Welcome to Librarium Online!
Well I've been looking at a few sites and the rumours there and I was wandering if any of you have heard these:
(BTW most of these are confirmed or comfirmed as much as possible without it being ammited)
There will be 20 characters (new and re-done old ed ones)
One of which my be Finubar the Seafarer (the HE Phoenix King)
Be'Lakor is getting a model and rules
Archon's attacking Middenhiem in a attempt to stop Ar-Ulric proclaming Valten as COS. Meanwhile a Von Carstein force will attack him in the side (if he kills all the humans, what are they going to eat?), also Valten's story is suppose to have a huge twist in it.
I know four special characters will be Elector Counts of the Empire, but one of the secret ones is suppose to be a HE character that has featured in the fluff alot but has never had rules (I'm thinking Finubar, also the fact that the HE are getting a sea guard army kinda points in his direction).
There is also meant to be a betrayal, but no-one will say who and which side. But it's guessed that Archon is going to Middenhiem to stop Ar-Ulric Valten annointment or there is a artefact under the city that he wants, it's also rumoured that a guardian Templar of the city will arise from the depths and help.
Anyone know anything about these?
BTW here's consept art for Valten 3:
Yes, ive heard all these and more.
My guess for the betrayal is two fold, first of Belkor is going to stap Archaon in the back, since the last thing he wants is a 5th chaos god. Finally it has been said someone on the good side is a betrayer as well. For the life of me i dont know who.
Finubar is a good bet for the seafarer special character.
The Vampires being on the good side is a nice twist and Im sure they did that since the three biggest armies played are skaven, chaos and vampires and if all three were on the same side in SOC the outcome would be the good guys going down.
Also archaons army is all mortals and for his 'seige' he has a hellcannon thing manned by chaos dwarves for his army list.
and its not COS, which i dont know what your implying its COL or Champion of Light.
Previous champions include a dwarf, two elves, and one Human who later became a god.
A few armys are going to get lists (mosts just modifications on prestent lists) The ones I know about are black orcs, chaos dwarves, slaneshi dark elves, sea guard, clan eshin, and dwarf slayers. These are only what I have heard about, so Im not to sure about truths, though I do belive that each one will merrit one or two special characters.
Actually Valten is COS (Champion Of Sigmar) if you look at his entry in WD it states he's the COS, and GW has deniyed that Valten is COL. They will not let on who is, but it's not him.
The COS has to go to Middenhiem to be annointed as the reincarnation of Sigmar, in some fluff somewhere Magnus the Pious walked through a flame under the city to prove to the people that he was in fact chosen and to get their support. It was also Ar-Ulric who crowned Sigmar and does to all the Emperors (they need his blessing), it's this that Archons trying to stop. If he stops the annointment, who's going to stop him?
As for Be'Lakor I figure he'll try to possess Valten and kill Archon (or try) but for the betrayal on the good side what about the Grand Theogenist? As for the COL no-one knows who it is, this may have nothing to do with the campaign but in the new Mark Of Herasy novel it refers to a dwarf that blessed by the gods and has a special future before him. Maybe he could be COL?
As for the armies most have basically been confirmed:
Grimgor's Boyz (Complete Black Orc army)
Archon's Seige force (With seige cannon manned by Chaos Dwarfs)
Dwarf Slayer army (All slayers, led by the Slayer Kings son)
It should also include:
Slannesh Dark Elves
Clan Eshin list
High Elf Sea Guard Force
Daemon army (Probably led by Be'Lakor)
As for the special characters there should be a few for each army or main army. Four have been confirmed to be Elector Counts, one maybe Finubar the Seafearer, maybe one for the DE will be N'Kai? (the Slannesh daemon sent to plauge the line of Aenorion), no-one knows so well just have to wait and see.
add von carsteins and bretonians errantry lists to king ulrics list and your spot on.
Yay for me!
I also know that the third version of Valten will be riding a horse that's related to Tyrions and he will be wearing rune encrusted Dwarven armour. And his model should match up with Archon's (so it looks like he's challenging him).
yea their is a concept sketch floating aroudn somewhere he looks rather impressive but older too.
Yeah, it's in my first post
Also new Chaos warriors are going to be released, the boxed set is said to be 15 (but not confirmed). Also they should be getting a chaos mutaion sprue that is god specific, and these might be out one per quater (again unconfirmed):
New Chaos Warriors
Also there is a rumour that Ogre Kingdoms will be released in time for SOC, and they will be playing a part in the campaign.
Lets set the record straight here:
1) The Emperor is crowned by the Grand Theogonist. There has not been a Middenland Emperor in 1,500 years. Ar-Ulric crowned Sigmar and it is assumed he crownd Ulrican Emperors but the last one was Count Mandred Skavenslayer. During the time of the three Emperors it was only performed by the Grand Theogonist which ended abruptly in the Year of our Lord Sigmar 1979. It did not commence again until Magnus the Pious. Since then there has only the Grand Theogonist has crowned Emperors. We must remember, Ulricans do not believe that Sigmar is a god and I doubt Valten will have to do any kow-towing to the old religion. Ar-Ulric supported the Elector Count of Middenland against Karl Franz but Karl Franz still won. Regardless, Ar-Ulric's blessing for Sigmar's Champion is quite meaningless. Valten is not becoming Emperor, that was decided in two WD's ago.
2) Morkar, first Lord of the End Times, was defeated by Sigmar who was born a god, he did not become one. It is unknown who beat the Lord of the End Times between then and IC 2000. I cannot find my Hordes of Chaos book but a Dwarf may have killed the second one but I think what happend was he was a smith and forcibly bound the demon U'Zuhl into a sword which was wielded by the second one and now Archaon. In IC 2000 Belakor took over the body of the LOTET and made HQ in Mordheim- eventually withering and dying on its own accord no champion of good stopped him. Asavar Kul was killed by Magnus who presumably became a saint (Magnus not Asavar). That brings us to Archaon. Assuming this summer will not be the end of the Old World - GW will figure out a way to kill Archaon - probably through Valten but just a likely through Belakor. No one defeated Belakor - he was brought low by the Dark Gods.
3) Despite what everyone is saying - there has NEVER EVER been a champion of good in which all gods of the good pantheons rally around. Not Magnus, not the HE twins not Sigmar, not Grimnir, not Aenarion (a name of one of Aragorn's descendents in LOTR in case anyone was wondering). The Gods of good pick there own champion from their respective races. The only exception to this is possibly Gotrek who possibly has the dual blessings of Sigmar and the Dwarfen gods. I have come to the conclusion that there is in fact, no COL. WH history vindicates this claim. There never has been a single COL - always a motley crue from HE Dwarfs and Empire (sorry Brettonia, Dogs of War, and Wood Elves (I am omitting Lizardmen in this argument for obvious reasons).
4) The Armies of Light would NEVER EVER under any circumstances, ally with Vampires. I don't get why everyone thinks this is a possibility. I know - I know they are alarmed their "cattle" might be slaughtered but I can guaruntee (sp) that Sigmar's people and Dwarfs (think of the slayers! It would be a cold day in hell before they fight with skeletons and Vampires. You may as well suggest they take tea with greenskins) would never accept an alliance with Sylvania! Does anybody remember the Vampire Wars!?!? Does anybody remember that the Queen of the Lhamians (Anne Rice *cough cough* the Vampire Chronicles *cough cough*! resides in a Dwarf hold? No, my friends---Vampires will remain at odds with the forces of light.
5) Finubar - well this is actually plausible- however unlikely. Finubar "The Seafarer" is well - he's not exactly - oh why don't I say it - a warrior! Tyrion not only outclasses entirely but has been leading the forces of the HE for quite a while. In the fluff for Eltharion's blood feud with Malekith it even states that there was great shock among the HE court, not to mention all of Ulthuan, when Finubar bowed in gratitude to Tyrion for saving the Queen. Tyrion seems not only to take Finubar's place on the battlefield but probably his place in the Queen's bedchamber. As we know from the Conclave of Light, Teclis is already in the Old World, and my guess is that Tyrion will be coming soon, once again leading the Elven armies in the Phoenix King's (how lame, he still can't even get thier crown back) absence as usual. Eltharion will probably be launching a massive invasion of Naggaroth for the showdown with Malekith.
Could it be? Can it be true? Are they making *gasp* cool Chaos Dwarfs? I hear good things but only time can tell... lets hope they do not look like silly Babylonian midgets still.
â€œCry â€˜Havocâ€™ and let slip the dogs of war!â€? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I
Well that's a lot to say, he's my reply.
