2000pts Nurgle Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Nurgle Friendly

Hi guys,
    I just brought the HoC army book some warriors and knights:party: and wrote this list up last night. I am only using it for friendly games against friends unless it is really good which i doubt.
    HERO:

Exalted Deamon w/
    Mark of Nurgle
    Cloud of Flies
    Master of mortals
    Lv 2 Sorcerer (LoN)
    TOTAL: 395pts

TROOPS:

15 Chaos Warriors w/
    Mark of Nurgle
    Additional Hand Weapons
    Full command
    TOTAL: 335pts

6 Chaos Knights w/
    Chosen
    Mark of Nurgle
    Musician, Champion
    TOTAL: 350pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w/
    Shields
    TOTAL: 75pts

6 Warhonds of Chaos
    TOTAL: ????

6 Warhounds of Chaos
    TOTAL: ???????????????????????

SPECIAL:

18 Plaguebearers
    TOTAL: 288pts

18 Plaguebearers
    TOTAL: 288pts

12 Plaguebearers
    TOTAL: 192pts

TOTAL:1995pts;Y

Please fell free to critisise, fix or give opinions on this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate!

Though I'm fairly new to HoC myself, I'm also playing a mortal nurgle army and have been playtesting different armies lately. Let me offer you my advice based on this so you can pick and chose from it..

Firstly I wont comment on your general, as it seems to me you've picked him for fluffy reasons. And he looks fine. I think you could use some more magic defense though. 3 dispel dices doesn't do the job in 2000 pts. imo. If you add another lvl 2 wizard with 2 dispel scrolls you'd both have greater magic power your self. And will boost your defense immensely. A Battlestandard to walk with your warrior unit would also be nice to include..

Now on to troops..
    I'd drop the MoN from your knights. Having only a US of 12 they wont be outnumbering much. And so the expensive mark doesn't really pay off. Also consider removing the champion from this unit. 1 extra attack for 20 points is alot for this already hard hitting unit. Instead boost the warrior unit with at least another rank to make it more likely for them to outnumber and autobreak their opponent (if you can find the points 24 warriors in 4x6 ranks are great with MoN). I would also give them a shield against shooting and the occational 3+ armour save in melee when its needed.

Finally I would remove the unit of 12 Plaguebearers to pay for one of the characters I mentioned earlier.

You could also consider including some furies, nurglings, chariots, spawns and marauders.. Those are all great and solid additions.

Have fun!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Id have to agree with Morthul on all his points, especially concerning the Warrior unit.

Your lone Deamon Prnce is not going to be brilliant alone, only one level 2 caster at 2K will be easily dispelled. Id say boost him to level 3 atleast, and definitely look at getting one or two more Sorcerers.

Shields wont protect teh Maru cav from much, id say give them flails instead, atleast they can be good on the charge then.

Definitely add shields to the warriors, and probably drop the champ from the Knights. However if you decide to put a Sorcerer on horse in this unit, the champ will be great for accepting challenges.

Im afraid im no realy Deamon Expert, so i wont comment on these for now. If i get a chance ill take a look at their profiles and get back to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to both of you, i will post the new list as soon as possible. i was just wondering wether chaos warriors need to be 5 wide to to gain a rank bonus, also in a nurgle army are you aloud to have units without MoN and just the regular mark?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yes to both

All units must be 5 wide in order to gain a rank bonus.

If your general is Nurgle, you are free to mix Nurgle, Undivided and Unmarked units in your army however you wish. (Obviously within the other restriction, 3+ Core etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is almost a complete change from what i last posted but it looks pretty good

LORDS:

Exalted Sorcerer w/
    MoN
    Lv4 Upgrade
    Rod of Corruption
    TOTAL:395

HEROES:

Sorcerer w/
    Lv2 Upgrade
    2 Dispell Scrolls
    TOTAL: 190pts

TROOPS:

23 Chaos Warriors w/
    MoN
    Full Command
    Add Hand Weapon
    TOTAL: 471pts

5 Chaos Knights w/
    Musician
    TOTAL: 175pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
    TOTAL: ??????

5 Warhounds of Chaos

19 Marauders w/
    Full Command
    Light Armour
    Shields
    TOTAL: 163pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w/
    Flails
    Shields
    TOTAL: 85pts

SPECIAL:

3 Nurgling Bases
    TOTAL: ?????

12 Plaugebearers

RARE:

Beast of Nurgle
    TOTAL: ???

Beast of Nurgle

TOTAL=2001ptsWhat can i get rid of that costs a point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

If you really need to drop that point, id say drop the Nurgle upgrade from the spawns. Of all the 4 available, i really dont think Poisoned attacks are worthwhile there. With those extra points you could add some stuff in elsewhere, boosting the Marauder unit etc.

