Hey guys got a question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys got a question

K i am posting this here cause i am not sure where to post it...sorry if it in the wrong place

Any way my question is this I recently desided to start playing warhammer again (havent played in about 10 years) so i bought the skull pass box set a few days ago but i havent opened it yet because if i do then i will be forced to play either dwarf or goblin. I basically cant afford the rule book and another army codec plus models (i am university student so i am on areally tight budget). Anyway my question is this do i have to have the rule book before i start building an army or can i get a codec and start on building/painting an army and wait to buy the rule book(prob get it for christmas).

Thanks in adavnce for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

~Moved to FB Armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

The rulebook is actually in the Battle for skull pass. You might be able to trade the loot inside with somebody else if you want a different army. Also, you dont need the rulebook to play, you just need someone who has. Why do you need 2 rulebooks to play 1 game? no. Besides, it takes time to paint, so you probably can wait till christmas for one. You can also buy the pocket rule book from battlewagonbits to and its alot cheaper... The codex for your army is important, because it gives you direction on how you wnat to build your army.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, just use the one that's in the skull pass box. From what I hear it's exactly the same as the Big Rule Book (without all the nice pics, stories, etc.). If you are considering exchanging the skull pass box for an army book and some models, I would say that you should decide on an army and get their army book and any models you like first before you buy the rulebook. You probably wouldn't be playing anytime soon, and if you do, I'm sure your opponent could help you out with any rules you may be confused about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always return it, go to battlewagon bits which there should be and advertising tag on the right side of your screen. You can buy the mini rule book their for 15 dollars i think, and then you can choose which army you want to play. Theyll give you a big discout there. And no im not advertising them, i dont work for them, im only 14. You can also buy army books there/ codexes. Anyways good luck with all that, to play either GW you either need to: Be super rich and spoiled, or take out that 3rd mortagage on your home.
    insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I didn't know the LRB (little rule book, I'm trying to start a trend!) was available for individual sale.

If it's not, then I'd just open it. You've still paid less than you would for the BRB, which, as has been said, only gives you fluff and no additional rules. Plus, you've got models that you might one day want to play or use as bits. Or trade. Or sell. Or lose in a shoebox in the closet.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea the "LRB" is sold seperately, from battlewagon bits, its under the advertising bar, if you read this post, scroll up untill you cant see this, then look to the right, faaarr right, farthest part of the screen. It should be there its like 12.99 for the LRB.
    insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

+ Reply to Thread