Another Vc List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Another Vc List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey. I posted a blood dragon list a little bit ago and after doing a little bit of online searching, i noticed exactly how many people actually play them. Sooooooo... i decided to make up some lists using another bloodlines. I was wondering if i could get some helpful hints on this list to help me see exactly which models to buy. Please take a look at this Von Carstein list and just really blurt out anything that comes to mind. Keep in mind that I dont own any fantasy models yet, and have only seen one game and never played. have played 40K for soem time though now.

Von Carstein-2000 pts

LORD: Von Carstein Vampire lord(general; joins skeleton unit 1) w/ the von carstein ring and great weapon, magic lvl 3

HERO: Necromancer w/ magic lvl 2 and power familiar

HERO: Necromancer w/ magic lvl 2, book of arkhan, and dispel scroll

CORE: 19 skeletons w/ LA and hand weapons, full command

CORE: 20 skeletons w/ LA and hand weapons, full command

CORE: 25 zombies w/ standard

CORE: 8 gouls w/ ghast

CORE: 7 dire wolves

SPECIAL: 20 grave guard w/ shields, full command, and banner of the barrows

SPECIAL: 6 fell bats

TOTAL: 1999 pts

I know that a lot of people think that taking a lord in 2k pts isnt worth it, but i did want an average to above average power dice amount w/o taking 3 necros(which opponents would really frown upon even more) so i was left w/ that option. Plus, he only has a great weapon and isnt your average, everyday BD lord that everyone is sooooo used to seeing.

Also, where do you think that my necromancers should be? I was thinking just behind a unit of zombies or skeletons so they couldnt be seen by missile and magic missiles, and then against armies which magic doesnt really require line of sight to hurt the target or has many fliers, i was thinking of sticking them inside one of those units. Maybe i should give them barded nightmare to help them escape and give a little extra protection? thoughts on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

LORD: Von Carstein Vampire lord(general; joins skeleton unit 1) w/ the von carstein ring and great weapon, magic lvl 3
    Well im not a fan of the ring but its up to you, if i were you i would use ring of night, aura of dark magestery and some close combat weapons maybe the sword of unholy power to make you better at magic. If you have taken it for fluff the go for it. Oh, and i also think a count will do in a 2000 point game.

HERO: Necromancer w/ magic lvl 2 and power familiar

HERO: Necromancer w/ magic lvl 2, book of arkhan, and dispel scroll
    Looks good i use these to. Oh and people wont frown on 3 necromances, its what undead do, they dominate the magic phase.

CORE: 19 skeletons w/ LA and hand weapons, full command

CORE: 20 skeletons w/ LA and hand weapons, full command

CORE: 8 gouls w/ ghast

CORE: 7 dire wolves
    The skelis look good but i dont like the zombies they are only realy a raising troop and i dont even rais them, i just dont like then. I would drop them and take a small unit of black knights and a banshee.

The ghouls look good but the ghast isnt worth it, just have 8 ghouls. If you bump the wolves up to 8 then you can either have 2 ranks ore 1 long line.

SPECIAL: 20 grave guard w/ shields, full command, and banner of the barrows

SPECIAL: 6 fell bats
    The grave guard look good they will do well i think. Take the bats down to 3, they will do the same job and save points.

OrkSlugga.

P.S. The necromances i think are best in the skeli units, at the front if you get any line of sight spells, at the back if you dont.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, think that i may change the bloodline of the lord to strigoi. I would give him the xtra magic lvl, curse of the revenant, infinite hatred, and iron sinews. Do you think that this is better than the one that I have now? I know that many think that dropping the lord to a count would be best, But I dont really want 3 necros, strigoi thralls are overpriced and easily killed, and I would only take a wight lord if it was in a unit of BK's, and not to big a fan of wraiths.

anyways, would this improve my list?

o, and i dropped the ghast, kept the fell bats at 6 to get in some rear charges at crucial times, and happen to like zombies. lol. thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok time for a crahs course on vampire counts, a few things before I start, I like you're selection of the von carstein bloodline as it is my favorot and in my mind the most versatile.

Ok, first for the lord, I love the carstein ring and it makes him a really tough cookie, but then you dont get all his great abilities primarily aura of dark magesty and walking death which I have found to be quite useful.

Second, I would drop the fell bats to 3, because as it has been said before they will do the same for you for half the points, with those points you can bump your grave gaurd up to 25 and make them outnumber almost anything they face.

About the zombies, I know you said you like them and I can see where you are coming from but beleive me, its better just to raise them than to spend the points on them. And of course they are really easy to summon so that makes them very apealing to me. But here is my reasoning for no zombies, they have horrible stats, attack last, no armour, and since you have 50 of them thats 300 points, thats a big block of black knights or lots of dire wolves. I know you're army will seem a bit small, but i found that its best for undead to spend most of their points on eliteunits and characters and start with only one or two big blocks of core, then in game you can just raise the rest. And this would work especially good for you seeing as you have 10 power dice!

The rest looks pretty good to me, hope this helped.

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, yes i think that strigo lord sounds cool. Oh but try to make your own model, the strigo look like hairless bears if you ask me.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that i am like the only person that actually doesnt mind the model. I think that with a nice paint job, he will look alright.

Closed Thread