Tbh if you want to keep the Deamon army you should really keep them as a 'core' to the list. The main problem i guess is that Deamons arent very competitive, not as much as Mortals atleast. Also if your trying to go magic heavy it really can cost you quite a few points, and Chaos uber magic is only really good if you go Tzeench imho, as they hav a great all round Lore to deal with the enemy.

Maybe ge for a Combat based Lord, then 2 Hero Sorcerers? that may work out better for you i think.

Also, the Maru's dont need FC, loose the champ and banner.
    Last edited by Phoenix; September 21st, 2007 at 15:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on removing the MoN from the spawns. About the Marauders not needing a FC, depends on what your planning to use them for. I have a unit of 24 marauders led by my lord with the MoN, making the unit hard as nails. They proved this by slaying Golfag himself and one of his ogres before chasing the remaining ogres down, on the same turn the ogres charged my unit. I then have my warriors with MoN led by a BSB.. also worth every point.

I am also running with a melee lord, a BSB and then two lvl 2 sorcerers for some magic blasting. And I find this very balanced.

You could consider exchanging the deamon allies with a pair of chariots if your not too attached to them. They work wonders in my army and are great models.

By the way.. I'm not a huge fan of the Rod of Corruption. It has to be used fairly early in the game to have any impact. And if your opponent still has a dispel scroll up his sleeve. You just threw 75 points out the window.

Regards!

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exalted Sorcerer w/
    MoN
    Lv4 Upgrade
    Rod of Corruption
    TOTAL:395
    - have you considered plague chalice?

HEROES:

Sorcerer w/
    Lv2 Upgrade
    2 Dispell Scrolls
    TOTAL: 190pts
    - Looks good

TROOPS:

23 Chaos Warriors w/
    MoN
    Full Command
    Add Hand Weapon
    TOTAL: 471pts
    - Wow, thats a hell of a lot of points on one unit, i think the most you going to need is 18, 15 with warbanner is pretty solid (and still provides much needed combat res).

5 Chaos Knights w/
    Musician
    TOTAL: 175pts
    - No mark here? how come they arnt chosen, the extra hitting power helps alot.

5 Warhounds of Chaos

5 Warhounds of Chaos
    - Both very good, very nice as flankers and can deal with archers as well.

19 Marauders w/
    Full Command
    Light Armour
    Shields
    TOTAL: 163pts
    - Nice

5 Marauder Horsemen w/
    Flails
    Shields
    TOTAL: 85pts
    - drop the shields

SPECIAL:

3 Nurgling Bases
    TOTAL: ?????

12 Plaugebearers
    - I would drop these and take furies, personally i dont like plague bearers, stream of corruptin seems wasted.
    RARE:

Beast of Nurgle

Beast of Nurgle
    - yeah i would just take basic ones.

Another thing you could consider is taking nurgle minotaurs, cheaper than dragons ogres but pretty much as good, really no difference in adding beastmen to your book to adding daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    - have you considered plague chalice?
    I think the chalice is probarly as unreliable as an item gets. If you like it its cool, but its sertainly not my cup o thea..
    I would personally still go for a melee based general with 2 level 2 wizards in support.

- Wow, thats a hell of a lot of points on one unit, i think the most you going to need is 18, 15 with warbanner is pretty solid (and still provides much needed combat res).
    I agree that 18 warriors is as big as a unit should be in any Chaos army.. except in when marked by Nurgle. If you (for whatever reason) throw in a fear causing mark for 50 points.. At least let it count for something. My own Nurgle regiment is 20 strong, led by a BSB. And they've done great things (like rooting an Iron Breaker unit incl. a dwarf lord because of fear+outnumber+combat won). Wouldn't really want the unit any smaller.

- No mark here? how come they arnt chosen, the extra hitting power helps alot.
    Even though this unit only has a unit number of 10. The MoN would still cost a flashing 50 points. And with such few numbers it would hardly ever come into play at full effect. I think he's right on this one..

- I would drop these and take furies, personally i dont like plague bearers, stream of corruptin seems wasted.
    I love the Plague Bearer models. But I've never really played with them either as they seem somewhat lacking to me aswell.. I really agree with you that no army should rob itself of the chance of fielding Furies.. They are simply worth every penny!

Another thing you could consider is taking nurgle minotaurs, cheaper than dragons ogres but pretty much as good, really no difference in adding beastmen to your book to adding daemons.
    I really think there's a noticeable difference on the Dragon Ogres and Minotaur statline. But I agree that the Minotaurs will probarly do the job just as good at much lower points cost. Personally I'm fielding 4 Chaos Ogres instead (only because I love my Irongut conversions). And they are doing extremely well. Killed a giant in one battle, rooted an entire enemy flank in another, and so on. So both 4 Minotaurs and Ogres with great weapons and a musician would be a force in itself..

Happy gaming!

+ Reply to Thread