Hello Need Some Help Here:p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK this is the 4th list i posted here on teh 4th team, But this is only a thought im not going to..... No NEVER.... NEVER collect an army like this....

I just want to hear your thoughts, ok?

Ok here it is!ANd forgot to mention it is a geurilla force MSU style!

DEFENDERS OF THE GLADE
    FOREST LORD, Lord Glorvent
    LA (3)
    Bow of Loren (40)
    Hail of Doom Arrow (30)

MAGE, Lothengriol
    Level 2 (35)
    Wand of Jet (50)

MAGE, Minethlos
    Level 2 (35)
    Power Stone (25)
    Dispel Stone (25)

MAGE, Silindrin
    Level 2 (35)
    Power Stone (25)
    Potion of Knowledge (25)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Archers
    Musician (6)

5 Glade Riders
    Longbows (4)
    Musician (

5 Glade Riders
    Longbows (4)
    Musician (

10 Scout

6 Wardancers
    First Dancer (14)

6 Wardancers
    First Dancer (14)

15 Warhawk Riders
    Spear and Shields (3)
    Full Command (40)
    Warbanner (25)

1 Treeman

8 Waywacthers

Total Army Value: 2.535 pts

LORDS 1 / 1 8,2 %
    HEROES 3 / 4 18,3 %
    Characters 4 / 4 26,5 %

CORE 10 / 3+ 32,9 %
    SPECIAL 4 / 4 30,3 %
    RARE 2 / 2 10,3 %
    Total: - / - 100,0 %

POWER DICE POOL: 9
    DISPEL DICE POOL: 6
    DISPEL SCROLLS: 1
    Number of Models In The Army: 100

Well...

1) Shooty

2) Skirmsihing

3) Fast?.... No it is not very fast, At least not in the eyes of an Elf

4) Magic?... Well ì`ve seen more magic but if i exchanged to forest lord for a mage than it would be to much magic and that isnt very ...... brave.

5) MSU?... Yes IMO its very MSU becuase, There are 16 units (ok 20 with independent characters) and only 2 of them have a unit strenght of 10+.

6) 1 Main combat unit that this force cant afford to lose, Well how could u geuss, Yes u`re right the warhawk riders but u have to take risks in a battle, Besides they`re skirmishers and very... VERY fast so they wont take much casualities from shooting and... They have the next best AS in the whole WE Army.

7) 8 x Units of 5 Archers with +1 ld to rally?? Well isnt that funny??? Ok maybe not! But IMO it`S very good

THANK U FOR YOUR REPLIES

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those 5 man archer units make for quite a boring game, for you and your opponent. Maybe fit a unit or 2 of glade guard in, the would be the WE response to a big attack. If you come up against a Dragon or a Massive Goblin/skaven horde I think it could struggle, also a Dwarf, empire or skaven army could outshoot you so a couple extra combat units would be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This highlights the problem with WE armies. The honest truth is that in a game of phalax style combat,knightly charges,and duels between powerful army generals,geurilla tactics seem very out of place. Not only are they out of place,but how fun is it for your opponent if he spends the entire game failing his charges and getting shot up without ever getting into a real combat? How fun is it really for you when your army is based around hurting your enemy without ever engaging him in combat? I used to play with such wood elf armies,but i eventually came to realize just how cheesy they could be. The problem is GW didnt make them cheesy in the sense that they overpower everything,they made them cheesy in the sense that you can never strike them back adequatly. The only advice i would have on this list is:

1.Warhawk riders just suck. They have a 6+ save and no hitting power at all. For the sacrifice of 2" of movement,you can get gladeriders,which are in almost every way better. Not to mention,that unit is twice as expensive as any other unit in the army. Thats what we call putting your eggs in one basket,and is something wood elves should never do.

2. Hail of doom arrow and Acorn of Ages are quite possibly THE 2 best magic items in the game. No,they arent runefangs,or von carstein rings. But think. Will you ever NOT make your points back w/ the hail of doom arrow? It costs 30 points for what is effectivly 3 fireball spells that are auto-casted with irresistable force. As for acorn of the ages,its uses are so varied i cant list them all. The best use of it ive seen is a friend,who was facing chaos. The feild was seperated by a river one one half,and the chaos player set up 1/3 of his army there,with the intention of going over a large bridge. The WE player acorn of ages the bridge,turning it into a 6" wide forest. This effectivly took out 1/3 of the opponents army,for 55 points. Other great uses are making it pop up before a large unit of knights,or in the middle of an enemy battleline. I would never leave home without it,ever. Give your general it and the bow of loren,and a mage the Hail of Doom arrow. Its well worth the investment.

p.s:yes your lord will not have any save to speak of,but if that ever comes into play you arent using him right. A 5+ wardsave alone isnt going to save him either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Amroth@Mar 4 2004, 19:21
    1.Warhawk riders just suck. They have a 6+ save and no hitting power at all. For the sacrifice of 2" of movement,you can get gladeriders,which are in almost every way better. Not to mention,that unit is twice as expensive as any other unit in the army. Thats what we call putting your eggs in one basket,and is something wood elves should never do.
    1) 6+ save???? isnt it 6+ for mounted than 5+ for LA and than 4+ for the shield???
    ANd i didnt list the LA because its a standard equipment not an option! And their charge 20" causes 15 x WS4 S4 and 15 x WS4 S3 attacks, They should be able to rtake down some units or? In addition foes that are shooting at them suffer a -1 to hit penalty!

PS Sould i exchange some archer units for a 10 stong glade rider or 20 strong glade guard unit??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually,they dont count as mounted,so they get a 5+ save w/ the sheilds(for further proof,look at how it states clearly pegasi knights/terradons count as mounted). Atleast thats how i always viewed it. And they dont get their full 15 attacks unless their opponent is in an ungodly wide unit. They rank up just like normal skirmishers,so actually considering their large bases,in a unit of 5 wide models(typical size) you will get 3 S4 attacks and 3 S3 attacks. I just think the warhawk riders are way too flimsy and dont back enough punch for the same cost as most heavy cavalry.

As for glade gaurdians,unless you feel you need a unit with rank bonus's for that odd combat,never take them. They are the most overcosted and easily killed units(all considering) in the army,and i have yet to see someone take them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi...

Amroth is right.... I play Woodies but I only use the minimum Archers... Most of the time 2 units of 5 and a unit of 6 Glade Riders with Warbanner....

To much archers ruins the Game and the game is Important....

My list goes like this (2000 Points) I forgot the right names of the Magic Items

Archmage (lv. 4) with Scoutingcloack (goes with the Waywatchers in the forest in the middle of the table = 4 Inch you can't see him, Lore of Life does the job), Dispel scroll, Potion of Knowledge, Amber Amulet

Bladesinger with Healing potion (6 inch with the Treeman to get his 5 wounds back )

Mage (lv 2 life) with Wand of Jet

Mage (lv 2 Beast) with hail of Doom arrow and Talisman of Protection (with the Dryads cos Bear's anger on the Dryad Champ is Kickass). He will never charge with the Dryads

A list of units (numbers may vary)

2x 5 Archers

6 Glade Riders

7 Wardancers

10 Dryads

1 Treeman

6 Waywatchers

etc....

This is a WE Assault Army with the Archmage scouting with Life Magic and a Group A (Wardancers + treeman) and Group B (Dryads + Mage) Supporting by 2 units Archers and the glade Riders in the Flank.....

How this????

Greetings,

Walekith

Closed Thread