Autokills - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autokills

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Autokills

I'd like to explore a concept: weapons or units that, with a single shot during 1 phase, can destroy the entire opposing army. These can be through direct damage (Orc Warpath Spell, Squig Hopper, any others?), or through Psychological effects like panic, fear and terror (Hellcannon, Flame Cannon, Screaming Skull Catapult, Terror-causing monster, Comet-heavens spell, etc.).

My questions to everyone:

1. What does everyone think is the 'best' single shot autokill, for whatever reason?

-I vote for the Hellcannon, and some lucky terror/panic tests. I've used this to completely annilate gunline armies before, as they tend to clump in a corner around their war machines. It makes me happy to outshoot a shooty army with Chaos! :w00t:

2. Does anyone know of any direct damage autokills that I have missed? (i.e. does not rely on psychology tests, but can outright kill an entire army if sufficiently lucky. The above items have the form 'hit-one-unit-choose-another,' which is common for magic weapons on models within a unit, but applies to entire units in this case.)

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not opening this thread to bash any particular weapon/unit/army. I'm trying to explore a concept that intrigues me, as it has strategic implications for army building. After all, if every once in a while you get lucky with a single spell/weapon/unit (?) that can destroy an army, it seems like you'd want to include such spell/weapon/unit in your army every time you got the chance. Plus it is interesting to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thank you that you took this out of the O&G forums, and i retract my former statement of FYADIAF. My assumption was that someone ripped you a new one with orcs and you came to flame them. I guess assume really does make an "ass" out of "u" and "me" (Bad News Bears FTW.)

My vote goes to a pent up Comet of Cassandora. Those things rape :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

No problems, and thanks for your vote!

I've never gotten lucky enough to get one of those Comets off. Its usually just dispelled or the opponent runs away from it before it can do much damage. Fortunately, noone has gotten one off on me either!

Ooohh but if I could! *BOOM* *CRATER*

Keep 'em coming people! I want a comprehensive list of autokills to watch out for/try to include!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

The one that springs to my mind is the skaven spell Plague

This can also destroy entire armies in one go

Ciao

Stonehambey

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

My favourite has to be the Hellcannon. Just the amount of destruction surprises me...

LT
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a unit of 6 chaos knights (not chosen) hit the flank of a dark elf army the other day. It just kept on going without stopping until the entire army was dead or fled off the board. Scary sight.
    Mongol General: Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Zombie Pirate's Big Bess. Read the rule on that thing. It's utterly obnoxious. If it doesn't misfire, it can devestate a wide swath of enemies.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    Zombie Pirate's Big Bess. Read the rule on that thing. It's utterly obnoxious. If it doesn't misfire, it can devestate a wide swath of enemies.
    Yes, I forgot, I was going to mention that too, it is my favourite war machine. Actually it's called Queen Bess. If everything goes to plan, your cannon ball will strike the ground, go forward x inches, and everything in between gets S10 D6 wounds no save. Frankly, 90% of everything the cannon ball runs into will be destroyed. It's devastating.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    Where are the rules on this available? I've never heard of it before.

Thanks for the contribution!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Zombie Pirates! It's on page 10.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast