2000 pt. Tzeentch Daemonic Legions Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Tzeentch Daemonic Legions Competitive

Well I haven't played daemonic legions yet though I plan on starting to run them. I'm getting a basic 2000pts. in and i want some advice on whether or not the list looks good, etc. I would like for it to be a competitive list, and though some people might prefer mortals, I have them too, this is just an extension on my entire chaos army, so please don't suggest for me not to take daemonic legions or comment saying you think daemonic legions is bad...I've heard it all before.

Daemon Prince, MoT, Tzeentch's Will, Power Vortex, Master of Sorcery 550pts

18x Horrors, S, M, C, Unholy Icon 390pts
    12x Horrors, S, C 243pts
    9x Flamers
    3x Screamers

3x Changebringers
    2x Chariots of Tzeentch

Total Points: 1997

PD: 8 (1x Bound 9, 1x Bound 6)
    DD: 6

This is a competitive list. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm sorry...but i would rebuild this list from the start...

there is a serious lack of magic, especially for a tzeentch army!

also, IMO changebringers and tzeentch chariots are a complete waste of points.
    i would rather take more horrors and flamers/flyers units if there are enough points.

eg. 4 horrors units of 12, with champions-mages. (4 magic levels plus bound spells -imo power 6 is enough since it forces opponent to use 2 dispel dice: power 8 is not necessary)
    a prince (4 lvls)
    an herald (2 lvls)
    which makes a decent 10 levels, adequate for a 2000 points tzeentch.

since you chose tzeentch -no matter if mortal or daemonic- your main concern should always be magic, not cc.
    because 12 or 18 horrors, with or without standard bearer, are going to lose any cc badly.

so i suggest you to hardly focus on magic and forgo anything else! ;Y

btw i also was thinking about a tzeentch legion

what do you think of this? i wrote it right now... let me know your opinion!

prince: MoT, radiance, splendour, spell breaker, master of sorcery

herald: MoT, GIoC, banner of wrath

4x 12 horrors + champions

4 screamers

5 flamers

total: 1993 pts, 12PD+5bound, 9DD+1dispel

It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its pretty good though in a 2000 pt game of Tzeentch I only take 2 characters. For daemons I only take one because they are so expensive, that I need the other points for troops.

I run chariots to take care of war-machines. A combination of a chariot/changebringer charge can be very deadly.

You have a 600 pt character thats a level 4 caster. Its almost a neccesity to take Tzeentch's will just so you don't miscast.

This is how i run Tzeentch's will and it has always worked out for me....I roll for blue fire last. And if I don't miscast yet, then I take the re-roll and use it to roll for either the 2d6 hits or the d6+1 strength....this always work and I always do tons of damage with that spell using it in that manner...
    Last edited by Kingkobra7221; October 10th, 2007 at 04:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup tzeenchy will is really awesome...i never used it so i misjudged it

the other things i wanted to point out is that imo you should focus more on the highest number possible of spells, rather than their quality.
    i mean, with 4 lvl 1 horror-mages you already have 4 magic missiles FOR SURE, and 4 with a good probability of success (with 2 dice each). i know they suck...but they make the bulk of your magic phase: 8d6 missile hits at average strength 3 are not to be overlooked.
    then come the two professional casters with -luck permitting- the most valuable spells.
    i know they have only 4 dice remaining, if you let off all the missiles, and must choose well what to cast.
    i mean, starting with the bound spells, you can see how the opponent uses its DD and then choose whether to go on with missiles (you could even try 1 PD each for 1/3 success) or pass on to real spells.
    having few casters, you incur the risk of letting off valuable spells when the opponent still has got many DD.

anyway, this is an impression i get from the "paper" version of the army...seeing how it goes on the field would be more adequate

cheers!
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread