Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarf 2000pts

936 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Spike_alike 
#1 ·
ok this army is based on my opinion that a normal dwarf can do just as well as a long beard/hammerer/iornbreaker unit and any thing that they cant can be blown to bits so here gos

hq 380pts

rune lord with rune weapon and gromril armor
1 rune of fury and one rune of cleaving
rune smith with rune weapon and gromril armor
rune of cleaving

core 1080pts
15 warriors with great weapons and heavy armor
60 warriors in 3 units with sheilds and heavy armor
30 crossbows in two units with sheilds

special 515
2 bolt throwers both with runes of penitraiting and one with rune of fire
3 cannons all with runes of fortune one with rune of fire and one with swalart rune

so whatdo you think? any tips would be welcomed

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good but i think you have too much fire power. I'd also take out the enginer hes a bit rubbish. Another small point is your warmachines are illigal because (like all runic items) you have the same combinations (Single runes of forging and pene)
So take out the engineer and put on some additional runes (even if its just a rune of burning)

#3 ·
opps i forgot about that and in my opinion you can never have to much fire power muhahahahahahahahahahahaha
ill knock out the engenier as well
edits made

#4 ·
aha now its better! Although in my opinion too much firepower can lose it for you - although you do have units to protect them once the combat ensures.

Well thats just my opinion (And my beard grows long :D 5000 points to date!)

Edit: Have a look at my 1500 points list. To become 2000 points i pretty much add a lorde and an organ gun. its located HeRe!

#5 ·
Originally posted by Arklite@Feb 15 2004, 14:40

2 bolt throwers both with runes of penitraiting and one with rune of fire
I love that idea, ditch the two cannons get another character for the pints then keep these two to whip, squier and kil any enemy warmachine opposition.

Bolt thrower, bolt thrower,we love you, yes we do. Bolt thrower, bolt thrower, we love you yes we do.

#6 ·
k here is a revised one :)

hq 139pts

rune lord with rune weapon and gromril armor
1 rune of fury and one rune of cleaving

core 1360pts
75 warriors in 3 units with sheilds and heavy armor
10 thunderers

special 500
4 bolt throwers
1 cannon with rune of fortune
15 iorn breakers

better?

#7 ·
First things first why a RUNELORD?? The only reason to ever take this guy is either for the AoD or if you really need some anti-magic support as well as a Runesmith.

I would swap him for a lord and tool him, for combat or whatever you want him to do. But if you must take a Runelord then why no anti-magic runes? The whole point of him is to stop magic so give him runes of spell breaking etc. But I would much prefer to take a normal lord and a runesmith or two, this should give you fighting power and more than enough to counter most magic.

Also five war machines is a bit much in 2k so I would drop two maybe even three, the pts can be better spent else where. I would also drop the X-bows to two units of 10 or even just the one, with the thunderers and the war machines I think you have the missile fire aspect of your army settled.

I would use the spare pts from these to bump up the Ironbreakers to 20 with full command and rune banner or change them to either Hammerers or Longbeards, I would also concider a gyrocopter or another rare choice and a another hero. If you go for the lord then add an runesmith with runes of spellbreaking, but if you go for the RLord then go for a combat Thane. But for both options if you can afford another hero then do so, either a thane (can be BSB) or a runesmith.

#8 ·
ok ill try this again
hq 220
thane with gromril armor, sheild and a rune weapon
runes: master rune of swiftness and rune of cleaving
thane with rune gromril armor, sheild and a rune weapon
runes: rune of stone rune of fury and rune of cleaving

core 1360pts
75 warriors in 3 units with sheilds and heavy armor
10 thunderers

special 410
2 bolt throwers
1 cannon with rune of fortune
20 iorn breakers

better? (again?)

#9 ·
Looks a bit better, but I think you should drop your main warrior units down to make room for a Runesmith. At 2k your four dispel dice won't be doing much to stop all the spells, but five with a few dispel runes will.

I still think you could do without the second crossbowman unit, so I would use those pts else where. Also the cannon would be better off with the Rune Of Forging and do your units have command groups? If not give them one, especially the Ironbreakers. These will then be able to take a rune banner if you have the pts.

Other than that it looks ok

#10 ·
Yes this ones better but i would try to include a lord. The extra LD is very good, and he can be incredably strong. Even if you dont give him many magic items hes still better than a tooled up thane. I always feel safer when hes around

#11 ·
so take out a thane and add a lord?

ill have to lose out on the cannon or somthink

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.