1000 pt Chaos Undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt Chaos Undivided

Hey all!

As a note I still haven't picked up the newest edition (to me!) rulebook... I see a lot of people doing 12 warriors in 2 ranks of 6. This looks like a fairly good idea, frontage on these chaos fellows is key.

Aspiring Champion of Chaos

Warriors of Chaos (12) - 210
    Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion
    Shields

Marauders (20) - 155
    Musician, Standard Bearer
    Light Armour and Shields

Warhounds (5)

Warhounds (5)

Marauder Horsemen (5) - 81
    Musician
    Flails

Marauder Horsemen (5) - 76
    Musician
    Spears

Knights of Chaos (5)

Chaos Furies (5)

Total: 902

98 points to work with, some of which obviously need to go to the hero choice. I am debating if I should put him on a horsey and have him crash into things with the knights, which is never a bad idea. The other option is just fleshing out the knights a bit and beefing up the hero for foot slogging with the warriors.

I think I might also be a good idea to add an additional trooper to the furies, marauder horsemen units, and maybe even warhounds. Make the flankers and skirmishers a bit tougher.

Conversely, I could take out one of those marauder units as I am not sure having so many squishy horseys running around is a good idea. How potent is magic at 1000 pts on average? I am thinking a sorcerer may help me dispel, but a single L1 sorcerer is pretty tame.

Last edited by Capt. Fetlock; October 22nd, 2007 at 18:09. Reason: Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Well, I would chosenify the knights, but I have an unneccessary amount of enthusiasm for chosen. Lets be honest, they are very very hard.

That takes 60 points leaving 38 to bung some stuff on your aspiring champion. I like to have any general other than a chaos lord footslogging so if you do that then you can get the armour of damnation and an extra hand weapon and still have 4 pts to spare.

Or just rummage through the armies book and see what looks nice. That works.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Well, I would chosenify the knights, but I have an unneccessary amount of enthusiasm for chosen. Lets be honest, they are very very hard.

That takes 60 points leaving 38 to bung some stuff on your aspiring champion. I like to have any general other than a chaos lord footslogging so if you do that then you can get the armour of damnation and an extra hand weapon and still have 4 pts to spare.

Or just rummage through the armies book and see what looks nice. That works.
    How about I drop the second spear-wielding horseman unit, make the knights chosen, get a chaos spawn, bump the aspiring champion to an exalted champion, and give him a great weapon with the armour of damnation?

Fancy eh?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Chosen isnt a must, but it is very nice to have.

Drop the standard from the warrior unit, and look at giving them 2xHW too, their CRes is from kills.

Make the second Maru cav unit with flails too

Get that Asp Champ on a horse and have him go with the Knights. Armour of D is great.

Possibly look at a spawn if you have the points, thay can be handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I shall make the knights chosen and drop the 2nd marauder cavalry.

What isn't so certain is whether I will mount the AC and put him with the knights or tweak him with gear and stomp along with the chaos warriors. If I did that I might beef up their lines to handle shooting casualties before they get stuck in, but then I am stuck.

If I give him some wargear and the 2nd hand weapon to the warriors then I cannot afford a spawn (and can only afford a few piddly little upgrades to various units).

If I go cheap on him then I can give the second weapon to the warriors, give the champ a horse (and stick him with the knights) and afford a spawn.

The idea is (correct me if I am wrong) but chosen knights should be able to beat their way through most standard units without a hitch and flank charge particularly hard units for the win. Fire magnets obviously, but do people find this is the case? Or do they need that character to make them the absolute killing machines they can (should) be?

If the AC isn't necessary for the knights then he could probably do a lot of good with the warriors to ensure they win combats like they should. And if the AC is necessary for the knights then I figure a spawn would be a good idea to beef up the front line's survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Chosen isnt a must, but it is very nice to have.

Drop the standard from the warrior unit, and look at giving them 2xHW too, their CRes is from kills.

Make the second Maru cav unit with flails too

Get that Asp Champ on a horse and have him go with the Knights. Armour of D is great.

Possibly look at a spawn if you have the points, thay can be handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Im gonna tell you a funny little story about my 2hw chosen chaos warrios with my AC in the unit. They got taken out by a unit of 10 empire GS and a detachment of spearmen. I wasnt even flanked!!!(A building was in the way, I dont know if it is legal but they both ended up charging them. I lost only two warriors, but I ended up losing combat, breaking, and getting run down by an amazing 12 pursuit roll.

I guess what I am trying to say is do not count on pwnability to win the day. I am not saying that it wont, dont get me wrong, chosen can be beasts. But I wouldnt upgrade to chosen if I were you. Instead, how about a couple more knights?? Also I would go with the cheaper AC on a horse with the knights(which makes up for the non-chosen-ness..... almost), 2hw warriors(even though I have had bad experiences with them), and the spawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblademafia View Post
    Im gonna tell you a funny little story about my 2hw chosen chaos warrios with my AC in the unit. They got taken out by a unit of 10 empire GS and a detachment of spearmen. I wasnt even flanked!!!(A building was in the way, I dont know if it is legal but they both ended up charging them. I lost only two warriors, but I ended up losing combat, breaking, and getting run down by an amazing 12 pursuit roll.

I guess what I am trying to say is do not count on pwnability to win the day. I am not saying that it wont, dont get me wrong, chosen can be beasts. But I wouldnt upgrade to chosen if I were you. Instead, how about a couple more knights?? Also I would go with the cheaper AC on a horse with the knights(which makes up for the non-chosen-ness..... almost), 2hw warriors(even though I have had bad experiences with them), and the spawn.
    Good points. I was concerned earlier about the punch of my warriors and certain flankers. I wish I could attach a hero to my warriors, I don't think I have much faith in them to take on a solid unit. Probably unfair on the whole. I like your thinking about the knights, but to be honest I am not keen on buying another box anytime soon. I guess I will have to stretch out my anticipated roll-out of this army if I go that way.

I've decided for sure to take a spawn at least. Heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exalted Champion of Chaos - 150
    Chaos Steed
    Great Weapon
    Armour of Damnation

Warriors of Chaos (12) - 228
    Standard Bearer, Champion
    Shields
    Additional Hand Weapons

Marauders (20) - 155
    Musician, Standard Bearer
    Light Armour and Shields

Warhounds (5)

Warhounds (5)

Marauder Horsemen (5) - 75
    Flails

Knights of Chaos (5) - 185
    Champion

Chaos Furies (5)

Chaos Spawn

Total: 1000

Just a little tweak in mind now. Yes, combat res is from kills for warriors, but would it be better for me to drop the exalted to aspiring and put that standard bearer back in the warrior unit and then spend the next ten on either a marauder chieftain or biting blade or musician for the knights?

Edit: Replaced the musicians of the Marauder Horsemen and Warriors with a Standard Bearer for the Warriors. Why attempt to mitigate a tie when you can win!?
    Last edited by Capt. Fetlock; October 25th, 2007 at 16:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want the extra strength on the leader dont give him a great weapon, 1+S for stiking last, not a nice idea!!

try to up the warriors to 15 to geth the extra rank, also replace the knights champ, way to expensive for for +1A,

Furies are great in games of this size, the list looks gud other wise!!

+ Reply to Thread