1000pt High Elf Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K here goes...

Mage lvl1, Annulian Crystal, Heavens Magic w/ second sign of amul 135pts

Mage lvl2, Jewel of the Dusk, Ring of Fury, Steed, High Magic 187pts

Commander, Hvy Armour, Add Hnd Wpn, Reaver Bow 118pts

14 Spearmen, Mage lvl1 and Commander go here, Full Command 195pts

10 Archers 110pts

7 Silverhemls, Mage lvl2 goes here, Hvy Armour, Shields, Full Command 165pts

5 Shadow Warriors 90pts

1000pts

The only things that i have and dont use in this army list is; 1 shadow warriors and silver helm + 8 archers.

What do u think the next best puchase will be? I am thinking about another 16 spearmen + a boltthrower or two. I will mainly be going up against chaos and dark elves.

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Id suggest another RBT, and some spearmen. Good thinking. Also, when you progress, Id get some Ellyrian Reavers as well, if I were you, and some more Silver Helms (for the punch of them) . But generally, go core inf and magic/shooting vs Dark Elves. Seems like the way to go, in my opinion.

For your list, Id give the Commander a Shield for protection vs shooting.

Also, Id give barding to your lvl2 mage's steed, as she needs the protection she can get.

I'd actually let the infantry mage roam free, as i feel its better protected outside the unit. The unit will get into hth, thus the mage would most likely get beaten down. Same goes for the lvl2 mage. Let it wander behind the SH, as it gets better movement when free (as a single character), though its not that protected there.It would get raped if you are fighting a shooty DE and the SilverHelms get into HTH, thus making your mage the closest target for his crossbowmen...

Other than that, I love your list. Clean, simple, fluffy.

We like it alot.

Oh, for chaos, you might want to get rid of the archers and replace them with some more SilverHelms, since Chaos tend to be armoured to the teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ok except that 3 characters is too much in 1000 points. It's probably just because you don't have enough regular troops yet.

Archers could be useful if your opponent takes marauder horsemen or dark riders, but your probably better chucking a volley of RBT shots at them.

A mage charging is a bad thing, although i have been tempted to do it a couple of times (Due to watching lotr and gandalf charging all the uruks at helm's deep) but i managed to resist the temptation.
    Next get another box of silverhelms then you can have 3x5 (i use 5x5 in 1500pts and it's effective) then another box of spearmen + RBT, if you know your opponent is using warmachines then a Great eagle is very important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want an allcav army (id reccomend it myself), get more Silver Helms, as Anderson says here. Its a hardstriking and mobile choice.

In my 1k game i have two SH units, 1 DP unit, 1 EReavers unit, and a chariot. And a mage, of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k thx for the advice, im still going for the spearmen + RBT but i will get some more silverhelms after that and a chariot. I dont want to have an all cavalry army(sounds powerful but i want a strong infantry base in my army).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find mixed lists don't always work that well (Infantry and cav) because it hits in waves rather than all together at the right time right place like an elven army should, if you really want to go infantry (trust us cav is fun and good to play with) then don't have too many SH units, maybe just 5 on each flank for support.
    If your going for infantry swordmasters are almost essential.

Closed Thread