Librarium Online Forums banner

Warband Rules. Hordes 500pt And Daemons 500pt

472 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Captain Snowball 
#1 ·
Im starting a gaming club locally here and I need a good Warband Army that will give a new player exposure to these 2 sects of the Chaos Army, as well as giving them an idea of these races strengths and weaknesses.

I am going to buy an army for each race and keep it at the Gaming Club for anyone to use as a "House Army" to introduce them to Warhammer Fantasy and hopefully get them addicted enough to buy their own stuff. I would like to have the army well rounded against all other races, and to include a good variety of unit types in order to give the new players exposure.

Here is the preliminary Hordes Army List:

Lords/Heroes

1x Exalted Champion Of Chaos; Commander, Great Weapon : 104 Pt

Core

16x Chaos Marauders; Light Armor, Shield, Full Command : 137 Pt

6x Chaos Hounds : 36 Pt

5x Chaos Marauder Horsemen; Flails, Sheilds, Musician, Standard Bearer : 103 Pt

1x Chaos Chariot : 120 Pt

500 POINTS

Here is the Preliminary Daemons Army List (RuleBook Daemonic Army):

Lords/Heroes

Exalted Champion Of Chaos; Commander, Extra Hand Weapon, Shield, Chalice Of Chaos : 141 Pt

Core

5x Mounted Daemonettes : 150 Pt

6x Flesh Hounds Of Khorne : 96 Pt

6x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle : 96 Pt

483 POINTS

-I would really like to spend up as much of the 500 as possible, especially with Daemons who have huge point cost units. Should i replace something i have with something else to maximize points? What should i fill it with? I would like to keep all Daemonic units for the sake of it.

Any pointers of ideas would be greatly appreciated since i have never played a Chaos Army before.

-goat

See less See more
#2 ·
I would try to incorporate some chaos warriors in the hordes army. They look fantastic, and the look of the models is often enough for people to buy them, and thus becoming engaged with the hobby we all love and hate.

#3 ·
I would try to incorporate some chaos warriors in the hordes army. They look fantastic, and the look of the models is often enough for people to buy them, and thus becoming engaged with the hobby we all love and hate.
I agree.

The whole reason behind house armies is to showcase and for fun. Competitiveness isn't necessarily a factor.

For the mortals, warriors, knights and a chariot make up some of the coolest looking models in the game and at 500 points you can have the following,

Aspiring champion
- Shield

10 Warriors
- Shields

4 Knights

Chariot

This doesn't include the command group(s) of the units but will look cool all painted up.

As for the minimal points cost, may i suggest you aim instead for 650 points but simply restrict the units. i.e. adding in 2 more warriors, one knight and command groups and upgrading the aspiring champion to exalted will take you to 635 points.

As for the daemons, i usually refrain form fielding anything but furies so no help there, but my advice to add 150 points on still stands.

That should be enough to fit in more substantial units or more units full stop.

The second aspect of the house army is introduction to the game, hopefully getting the player hooked. The units in the daemonic list seem a little fragile and may not be any fun to play with.

My two cents,

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.