spell breaker

----------
total:
2500 pts
12 pd
7 dd + 3 scrolls
----------

let's begin with the bad news

i'm up against empire, and i expect to face 2/3 cannons (maybe 1 mortar), 1 hellblaster, 2 flagellants, an arch lector a priest and two celestial mages.

so i thought to try and use the hellcannon, because one lucky shot of it repays its entire cost, better than 300 points of spawns and knights who will be shot down in an instant (my enemy will deploy 30-40 handgunners, TOO)

the main concern i have is, should i use the blasted standard? since i'm gonna play magic a bit on the defensive, trying to force enemy to move, i supposed that ws 5 on marauders would grant them a good extra durability...but is this a valuable use? a magic standard in marauders?

then i added trolls that may regenerate wounds from shooting and crush flagellants

chariots to crush flagellants too

and nurglings because i love them LOL

i tried a list more cc-oriented against this empire, but i never managed to get into cc with a hitting force: all chariots destroyed on 1st round, knights grinded by magic and handguns by 2nd turn, flyers too...
and then the survivors faced the unbreakable flagellants (who were downhill right in front of warmachines), resulting in chaos warriors losing from resolution because no one could prevent detachments from flank charging.
so i'm gonna change my approach completely.

let me know your opinion!

cheers