Warhammer Fantasy Army Selector - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Warhammer Fantasy Army Selector

Originally posted by Grimbog Elf Ater with alterations by DavidVC04.

Greetings Fantasy Battle lovers!

What follows is a list of generic army types that fantasy armies come under. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, but merely a starting place for new players. Hopefully this list of commonly asked questions will help to steer you towards which army you would be most interested in.

I want and army that's the best at close combat, with minimal tactical thinking.
    Armies to consider: Beasts of Chaos, Brettonians, Dwarves, Hordes of Chaos, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs.

I want and army that's good at close combat with some tactical thinking involved.
    Armies to Consider: Beasts of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dogs of War, Empire, High Elves, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts.

I want an army that's cavalry-based and fast
    Armies to Consider: Brettonians, Dark Elves, High Elves, Hordes of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms.

I want an army that can shoot apart an enemy before they even reach me
    Armies to Consider: Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Empire, High Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves.

I want an army of skirmishers, hit and run guerilla style tactics are for me!
    Armies to Consider: Beasts of Chaos, Dark Elves, High Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Wood Elves.

I'd like to have an army that really is a true horde.
    Armies to Consider: Empire, Lizardmen (skinks), Orcs and Goblins (with emphasis on the Goblins), Skaven, Vampire Counts with scads of skeletons and zombies, especially the latter.

At the end of the day, all I really care about is how erratic and fun my army is to play!
    Armies to Consider: Orcs and Goblins and Skaven.

I want the best looking models in the fantasy range to paint up.
    Armies to Consider: Brettonians, Hordes of Chaos, Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Dwarfs. (At the rate GW is going, every army will be a visual feast with the current revamping of armybooks and models).

I want an army of ruthless women!
    Armies to Consider: Dark Elves, Slaanesh (Chaos or Cult of Slaanesh), Lahmian Vampire Counts.

I'm interested in an army that is very powerful magically.
    Armies to Consider: High Elves, Hordes of Chaos - Tzeentch, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts.

I want to play a morally good army.
    Armies to Consider: Brettonians, Dwarves, Empire, High Elves, Wood Elves.

I want toplay a morally evil army.
    Armies to Consider: Beasts of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Hordes of Chaos, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Vampire Counts.

I want to play an army that are neutral morally.
    Armies to Consider: Dogs of War, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings.

I'd like to start out, but have little to no money.
    Armies to Consider: Brettonians, Dark Elves, High Elves, Hordes of Chaos, Lizardmen (no skinks), Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elves.

Curious to learn more? Visit the different Indexes in each section, or access them quickly from the Fantasy Index.

Last edited by DavidWC09; October 26th, 2006 at 00:39.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread