Favorite Armies in WFB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Favorite Armies in WFB

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beasts of Chaos

3 18.75%
  • Bretonnia

2 12.50%
  • Dark Elves

3 18.75%
  • Dwarfs

3 18.75%
  • Empire

3 18.75%
  • High Elves

0 0%
  • Hordes of Chaos

3 18.75%
  • Lizardmen

3 18.75%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

3 18.75%
  • Orcs and Goblins

1 6.25%
  • Skaven

1 6.25%
  • Tomb Kings

2 12.50%
  • Vampire Counts

3 18.75%
  • Wood Elves

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
    Junior Member Anonymously Canadian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite Armies in WFB

Tell me which are your favorite armies. So I can see the most liked and disliked armies.

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

There is a FB armies section (here) built to handle all of your topics related to the various FB armies available.

As for your question in general, I think you may find the answer being largely dependent on the context of your question. Can you clarify the question? Right now it appears that the question addressed in this thread would be better posed in the sticky thread, but I'll reserve judgment for now.
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; June 23rd, 2007 at 23:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

C'mon, folks - we've got 4 voters in this poll and not a single post in response. Does anyone have something to contribute?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I voted for Vampire Counts, because they are my first and only army, and because I like vampires and skeletons. The army just works for me.
    I also voted Dark Elves, because I like the models and the fluff, and they will be my next army (already bought warriors and chariots).
    I also like Empire, because of their warrior priests, they are just very cool for me, and I contemplated starting them a while back, but went for Dark Elves. But the priests and their flaggelants appeal to me, as does most fanatics in games (in the real world they aren't so hot though ).
    I also voted Beasts, as they have that primal warrior feeling, and some very cool beastly units, like minotaurs and dragon ogres. Sometimes you just need some big guys with big weapons pounding on stuff. I would like to start a minotaur army some day, with a Doombull general. Very different from my current vampire army. Funnily I never liked Ogre Kingdoms, even though they fulfill my big-guys-with-big-weapons argument.
    I like Skaven too, but I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's just the uncountable hordes of rats out to rule the (under-)world that appeals to me. A whole race of semi-cowardly madmen (or mad rats) that win through weight of numbers, that's just cool for me.

So there you have it, apart from Empire I find myself mostly drawn to the evil armies. A little peculiar, as when I play computer games I'm mostly on the side of good, but in warhammer I'm a sucker for the baddies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb kings and bretonnia has my votes:w00t:
    I don't vote a 3ed time but like skilett I like beast too, but I don't want to vote for every army!

Junior Member Anonymously Canadian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry that the question wasnt too clear.

All I want is for people to vote for the arny they like the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two main choices I picked were Lizardmen and Hordes of Chaos, mostly because they really suit me personally. The other two - being the ones I'm considering the most gathering up in the near future - are Dark Elves and Vampire Counts; mostly because I happen to fancy evil elves and undead legions.

To be honest, it really all depends on what you really like and what tactics you prefer to utilise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but in a multiple vote poll I assume I can vote more than once. If I had to stick with one favorite, I'd have to go for my only army at the time, Vampire Counts.

And just a note: one of the strengths of these type of games are the diverse armies, and the fact that all of them are played to some extent, so in the long run your poll will probably show an almost equal usage of all the armies, therefore making the poll useless. Don't mean to be harsh, but that's how I see it. I love the fact that not everyone love the vampires as I do, as that would lead to a whole lot of games against the same army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha ha you guys proved my point. No one likes an elf !

I voted for chaos, they have the coolest models I think as well as some of the coolest playing styles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by skilett View Post
    Sorry, but in a multiple vote poll I assume I can vote more than once. If I had to stick with one favorite, I'd have to go for my only army at the time, Vampire Counts.

And just a note: one of the strengths of these type of games are the diverse armies, and the fact that all of them are played to some extent, so in the long run your poll will probably show an almost equal usage of all the armies, therefore making the poll useless. Don't mean to be harsh, but that's how I see it. I love the fact that not everyone love the vampires as I do, as that would lead to a whole lot of games against the same army.
    Agreed completely. One of the reasons I prefer WFB over some other games (you know, some similar games set in the future) is that WFB is maybe 10% list-building / 90% strategy. There is no army that overpowers every other army, nor is there a way to min/max specific lists to make it impossible or nearly-impossible to beat. Sure, there are some cheesy lists, but the right strategy can take it down - you just have to find the strategy.

WFB is all about how you play the game, and not about which army you chose. In 40k each army has their preferred tactic and people tend to choose their army based upon the strategy then want to use. It doesn't work that way in WFB.

I don't see this poll telling us anything useful, and with 16 people voting and 4 responding, this has turned in to exactly what a poll should not be. This is a discussion forum. If you really want to extol the virtues of a particular army, there are already plenty of places to do that.

--Thread Closed--

Closed Thread