Dwarf 3000 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lords And Heros

Lord
    Great Weapon
    Master rune of Gromril
    Rune of Resistance
    Master Rune of Spite

Lord
    Master rune of Alric the mad
    Rune of Cleaving
    Rune of Fury
    Gromril Armour
    2 Runes of Iron
    Sheild

Thane
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armour

Runesmith
    3 Runes of Spell Breaking
    Gromril Armour
    Hand Weapon
    Sheild

Runesmith
    Master Rune of Balance
    Rune of Spellbreaking
    Gromril Armour
    Sheild
    Hand Weapon

Core Units

25 Warriors
    Hand Weapons
    Heavy armour
    Sheild
    Full Command

25 Warriors
    Great Weapons
    Heavy Armour
    Sheild
    Full Command

16 Warriors
    Hand Weapons
    Shields
    Heavy Armour
    Full Command

16 Warriors
    Great Weapons
    Heavy armour
    Sheilds
    Full Command

12 Crossbowmen

12 Crossbowmen

12 Thunderers

Special Units

15 Iron breakers
    Full Command
    (Standard Equipment)
    2 Runes of Sanctuary

Cannon 135
    Rune of Forging

Cannon 125
    Rune of Fortune

Cannon 200
    Rune of Forging
    Rune of Fortune
    Master Rune of Defence

Total Points – 2999
    Modals in Army – 134

The Idea behind the list is similar to most dwarf armies. It has enough firepower to bring the enemy forward (After taking heavy damage from the cannons – which are efficantly designed to be reliable) Then I close in on them with loads of clansmen.

Well what do you think? And any help would be appreciated (im looking at you here flamebeard )

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I admire such a list. I must say this army will stand it's ground vs anyone although

and yes you can hear the but here,

What about more thunderers I know they don't shoot as far as the crossbows, but they are your cheapest game equalisers I mean with the S they have the special rule, no movement restriction and more I mean "Hello, mr massive orc greet my little friend the dwarf handgun."

Also where are your engineers or at least some runes on each of the cannons to prevent them blowing up. A good idea especially against horde armies is the warmachine of the ancestors and forces of the WoV the ST I mean longer range than cannon, cheaper, more destructive and still have the ability to put runes on it.I mean the ST is your answer to the question " How am I gonna stop his army outnumbering mine?"

These are a few points, hope I helped in whatever way you deam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gratnuk@Jan 24 2004, 08:10
    Man I admire such a list.
    Thanks!

I did put runes on the cannons to stop them blowing up

I dont need engineers, my guess is pretty good and cannons are easy to aim. I used cannons rather than stonethrowers because i usually play lizardmen and i find cannons more effective at getting through the skink screen.

Im gonna get some more thunderers, the only reason i only put in one unit is because i only have one. but soon i'll get another!

Any answer to the question ''how am i gonna stop his army out numbering mine?'' is - ''blast it to bits untill its the same size as mine :lol: :lol: :lol: ''

Thanks for all your help!

Neo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would make the units bigger cause u need the outnumber
    Just in case!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say it neo, but i could say the same thing about ur 2000points, 32 modal chaos army ! :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many more thunderers are you going to get?
    I reckon 18, with shields, on a hill and no command will sort out anything trying something funny.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Good lord, nice combo of runes, just what armour are you giving him? Again nice second lord choice, I see he's going for anti-armour. Again he should do well and not much will stand in his way, when he starts to swing that axe of his. Although maybe consider dropping him as two combat characters is good but for his pts you could get another unit of warriors or Thunderers etc.

Good Thane give him the Rune of Stone to increase his survivablity. Except maybe thing about making him a BSB? Just give him a good AS or/and a ward save? Good choice with the Runesmiths, nice combo of runes. Maybe give them a GW incase he gets into combat, S6 is nothing to laugh at

Well a good choice in core units, but I would be inclined to drop the GWs of the big 25 warrior unit and give them to the second 16 warrior unit. This way when they come to you you make sure they meet you main HW/Shield units head on and your smaller units flank them or take 10 from the large units (five per unit) and add a small unit of 10 GW warriors for flanking or boost the smaller units to 20 each.

I would probably take one more Thunderer unit, they are better than Crossbowmen because of their move and shoot/short range rules. Also plant one of these on the flank and not many units wil be willing to walk into such a thing. Other than that it looks quite good.

For you main combat unit, I would either go for Hammerers or Longbeards. Hammerers are great for anchoring a unit in combat, with their stubborn ability they won't be in a hurry to flee (unlike Ironbreakers if they take a few casulties).

Also the cannons runes aren't that good IMO you're spending way too much on them, all they need is a Rune of Forging and then one with Rune of Fire and other with Rune Of Reloading. This makes them all different or leave one with no runes, but I would suggest a different war machine or two. A ST (maybe drop two cannons and add two BT). It will give you better variation and you should be able to cause more if not at least the same amount of damage with these.

IMHO you've got a little OTT with missile fire, it's good to have some to weaken them but I doubt you'll do enough to make them run or you'll have to spread your fire and it won't be as effective.

If I was you I would maybe drop the main unit size to 20 (maybe one of 25) and add another special unit, I would go Longbeards. Maybe make the Thane a BSB, then give him either a Rune banner or Rune armour.

But hey these are just my thoughts, so don't take them to heart. But if I can help again or if these helped then just ask.

Closed Thread