emailed me lately!

Yes I was thinking of having some Bolt-Throwers but I chose Rangers because they can shoot and are good in combat rather than bieng out-shot or out-powered in combat. Yes numbers are small but dwarfs because there rock 'ard' will always be small. What do you think?
    Yours Faithfully Ross

Closed Thread