1500 pts Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

1500 pts Tzeentch

Im new to chaos and im thinkin of starting and have wrote up this list and want to know what experienced chaos players think of it before i think about buying any stuff so here it is.

Exalted chmp Tzeentch
    -gaze of the gods
    -spell familiar
    -halberd
    -sheild

Aspiring Tzeentch BSB
    -blasted std

2x 24 Marauders
    -shield, l armour
    -mus std

2x Tzeentch chariots

2x Spawn

2x 6 chaos hounds

1x 7 chaos hounds

5 Furies

3 Screamers

Total 1500pts

The plan is to use the Marauders as anvils and the chariots as hammers while the characters blast with magic and the rest deals with flankers, missile units and warmachines and generally be annoying.

Advice is much appreciated as this is all theory at the moment.

Last edited by no1cafc; August 20th, 2007 at 17:23. Reason: Update
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmmm. This looks like a really solid list. Lots of troops, a good fast moving counter attack, as some magic and daemons. To be honest the only thing I could suggest is switching the crown of everlasting conquest for gaze of the gods and the sword of might.

Best of luck with it

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

Ok ive decided to make the following changes to the Exalted that seem beneficial

Exalted Tzeentch
    -Gaze of the Gods
    -Spell Familiar
    -halberd
    -sheild

He should be just as survivable with an extra spell and a drop of 1 attack for an extra strength still at high initiative which is why he isnt having a great weapon.

He comes in 3pts cheaper which means ill also be able to add 1 hound and come in at 1500pts.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems your lacking a bit in the hard hitting department, and its nice to see that not all tzeentch players go for magic heavy :zzz:
    Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Exalted chmp Tzeentch
    -gaze of the gods
    -spell familiar
    -halberd
    -sheild

Aspiring Tzeentch BSB
    -blasted std

2x 24 Marauders
    -shield, l armour
    -mus std

2x Tzeentch chariots
    This i like.

Why doesn't your aspiring champion have a shield?

2x Spawn

2x 6 chaos hounds

1x 7 chaos hounds

5 Furies

3 Screamers
    I would drop the spawn and two units of dogs.

They arn't really necessary. Also, as was mentioned you don't really have much fast moving hitting power. Chariots are simply to slow for flanking and such.

I would increase the furies to 6 models and use the points from the spawn and dogs to try and squeeze in a unit of knights for that long range hitting power.

Besides, another magic dice can't hurt.

It seems your lacking a bit in the hard hitting department, and its nice to see that not all tzeentch players go for magic heavy
    True.

To many people try to win the game using magic and magic alone. It just can't be done. It's good to see the combination of fairly formidable magic with excellent combat potential as is truly befitting of an army of tzeentch.

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

My aspiring is a BSB so cant take any extra weapons or sheild.

Id like to keep the hounds and spawn as there are expendable and i can deploy them first so i can deploy the marauders and chariots most effectivly as they are the key to winning without a mobile hard hitting unit like knights.

I will also need to keep the marauders and at least 1 chariot alive the majority of a battle so the spawn, hounds and deamons are there to try and stop the enemy doing that. The trouble is any opponnent worth his salt will know alot of my army is invested in 2 infantry units and 2 characters. So im aware of my weaknesses and hope i have enough cannon fodder to counter it
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

My aspiring is a BSB so cant take any extra weapons or sheild.
    Ah, yes, skimmed over that bit....most irritating!

Id like to keep the hounds and spawn as there are expendable and i can deploy them first so i can deploy the marauders and chariots most effectivly as they are the key to winning without a mobile hard hitting unit like knights.
    Just be careful that in deploying your expendable units you don't end up congesting or blocking favourable deployment positions for your important units.

One of the biggest mistakes people make with lots of units is deploying things either to close together, blocking line of sight, movement etc OR too far apart meaning that when you need their support its simply too far away.

I will also need to keep the marauders and at least 1 chariot alive the majority of a battle
    The chariots in particular are your cheap magic dice. Without them items such as spell familiar become a waste of points as you simply wont have the dice needed to cast all your spells.

The trouble is any opponnent worth his salt will know alot of my army is invested in 2 infantry units and 2 characters.
    There are a lot of those floating around.

As a result i would prefer a more balanced list rather than one that rests so heavily on one or two things.

But that is up to you, you will have fun if nothing else,

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

+ Reply to Thread