Sigmar was crowned by Al-Ulric, your right and I was wrong about the Emperor's. I'm sorry about that, but for the whole Empire to survive they will need the entire land working as one. So to do this Valten will have the blessing of the Sigmarites (which he has, as he's Sigmar reincarnated) and he will need the blessing of the Ulricans. The only way to do this would to have Al-Ulric bless him and proclaim him savour of the Empire, btw the same happened with Magus the Pious. Magnus had to pass through a sacred flame to prove himself to Al-Ulric and thus gaining their support and uniting the Empire. This is what Archon wants to stop and is why he's targetting Middenhiem.
Ok I know Sigmar was born a god, where did I say he wasn't? The second Everchosen was indeed defeated by a dwarf hero Grunrir Goldfist, the daemon was bound into the sword by the second one, who was then defeated by the dwarf. And I know Be'Lakor possessed one of them and took the body to Mordheim. Where he took the name "The Shadow Lord", he when here because of the large amount of warpstone there he thought if he could gain enough power he could stop his doom and not sink into madness again. But he discovered that without the warpstone he could not go anywhere, and he destroyed the body in his rage thus sinking back into madness. He then tryed to use the power from the Island of Albion to free himself but again failed, although he did gain enough power to stop himself from going back into madness. Yep Magnus defeated him (with the power of Sigmar within him, I believe there's a story about this battle) and he became know as "Magnus the Pious" and was voted as Emperor. Also where did I say that Be'lakor was defeated? I know he wasn't, he thought he was better that the gods and scorned them. This earnt him the wrath of Tzeentch, how cursed him and made him a spirit who has to annoint the Everchosen, by guiding them to the items they need and placing the crown upon their brow.
There has been one, in the Hordes of Chaos army book at the back when it tells you about the Everchosen of the past, here it says. It says that for each Everchosen an advasary has arisen to confrom him, he is blessed but it is unsure wheather he is blessed by all the gods or what. But one always arises! And how does Gotrek have the blessing of Sigmar? He has the blessing of the Dwarven gods yes (well he does weild Grimnir's lost axe, the axe of a god), but when did he get Sigmars? (Page 104, last paragraph in first coloum. Starts "Over the next fifteen....")
I never said they were allies, just that the Von Carsteins are going to attack Archon's hordes from another side. This has been confirmed and the list will be led by Mannfred Von Carstein himself with no Necromancers what so ever. The VC will attack Archon because they want the Empire and the world, and with the Four CGs with it do you think they would share? Thought not. And watch your tongue about what you say about dwarfs! Drinking tea with greenskins!!
**Sounds of an axe being sharpened**
Erm, all Phoenix Kings are warriors. They may not be the best but they are one, and do you remember the seige of the Phoenix Gate? (story in the HE book). In it the DEs besiged Lorien and then Tyrion came to lift it, and when the DEs attention was divided the Phoenix King Finubar and his forces came out of the city and fought their way to Tyrion. And I believe Finubar was they first ones out leading from the front, but all Phoenix Kings are warriors. Don't you remember Aenarion, Caledor, Caledor II (who made the Dwarf High King fight him for hours without even attacking him once) are you saying that the PK is a weakling and can't fight? The Phoenix King are chosen because of their grace at court, their political ablity and their strenght at arms (I believe). So while they may never be the greatest or strongest of warriors they can still hold their own. Yes Tyrion is the greatest general of this time because why?... He's bloody Aenarion reborn! He's the greatest and strongest of fighter in the realm and he comes from the bloodline of Aenarion, and is protected by his fore-father and the Elven gods. I think Tyrion will help Eltharion with his assault on Naggaroth, Teclis is in the old world (I forgot about that ) and he will help prepare the defences. BTW do you really think it's that easy to walk up to the Dwarven High King and say "I want my crown back"? The dwarfs don't forget a grudge (even if it started for the wrong reason) and they will not give it back until they are recompensated. And this will take a lot of gold for the years of intrest
And yes I've heard that the CD are coming back, without the hats and with no slave greenskins.
Oh, to to fully clear things up NO character from the army books out (with stats) will be killed! NONE, NADA, NOTHING! this INCLUDES Archon! (I mean would you make a model that cost Â£16 odd then kill him off half ayear later? So that he can never be used again? I think not, the same goes for the rest. But they maybe killing off some of the old characters, and they ones in WD are still vunrable (including VALTEN).
Ok rant over, time to rest and recouperate.