1000 pt fast slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt fast slaanesh

CHAOS 996

Characters
    140 GEN Chaos Sorcerer, lev 2, MOS (in MOS chariot)
    191 Aspiring Champion, Battle Standard, MOS, Banner of Wrath (magic missles), Barded steed (with knights)

Core
    205 5x Knights, Standard, MOS
    130 Chaos Chariot, MOS
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds

Special
    6x mtd daemonettes
    6x furies

Power 4
    Dispel 3

Ok, lets see...knights will have US 12, +3 to cr because of banners. Knights will kind of suck unless i get spell that gives them frenzy - but since they are not chosen they will probably die if I do cast it on them.

Army certainly does not have a large static cr unit but i guess that is what fast armies are all about.

Suggestions on what I should add/get rid of to make this army ok?

Last edited by Sybaris Slaay; September 14th, 2007 at 01:02. Reason: forgot to pay for power familiar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See my reply on your 750pts. list. Much of the same applies. 4 PD wont get you much further in a 1k army. So I sugest you either drop the Banner of Wrath and make a melee oriented general and a lvl 1 sorcerer with 1 dispel scroll for defense. Or attach the Banner of Wrath on the knights and make 2 caster heroes instead of just 1. A Power Stone or two would then further boost the chance of your vital spell going through. The later would give you 6 PD (+2 or 4 "one use only") and a bound spell.

Concerning your troop selection, I think everything looks sound and would make a swift and good looking attack party.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

For just a 1K list your characters are very expensive. On the verge of being the same cost as taking 3 characters n a TK army, and noone should use more points that TK when it comes to characters (at 1K atleast)

Anyway, id say loose the BSB upgrade and his magic banner, its very expensive for what it does. And as you are fast, youll want to be in Combat asap, where the magic missile will be useless. Possibly boost him to an Exhalted Champion and as he is with the knights, make him set for being in combat, all out offensive. That doesnt mean you need magic items though, mundane equipment works fine at this low pts level.

Not sure about the Sorc in a chariot either, again the chariot wants to get into combat. Ideally,the sorcerer doesn't. Just give him a horse and let him ride around alone, or maybe with some cheap marauder cav for protection.

As for the Knights, id say loose their banner too. If they flee from combat, or, god forbid, they get killed in CC, then the enemy gets a good chunk of points for the banner. Make them Chosen instead, far more Combat Res to gain from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See my reply on your 750pts. list. Much of the same applies. 4 PD wont get you much further in a 1k army. So I sugest you either drop the Banner of Wrath and make a melee oriented general and a lvl 1 sorcerer with 1 dispel scroll for defense. Or attach the Banner of Wrath on the knights and make 2 caster heroes instead of just 1. A Power Stone or two would then further boost the chance of your vital spell going through. The later would give you 6 PD (+2 or 4 "one use only") and a bound spell.

Concerning your troop selection, I think everything looks sound and would make a swift and good looking attack party.

+ Reply to Thread