Friendly VERY SMALL army list:750 undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Friendly VERY SMALL army list:750 undivided

I'm starting up a new army, my first proper WFB, and hordes of chaos has taken my fancy (after a brief spell with a few mini's from the skaven and dark elves ranges).

So far, however, all I own are 3 horrors, and an aspiring champion!
    Before i buy some more stuff, I'd like to work out a general plan. I think I will be building it in 750 point stages, and the first 750 points looks like its going to be difficult (I think this would always be the case with a chaos army, from the looks of things!).

Anyway, going mostly with just using models I like the look of, how does this 750 army list strike you guys (or at least, anyone who can be bothered replying! )

:: Aspiring Champion
    - Mark Of Chaos Undivided
    - Extra Hand Weapon

:: Chaos Warrior Regiment (12 warriors)
    - Mark of Chaos Undivided
    - Shields
    - Full Command

:: Chaos Knights (5 knights)
    - Champion

:: 6 Warhounds

:: 5 Warhounds

:: 12 Horrors of Tzeentch
    - 1 Flamer of Tzeentch

So yeah, tear it apart if you want! (Please note, I don't really feel like fielding marauders, as much as they may be useful).

"Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

-=Moved to the Hordes of Chaos Army List Forums=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Spector View Post
    -=Moved to the Hordes of Chaos Army List Forums=-
    Ha! Whoops! Thats where I meant to put this thing all along. Cheers anyway!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well using models you like is the best way to build an army, so a good start there. Could really do with knowing how many men are in each unit, but the units you have listed are good, The warriors may be good with 2xHW aswell for the extra damage in combat, and will suit your general more if he is joining them. Possibly look into magic items for him, although i do prefer not to max out on them, especially at low points.
    Unfortunately im no expert on deamons so I wont comment there. Hounds make good units though considering how cheap they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Well using models you like is the best way to build an army, so a good start there. Could really do with knowing how many men are in each unit, but the units you have listed are good, The warriors may be good with 2xHW aswell for the extra damage in combat, and will suit your general more if he is joining them. Possibly look into magic items for him, although i do prefer not to max out on them, especially at low points.
    Unfortunately im no expert on deamons so I wont comment there. Hounds make good units though considering how cheap they are.
    Whoops again! Maybe I should just go to bed, but not before I edit in how many chaos warriors will be present.

And as for the 2hw, I was considering this, however it is a little prohibitive points wise (I have too few models on the table as it is), and also, with small numbers I'd like them to survive across the table. Hopefully.

My first test of this army was using store models, a similar load out - marauders were present however, and bloodletters instead of horrors. It was against a tooled up skaven gunline army, however, and wasn't a pretty result!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well facing a Skaven gunline isnt the nicest way to start out. Anyway, i like the look of the unit sizes. Possibly drop the banner from the warrior unit, and useing them 6 wide they wont get much static Cres anyway, you gotta go for the kills.
    Also just noticed i didnt put this in before, mount your General and put him with the Knights. Dropping some deamons and a hound will get you the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    I'm starting up a new army, my first proper WFB, and hordes of chaos has taken my fancy (after a brief spell with a few mini's from the skaven and dark elves ranges).

So far, however, all I own are 3 horrors, and an aspiring champion!
    Before i buy some more stuff, I'd like to work out a general plan. I think I will be building it in 750 point stages, and the first 750 points looks like its going to be difficult (I think this would always be the case with a chaos army, from the looks of things!).

Anyway, going mostly with just using models I like the look of, how does this 750 army list strike you guys (or at least, anyone who can be bothered replying! )
    First off welcome to fantasy. Also, Hordes of Chaos is a good, solid choice for an army. You have alot of different ways you can go with the various gods. Anyways, lets get down to taking a look at the list.

:: Aspiring Champion
    - Mark Of Chaos Undivided
    - Extra Hand Weapon
    Nice, cheap, solid character. Might also want to give him a shield incase he needs to use it, but aside from that he's fine.

:: Chaos Warrior Regiment (12 warriors)
    - Shields
    - Full Command
    If you go with 12, use them in 2 ranks of 6. Shields is a good choice with them, and overall this unit should do fine at this points level.

:: Chaos Knights (5 knights)
    - Champion
    Solid unit. Only thing I would advise is to drop the champion and add in a musician instead. Champions are pretty expensive for the one extra attack they give. You would almost be better off instead giving them the Mark of Khorne to get the entire unit extra attacks.

:: 6 Warhounds
    Good screening unit. You can knock them down to 5 if you need the points.

:: 5 Warhounds
    Good.

:: 12 Horrors of Tzeentch
    - 1 Flamer of Tzeentch
    Ahh some Tzeentch units. The Lord of Change shall smile favorably upon thee. Horrors are fun to play with as they can do so many different things. Flamers are very fun as well, and give Chaos an actual shooting phase .

So yeah, tear it apart if you want! (Please note, I don't really feel like fielding marauders, as much as they may be useful).
    I'm with you on marauders, I don't like the models much, but in low point games (especailly for me using a Tzeentch army) I really need them to add some bodies to my very small army. However, they are in no means manditory, and definately design your list how you will have the most fun with it.

Not a bad list at all. See how you like it and eventually you'll probably want to start adding some Marked units (or maked the entire army marked). Hope you enjoy fantasy .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I thought I would just tell you that the horrors are useless.
    They are fun, they are cool, they are very good... just not without any other mages. There is next to no chance of them doing something if they are the only casters, as they would get dispeled faster then you can spell Tzeentch...
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by cebwj View Post
    They are fun, they are cool, they are very good... just not without any other mages. There is next to no chance of them doing something if they are the only casters, as they would get dispeled faster then you can spell Tzeentch...
    Yea sadly this is true...the power level of their bound spell will be pretty low and he'll just throw all his DD into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

Fair enough, I did consider this. However, at 1500 points (the next block i'm aiming for) I would like to have 2 decent sized units of the things, a mage, and a champion of tzeentch. So I figured I may as well start with this group.

Was considering running a bunch of mounted daemonettes, you think this might be a better choice?

Also just noticed i didnt put this in before, mount your General and put him with the Knights. Dropping some deamons and a hound will get you the points.
    Yeah, I did think about this. Problem is, I already own the model with two axes (won a painting competition with him too), so I figure i'll go from there. More than that, it seems that the knights die too easily, being such prime targets. I'll hind them behind building etc...but they dont really provide enough ablative wounds, from what I can see.

Hmmm.... If I take away a chaos warrior (as the aspiring champion will most likely sit in that unit) a warhound and a flamer, I can take another 3 horrors for a unit of 15.

Flamers are very fun as well, and give Chaos an actual shooting phase .
    Thats why I picked it! It might not put out many shots, but hopefully it will be able to take out that goblin fanatic/ratling gun.

You guys have given me a little to think about, thanks for the help so far!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast