2000pt Tournament Slaanesh Mortals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

2000pt Tournament Slaanesh Mortals

2000pt Tournament Slaanesh Mortals

Hi all, I am thinking of getting into fantasy specifcally tourneys and frendly gaming, Here is my list. I have not played many games with it yet, but slowly painting it.
    The idea is a mishmash of units i like. I want to be balanced to take on anyone.
    Any help or ideas would be great. thx.

Casting Pool: 7
    Dispel Pool: 5
    Models in Army: 79

Exalted Sorcerer of Chaos – Chaos Armour, Level 3, Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar 300
    Aspiring Champion – Chaos Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Flail, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed 118
    Aspiring Champion – Chaos Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Battle Standard Bearer 125
    Bray Shaman – Bray Staff, Level 2 Upgrade 116

17 Warriors of Slaanesh – Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Mark of Slaanesh 293
    Chariot of Chaos - Mark of Slaanesh 130
    5 Chosen Knights of Chaos - Chaos Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Musician, Standard Bearer 275
    6 Warhounds 36
    6 Warhounds 36
    6 Warhounds 36
    5 Marauder Horsemen – Flails, Musician 81

Beast Herd
    8 Gors – 2 Hand Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer
    12 Ungor – Spear, Shield 119
    6 Chaos Furies 90
    Tuskgor Chariot 85
    Tuskgor Chariot 85

Fiend of Slaanesh 75
    Total; 2000pts

2. Remove Advertisements

Como, Italy
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

hey this seems to be pretty solid! 8Y
    i would make some minor changes:
    the exalted sorcerer should be lvl 4, because slaanesh magic is the most powerful aspect of this god. i suggest you to take a power familiar to boost magic. And a ward save because he's costy: btw where is he going? if you field him in the warriors he will attract all the attacks and won't last long!
    otherwise you could drop him and get a lord-shaman, to save some points and have a better ward save (crown of horns) and field him in a beast herd that would stay away from combat, while the warriors are meant to be hard-hitters. doing this, you must then take an exalted champ as general.
    if you manage to spare some points, you could give 2 dispel scrolls to the lvl2 shaman.
    the 2 champions are definitely fine!
    the special units section is ok imo: maybe you could field 8 furies.
    the core section is the major problem.
    17 warriors tend to be too much - i would be satisfied with 12 (6x2) maybe you could give them the rapturous standard to make them last longer (but only if you really have nothing else to add to the list). the equipment choice is good
    i would drop the chaos chariot, since you already have 2 tuskgor chariots. it costs too much and does not do much more than them.
    the 5 chosen horsemen are ok, i would maybe give them a magical warbanner.
    for the marauders, i would field 7, to test panic after 2 casualties...and maybe 2 units.

to do all this changes...imo you could get points by removing the slaanesh chariot and one unit of hounds.

sorry i didn't do the math: maybe you won't have enough points!
    hope i helped!
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread