3000 undivided legion - friendly...or maybe more? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 undivided legion - friendly...or maybe more?

exalted daemon: 310
    general, undivided, 1 magic level, radiance of dark glory

2 x 10 bloodletters

2 x 10 plaguebearers

2 x 10 daemonettes

8 chaos furies

----core : 1060pts

2 x 3 bloodcrushers

2 x 3 plagueriders

2 x 5 mounted daemonettes

----special : 1260pts

daemonic chariot of khorne : 190
    extra juggernaut

daemonic chariot of nurgle : 180
    extra daemon-beast

--------

total: 3000 pts
    casting: 3
    dispel: 3

----------------

My intents about this list were mainly:
    -avoid fielding daemonic heroes, because they usually become shooting targets and nothing else, since their point cost is never matched by their efficacy (in my opinion)
    -field some powerful yet risky khorne units
    -compensate the frenzied units with normal ones, though still powerful: see nurgle. (because of the pet beasts, which i like most ...d6 be with me!!! XD )
    -try to have some speed and flanking opportunities: daemonettes on foot and mounted, plus furies

my major complains are that i cannot field commands, because i reached the point limit; then i suppose, since this is a 3000 pts match, that i'll meet an opponent who is both magic-superheavy and shooting-awesome, though not fearing close combat.

i suppose the opponent army will be either empire or skaven...i'd say i already lost on paper...what do YOU say?

cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since you helped me with mine I will post to yours lol

* You will be murdered in the magic phase end of story. Normally (at least that I have noticed) you field one Level 4 and one level 2 at 3000. You will be almost completely at their mercy during both their and your magic phase.

* You have no Lords which scares me because while yes the Lords are expensive in Hordes they can dish out a lot. Since you said you will face Skaven or Empire, I would be worried about there Lords/Heroes in units that will bloody yours badly. I doubt your units can hold up against an Elector Count/Warlord with large unit, much less your General.

* Also shooting is going to be a HUGE problem because both Skaven and Empire can be extremely heavy in shooting if the player so chooses. Cannons and Lighting Cannons will have you pinned quickly. Your flyers will have a lot of work to do if they do field Cannons and the like.

* Covered this a little already. While you have more units then most at least if I understand how you have it written, they are very small and when faced with sheer numbers of Skaven you will be in trouble. Yes, they certainly are stronger then a normal Skaven Clanrat unit, but I don't think they will hold up against a unit of Clanrats with Rat Ogre back up.

I would step up your General because yes, he may be a target and thats why you need to make him strong enough to survive on his own without a unit. I would make some of your units larger by combining a few, as I said I fear for your small units when they face the large units you certainly will face when you play the Skaven army. You need more magic by far, because you don't have enough dispel or casting dice to compete with armies that field a Lord and Hero Wizard.

Again just my opinions take them for what they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

i TOTALLY agree with your opinion, sincerely, everything you said.
    but sadly it would take me about 5000 points to have that
    i think it's the problem using chaos...and daemons especially
    so what should i drop to become more equilibrate?

thanks and bye!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said combining a few units together to make them larger will help some. Don't combine to many otherwise you will end up short.

As nice as chariots are (I am normally a TK player) I am thinking they are sink holes in this army. Keep the stronger of the two and drop the other that will free up some points for more magic or flyers.

Calvary is certainly needed but I would drop at least one unit and combine another. Or you could do 1 of each type with 5 models, and use them in a supporting role to back up your units. Thats still three units of horsemen which from what I know is more then enough. That well free up points for magic, flyers, or Chaos Spawn (Remember they are 2 for one rare choice).

Mainly focus on flyers (to remove the shooters) and Magic (so you don't get 'spelled' to death) and if you find you have more points then upgrade your general and if you still have points add Chaos Spawn with whatever mark as needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the problem is... i'm playing a daemonic legion army.

so i must stick to very strict rules: i assume you don't know the details ( true? )
    -no mortals, at all
    -in a legion there are "troop" daemons and "support" daemons and the ratio support/troop must be at least 1:1...not to mention the furies, for which the limit is 1 unit per undivided hero.

so, enlarging the core units would force me to field less cavalry and chariots.
    and since these daemonic cavalries are really powerful, i want to keep their number low, preferring to have more units for higher maneuverability, which i require for having no cc bonuses at all (except fear, remember that -if i'm lucky....:shifty.
    and their steeds are monstrous so more than 3-4 models width would probably result in a loss of attacks

regarding enemy heroes, i don't think i should fear them so much, since all the models have at least a 5+ ward save (in legion this is a normal ward save, not the usual daemonic save) and have -each- almost the killing capability of a hero (and the cost).

about magic...there is always the ward save, and to field more wizards means:
    -fielding tzeentch heralds with dispel scrolls, but i must then field 1:1 horror units (which may become useful for the 1st lvl champions)
    OR
    -fielding a daemon prince and an exalted, or more exalted deamons...but this way i would spend a lot of points in 2-3 models who will be gunned and magicked to death instantly. taking away with them dispel dice and scrolls:yes:

how hard it is to be daemon...LOL

i shall try and make some adjustments, maybe throw in a tzeentch herald and 1 horrors with champion, this way i'll get 2 dispel dice and 1 scroll...and maybe swap the exalted with a prince (but i fear the large target) and give him 3 magic levels and 1 scroll
    this is the best i can imagine: 6 dispel dice and two scrolls.

i'll let you know, bye!

+ Reply to Thread