Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
What army would you say was the easiest to use and what one the hardest. This breaks into 3 categories:
1. Easiest to start off with - simple tactics for beginners, easy special rules
2. Easiest to play well - easiest to win games with against other experienced players.
3. Tournements - armies where you can make a list that will take on anything (and these armies do better in tournies)
In my opinion
1. Empire - can just use infantry, simple war machines, not many special rules
2. Dwarfs - form a shooting line, simple as that. Very dull but wins a lot
3. High Elves - such a good mix of shoot, fight, fast and magic. usually does very well.
*Moved to FB Armies*
personally ill have to say the following.
though i might want to say that dwarf gunlines in fact rarely work. dwarves seem simple on the surface and can be played simply.... to master them however is a different matter, took me 2 years of playing to learn this one. the Strongest dwarf armies are the ballenced ones and quite often present the most fun. the only dwarf gunlines that do work tend to make use of thorek ironbrow or a regular anvil and the expoitation of certain parts of the dwarf army. a true dwarf lord wins with his rock hard infantry not his warmachines :yes:
spambot kill tally: 79
[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
[00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^
I agree that Dwarf gunlines aren't the best way to use them, but 40 crossbowmen do make a certain impact!! Dwarfs are the classic "easy to learn difficult to master" as they can be played simply and beat simple opponents, but to beat better players tailored against your force you need to be a ery good general, hence I gave up using dwarfs :blink:
Also shooting lines are THE most boring army to play with/against.
I found vampire counts pretty easy to learn with. Since they're unbreakable fear-causers, you don't have to worry about psychology. Plus, they require numbers and flanking to win combats, something crucial for all armies, but something nearly absolute for VC. This forced me to learn what I see as fundamentals for playing WHFB well.
1. Easiest to start off with - Empire
2. Easiest to play well - Dwarfs or Lizardmen. High toughness and armour helps a lot.
3. Tournements - Typical Skaven tourney lists.
But...I play dawi and lizards...:cry:Easiest to play well - Dwarfs or Lizardmen
And I tend to lose quite a lot
I also play(ed) lizzies and dwarfs, and I also am rubbish (but I think that has to do with my dice rolling as well)
3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
Vassal Record 1-2.